PDA

View Full Version : Harvesting God's Goodness

ConqueredbyLove
Nov 19th 2008, 12:02 AM
Harvesting of Godís Goodness

Part I

~For ye shall not go out with haste, nor go by flight: for the LORD will go before you; and the God of Israel will be your rereward~

Isaiah 52: 12

What precious treasure we can glean from some of the strangest words, if our hearts are alert to the gentle whisperings of the Holy Spirit. Certainly the word rereward, as found in the King James Version of the Bible, is foreign to our modern ears. The English Standard version defines it rearguard.

No matter what version we read, however, the word reveals another of the glorious characteristics of our dear God. For, in this instance, the word means to gather or take away. As noted above, our God goes before us. Most, if Christians for a significant amount of time, know the Lord as the Shepherd God. ~I am the good Shepherd~ and all that entails is finer than the most glittering of diamonds to the soul who has come to know the Shepherdís heart. For the good Shepherd leads us and guides us, protects and defends us. He goes after the one lost sheep until found and He carries the little lambs close to His great heart of love

However, have we experienced the God of Israel being our rereward? We have experienced Him in this fashion but perhaps we are not aware of Him as such. For what does the rereward or rearguard of His people do? Why is it significant to know how He helps us in such a way?

During the days of the Exodus, the rearguard represented the angel of God who led the people of God away from the pursuing Egyptians, as it is written ~ Then the angel of God who was going before the host of Israel moved and went behind them, and the pillar of cloud moved from before them and stood behind them, coming between the host of Egypt and the host of Israel. And there was the cloud and the darkness. And it lit up the night without one coming near the other all night~ He was the protection of Godís people from the harmful Egyptians.

Our glorious God does not stop revealing Himself, however, there. For the rearguard serves the people of God in another fashion. He goes before us but He also goes behind us gathering up and taking away all of the messes we make of our lives. He follows behind us and gathers up and takes away all of our guilt and shame, all of our suffering, all of our brokenness and turns it all for our good. He gathers up and takes away our daily messes, also.

Gracious God! None but You are so good to us! None but You are so patient and kind! None but You are so tender and merciful. You gather up and take away with Your nail-pierced hands all of the brokenness of our lives and turn our lives into a beautiful poema, a beautiful poem, lovely to you and useful to those in need!

OhÖ.

~ Whom have I in heaven but you? And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you.

My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever ~

11/18/08

MercyChild
Nov 19th 2008, 10:26 AM
I just love reading your devotions each day. It is so inspiring and blessed. Thank you so much for sharing this with us!:hug:

HE HAS BEEN SO GOOD TO ME!

ConqueredbyLove
Nov 19th 2008, 07:16 PM
I just love reading your devotions each day. It is so inspiring and blessed. Thank you so much for sharing this with us!:hug:

HE HAS BEEN SO GOOD TO ME!

Thank you, so much! I love sharing with anyone that will read, what He gives me. Never in my life thought I would be doing this! God certainly has special plans for each of us.......especially (((you))) :hug:

MercyChild
Nov 19th 2008, 09:18 PM
Thank you for the kind words!:blush:

militarywife
Nov 20th 2008, 02:51 PM
:hug:So uplifting and precious. Thank you for this encouraging read.

TBONE61
Nov 20th 2008, 03:38 PM
Thanks for posting these devotions. I enjoy them tremendously.

ConqueredbyLove
Nov 20th 2008, 10:50 PM
Thanks for posting these devotions. I enjoy them tremendously.

Aww shucks.......I was having such a sad day today :cry: and I so needed your kind comments :hug: Thank you, so much :hug: