PDA

View Full Version : Redeemed but Not Restored

JesusReignsForever
Nov 19th 2008, 07:37 PM
It just seems like such a waiting game when it comes to God. Well based on my life anyway. I first believed and accepted Christ into my heart and soul in 2006. I just recieved the Holy Ghost w/ speaking in tounges this year 2008. And now I am waiting on my restoration to when I first believed in 2006, I had such a fire burning in me back in 2006 it was awesome. I am just waiting for god to give me that buring desire I had...I desperatly need that back.

Are there any stories in the bible of someone or some people being redeemed but not restored?? Or any combination or the two. I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

HisLeast
Nov 19th 2008, 07:53 PM
I've never heard of there being a distinction between the two.

Teke
Nov 19th 2008, 08:50 PM
It just seems like such a waiting game when it comes to God. Well based on my life anyway. I first believed and accepted Christ into my heart and soul in 2006. I just recieved the Holy Ghost w/ speaking in tounges this year 2008. And now I am waiting on my restoration to when I first believed in 2006, I had such a fire burning in me back in 2006 it was awesome. I am just waiting for god to give me that buring desire I had...I desperatly need that back.

Are there any stories in the bible of someone or some people being redeemed but not restored?? Or any combination or the two. I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

The "burning desire" was that feeling of first love (Rev. 2:4). It is you who must return to your first love. Were you distracted by "tongues"?

1Jo 4:17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

1Jo 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

1Jo 4:19 We love him, because he first loved us.

Understand the above verses. 4:17, love is made perfect-how?- being as he was in this world.
His day of judgment came when He faced the cross being judged of men. We are as He is and must also face such a thing. Perfect love doesn't fear this, but is made bold in such suffering.

Envision yourself as He was, bearing the cross. Not only must you bear it to the mount of Calvary, but you must also hang on it until your dead as He did. It is for this reason that we cry out to Him for mercy. Though we do so because we love Him.

Keep the faith. God is going to bring you to glory in that cross, you just wait and see. :hug:

JesusReignsForever
Nov 20th 2008, 02:44 AM
No I wasnt distracted by tounges not at all.

shawn_2828
Feb 16th 2009, 10:15 PM

Thanks!

Just like Teke said when you was introduced to God, He is your First Love, that is why you had that burning desire. You were not just introduced to Him, it is also like connectioning to a source that feeds you and guides you. You were just made aware of Him. If sounds like maybe you were distracted in away. God never leave us, but somtimes we move from God, and we lose that desire that we had for Him. God never changes or moves, we do.

What were you doing when you had that burning desire for God? What ever you were doing, go back to that. You know how it feels when you meet a guy for the first time, you fall in love with Him, and want to spend all your time with Him. You think about him all the time, you write love letters, you think about him, you write him poems, ettc. That is How it is with God. When you are in love with Him you spend time with, you write HIm poems, you think about Him all the time, and just thinking about Him make you smile. But when you distance from God, or go back into the world that desire or flame is put out.

God wants all of you, not part of you. I have experienced this before. When I lose my desire, I monitor what I am doing. Then I relize that I am not giving God the time that I use to give Him. Then I go back to what I was doing and that desire returns. God is the best man in you life that you will ever have, so spend time and give Him all of you before anything else, and watch what God can do in your life. I sure your desire will come back.

Bernie
Feb 22nd 2009, 02:36 PM
I don't understand what you mean by the term "restored".

My understanding is that restoration to perfection is a future event in heaven after we depart this life on earth. Paul said he awaits the crown of righteousness in the future. What sense of "restored" do you mean?

JesusReignsForever
Feb 22nd 2009, 04:58 PM
I don't understand what you mean by the term "restored".

My understanding is that restoration to perfection is a future event in heaven after we depart this life on earth. Paul said he awaits the crown of righteousness in the future. What sense of "restored" do you mean?

Restored- returning to the passion and fire I had in me when I first was saved.

Vhayes
Feb 22nd 2009, 05:03 PM
Restored- returning to the passion and fire I had in me when I first was saved.
I think we all go through a "new born" stage where we are held close and our every need to taken care of. But we grow, as babies grow. The only way to be "happy" and joyous is to grow in the Lord. The more you learn about the Lord, the more you will love Him for what He has done and is doing for you.
V

BroRog
Feb 22nd 2009, 06:11 PM

Thanks!

The first thing that comes to mind is Moses. It seems to me that he grew up hearing all the stories about how God miraculously saved him from destruction so that he might save his people one day. At about 40 years old, he tried to stop an Egyptian and a Hebrew from fighting, but ended up killing the Egyptian. After that initial failure, he worked as a rancher for 40 years. It wasn't until Moses had led sheep for 40 years that he was prepared to lead people.

Another NT example is Timothy, who came to the lord at an early age. Reading between the lines of Paul's two letters, it would seem that Timothy was having second thoughts about his ministry.

Paul, himself, was initially "on fire" for the Lord. But then, as he recounts in Galatians, he spent about 14 years alone until Barnabas came to get him.

Maybe others can think of other Biblical examples.

JesusReignsForever
Feb 23rd 2009, 01:00 AM
The first thing that comes to mind is Moses. It seems to me that he grew up hearing all the stories about how God miraculously saved him from destruction so that he might save his people one day. At about 40 years old, he tried to stop an Egyptian and a Hebrew from fighting, but ended up killing the Egyptian. After that initial failure, he worked as a rancher for 40 years. It wasn't until Moses had led sheep for 40 years that he was prepared to lead people.

Another NT example is Timothy, who came to the lord at an early age. Reading between the lines of Paul's two letters, it would seem that Timothy was having second thoughts about his ministry.

Paul, himself, was initially "on fire" for the Lord. But then, as he recounts in Galatians, he spent about 14 years alone until Barnabas came to get him.

Maybe others can think of other Biblical examples.

thanks those were good examples.