PDA

View Full Version : Anti Christ from a Jewish Mother? Say's who?

Jags~Beach
Nov 21st 2008, 07:53 PM
I am not convinced that the Anti Christ is to come from a Jewish Mother. Convince me...:hmm:

I want to see the biblical evidence stating that such a criteria truly exists.

quiet dove
Nov 21st 2008, 07:55 PM
There are a lot of folks who do not believe the Antichrist will be Jewish but a Gentile, myself included. So I guess I won't be the one trying to convince you. :)

daughter
Nov 21st 2008, 08:22 PM
I've never heard it stated as biblical fact that the AC has to have a Jewish mother. Some folks assume it based on the fact that he will present himself as a Messiah, and for the Jews to accept him he would have to be Jewish. But there have been people like Cyrus, a Gentile King, who were in a sense "annointed" by God to protect the Jewish people, and AC could present himself as one of those.

I think the jury's out on this one. To be honest, I would be more surprised if he were Jewish than if he were a Gentile. The really antiChrist figures in history so far have been Gentiles.

pinky
Nov 21st 2008, 08:48 PM
Hi Jags-beach. :)

I have a question just because I'm not sure if I understand.

Do you think that those who think the AC will be Jewish also claim scripture says he will come from a Jewish mother?

Peace and Love in Christ,
pinky

vinsight4u8
Nov 22nd 2008, 12:36 PM
I believe the ac will come from Iraq. A Babylonian ruler must return and finish the time that Jeremiah's prophecy has them in power.

In Deuteronomy 32 is a prophecy where Moses tells Israel about her last days. It speaks of how God will raise a nation up against her, then God will punish that nation. In the New Testament it also refers to this prophecy as yet future.

Jeremiah 25:11 speaks of a he that has a time of 70 years - then at the start of Daniel 9 - we find Daniel has read this prophecy and begins to supplicate over it. The chapter continues that Gabriel has come due to Daniel's supplications - which means the last part of Daniel 9 must help Daniel to learn more about the Jeremiah 25:11 prophecy. If we look at verse 12,,,,we should see that only a ruler from Chaldea can be in power at the end of that time of Israel serving Babylon for seventy years. This means the ac will come Iraq. No other nation can finish the time left in the Jeremiah 25:11-12 prophecy.

The he that was given 70 years?
a Babylonian king

The land that was given 70 years?
Babylon
Chaldea

The he of the last verse of Daniel 9?
a Babylonian king

Cyrus - nor Jesus - nor anyone else can fufill the prophecy,,,as it has to fit with what Daniel had read in Jeremiah that bugged him greatly.
Daniel wanted to know when the final time of the Jeremiah king will take place.
Gabriel revealed - not till this other stuff all takes place first. Gabriel showed Daniel dealings as to the sanctuary.

It would be rebuilt. The Messiah would come as Prince - the city and the sanctuary would be destroyed -
then a final week -
The week where now Daniel learns more as to the he in Jeremiah's 25:11 desolates Jerusalem for seventy years prophecy.
Daniel 9:27 - till the consummation///
as in - this is the "he" that will finish the Jeremiah propecy

vinsight4u8
Nov 22nd 2008, 12:46 PM
KJV

Deuteronomy 32:20
"And he said, I will hide my face....
6th seal - God shows His face
so the time of God hiding His face is then over

V20
"...I will see what their end [shall be]......
V21
"...I will provoke them to anger with a foolish nation."

Watch now how this prophecy of Moses links up to the New Testament!

God will use a foolish nation against the land of Israel in the end days. The 6th seal brings the end of this time - for God no longer will hide His face from Israel. When God shows His face - people will go hide in the rocks.

Romans 10:19 has - "by a foolish nation I will anger you"

modanufu
Nov 23rd 2008, 05:19 PM
I am not convinced that the Anti Christ is to come from a Jewish Mother. Convince me...:hmm:

I want to see the biblical evidence stating that such a criteria truly exists.

Irenaeus was the first early church father who came with the hypothesis that Antichrist was a Jew. This is inferred from his being a member of the tribe of Dan, Rev. 7. See his book Against Heresies, book 5, ch. XXX.2.

Quote:
And Jeremiah does not merely point out his [= Antichrist's] sudden coming, but he even indicates the tribe from which he shall come, where he says, "We shall hear the voice of his swift horses from Dan; the whole earth shall be moved by the voice of the neighing of his galloping horses: he shall also come and devour the earth, and the fulness thereof, the city also, and they that dwell therein." [Jer. viii. 16] This, too, is the reason that this tribe is not reckoned in the Apocalypse along with those which are saved. [Rev. vii. 5-7]

Dik