PDA

View Full Version : Ive discovered the secret to healthy

Oregongrown
Nov 19th 2008, 04:58 PM
weight-loss!! Eating!!:rofl:I've learned to "fuel" my body with what it needs. I eat from ALL the food groups(meats, dairy, fruits, vegies and whole grains)and I don't do any lowfat or "diet" foods. I started on October 6th and got my food intake regulated, 1200 calories a day, without exercise. After that was set, my meals, snacks etc. I began to walk 4.2 miles a day. I live way out in the country and couldn't afford a gym if I lived in town:) Plus, I love walking out here in God's creation. I walked everyday because it is not harsh exercise and I feel great. Now I take a day or two off just because I know I can without messing up:) For that first month I lost no pounds. I got very frustrated and discouraged but I didn't quit. I asked questions and found out that the extra "calories" I burned exercising, needed to be eatin also. I thought anything I burned off was "gain". So say I need 1200 calories per day for healthy weight-loss(1-1.5 lbs per week). Now those are for my weight and height don't forget:) When I exercise I burn about 270 in calories, sometimes more. If I don't eat those additional calories, I am not fueling my body enough and so, it begins to store the fat rather than burn it. I began eating those extra calories(hard to do because I don't get hungry or bad munchies anymore). Now Ive lost 4 lbs since the 6th of November and I feel GREATTTTTTTTTT!!!

I have met several gals, some have lost 158 lbs, some are just trying to lose 5. I love the way I feel physically and it is doing wonders for all other areas of my life, Spiritually, emotionally and mentally. The Spiritual always needs to be first but I can't say enough about a physically healthy lifestyle:) I've learned a lot and am glad to share it if anyone is interested:) I met a gal the other day that was crying. She was 5'4" and weighed 320. She couldn't walk 20 feet without gasping for air. She is under a doctors care and is beginning to fill her fridge and cupboards with normal foods. With prayer and encouragement, she is going to lose that weight, God willing:) One day at a time sweet Jesus:)

your sister in Christ, denise:D

moonglow
Nov 19th 2008, 05:47 PM
That is great! I am happy for you! :pp I think with gas prices down I might start driving out to the mall and walking it like I see alot of people do. With my allergies and it being so windy most days, (plus its getting colder out) I don't much like walking outside...I mean I do...when its nice...but its not usually nice out...:rolleyes: I think I will take my son with me...though he doesn't need to lose any weight, he needs to get out of the house..

I hope this lady you mentioned does well...its so hard on the body to be that overweight...and so hard to lose too...I feel for her. Sounds like you are being an inspiration to people! :)

God bless

Oregongrown
Nov 19th 2008, 06:34 PM
My walking buddy edie, has to go to the mall, she takes me along as she can afford the gas, LOL!! But anyway, she gets allergies and sometimes, expecially lately, we have been having "stagnate air" advisories. Walkin in the mall this time of year is soooooooooo fun!!! All the christmas lights, I love them:)

God bless sis!!! denise
If you want to keep track of your food intake(calories)let me know, also, it is really fun to do:) And if you exercise, you need more "fuel" don't forget:):pp

That is great! I am happy for you! :pp I think with gas prices down I might start driving out to the mall and walking it like I see alot of people do. With my allergies and it being so windy most days, (plus its getting colder out) I don't much like walking outside...I mean I do...when its nice...but its not usually nice out...:rolleyes: I think I will take my son with me...though he doesn't need to lose any weight, he needs to get out of the house..

I hope this lady you mentioned does well...its so hard on the body to be that overweight...and so hard to lose too...I feel for her. Sounds like you are being an inspiration to people! :)

God bless