PDA

View Full Version : God/Devil that bring people into our lives?

bboo01
Nov 19th 2008, 04:47 PM
When someone comes into our lives is it God's doing or the devil? Does it depend on whether that is a good or bad person?

HisLeast
Nov 19th 2008, 05:49 PM
When someone comes into our lives is it God's doing or the devil? Does it depend on whether that is a good or bad person?

Do you think the devil has any power to alter reality outside of what God allows and therefore ultimately controls?

militarywife
Nov 19th 2008, 05:54 PM
I feel that it is God. The bible says in Romans 8:35-39
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

JesusReignsForever
Nov 19th 2008, 06:59 PM
Hmmm I have been thinking about this for a while...haha

My Opinion.

If it is someone that is encouraging to Stay with God and do his will then yes it is of God. Someone that is pushing you or encouraging you in the right direction...they have to be from God

But if it is someone that is encouraging you in all the wrong areas of life it must be of the devil..but it could also be God because he could be wanting you to witness to this person.

So I say all good things come from God and the devil can come thru and try to corrupt anything good or bad.

I hope that makes sense.:)

bboo01
Nov 19th 2008, 07:00 PM
What about a situation where someone comes into your life when you and other person is still married? How can something that is wrong be of God's planning? I'm really new to being a christian...thanks for your help.

HisLeast
Nov 19th 2008, 07:01 PM
But if it is someone that is encouraging you in all the wrong areas of life it must be of the devil..but it could also be God because he could be wanting you to witness to this person.

So I say all good things come from God and the devil can come thru and try to corrupt anything good or bad.

I just have two honest questions to challenge you with.
1) Who hardened Pharaoh's heart against Isreal?
2) Who put the idea in David's head to take a census?

HisLeast
Nov 19th 2008, 07:07 PM
What about a situation where someone comes into your life when you and other person is still married? How can something that is wrong be of God's planning? I'm really new to being a christian...thanks for your help.

My advice to you would be, for any given circumstance, think less about determining God's plan and think more about how you should act.

All situations... ALL ALL ALL situations happen within God's provenance and ultimately bring about his glory weather our human perspectives ever grasp it or not. The key is, what is YOUR part in those situations.

God has given us His will and plan, but sometimes its hard for us to see it that way. You see... he's given us instructions on righteous living, not specifics about why things happen.

JesusReignsForever
Nov 19th 2008, 07:16 PM
I just have two honest questions to challenge you with.
1) Who hardened Pharaoh's heart against Isreal?
2) Who put the idea in David's head to take a census?

Why Must I always be challenged by someone on this forum???

Answers
1) God did.
2) Well since God was displeased I would have to say Satan.

Whats your point?

HisLeast
Nov 19th 2008, 07:26 PM
Why Must I always be challenged by someone on this forum???
Don't take offense. We're all here for teaching and correction. Lord know's I've had my share of challenge here too, and its saved me from some dangerous ideas.

Answers
1) God did.
2) Well since God was displeased I would have to say Satan.
2 Samuel 24:1 (http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?version=NIV&passage=2+Samuel+24)
2 Samuel 24:1 "Again the anger of the LORD burned against Israel, and he incited David against them, saying, "Go and take a census of Israel and Judah."

Whats your point?
My point is that the universe isn't in tension between two masters: one good and one evil. God's authority is supreme and unwavering. ALL things happen in God's provenance, not just the good things.

militarywife
Nov 19th 2008, 07:40 PM
That sounds to me like a test. God gives us the freedom of choice. Sin comes when we yeild to temptation. If we move past it and continue in the Love of Christ...we overcome it.:hug:

JesusReignsForever
Nov 19th 2008, 07:41 PM
Don't take offense. We're all here for teaching and correction. Lord know's I've had my share of challenge here too, and its saved me from some dangerous ideas.

2 Samuel 24:1 (http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?version=NIV&passage=2+Samuel+24)
2 Samuel 24:1 "Again the anger of the LORD burned against Israel, and he incited David against them, saying, "Go and take a census of Israel and Judah."

My point is that the universe isn't in tension between two masters: one good and one evil. God's authority is supreme and unwavering. ALL things happen in God's provenance, not just the good things.

oOOoOOoOOO thanks for the clarification! :)