PDA

View Full Version : Information Locusts in Revelation?

looking4jesus
Nov 22nd 2008, 05:22 PM
I saw this article on Yahoo and couldn't help but think of the mention of "locusts" in Revelation. I'm not saying that the locusts will be this sort of thing, but it did get my attention. What do you guys think of this? I just find the "insect" part pretty fascinating. :hehee

http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/Micro-...8mavmicrospies (http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/Micro-Aerial-Vehicles/ss/events/sc/112108mavmicrospies)

From the link:

Quote:
This photo, taken from video of computer animation and released by the U.S. Air Force, shows the next generation of drones, called Micro Aerial Vehicles, or MAVs. The MAVs could be as tiny as bumblebees and capable of flying undetected into buildings, where they could photograph, record, and even attack insurgents and terrorists. U.S. military engineers are trying to design flying robots disguised as insects that could one day spy on enemies and conduct dangerous missions without risking lives.
(AP Photo/U.S. Air Force, HO)

God Bless
Randy

daughter
Nov 22nd 2008, 05:33 PM
urgh, argh...

I now have the official heeby jeebies.

Wouldn't it be something if after hundreds of years of thinking they were "metaphorical" it turns out that the description of "locusts" was pretty accurate after all?

As if there aren't enough creepy crawlies in the world, without inventing more.:eek:

looking4jesus
Nov 22nd 2008, 05:43 PM
urgh, argh...

I now have the official heeby jeebies.

Wouldn't it be something if after hundreds of years of thinking they were "metaphorical" it turns out that the description of "locusts" was pretty accurate after all?

As if there aren't enough creepy crawlies in the world, without inventing more.:eek:

Yes after all John of Rev. did the best he could to describe what he saw with his eyes. It had to be very triping for him.
God Bless
Randy

treasureman
Nov 22nd 2008, 06:31 PM
The locusts are metaphorical of course and are Satan's army of fallen angels.
God Bless,
Spiritual Treasureman

looking4jesus
Nov 22nd 2008, 06:46 PM
The locusts are metaphorical of course and are Satan's army of fallen angels.
God Bless,
Spiritual Treasureman

Yes however I am not sure abouy the fallen angels. He could be speaking about the Rephaims these were the product of fallen angels mixing with men.
We know the Bible says they were Giants but we do not know how they looked.
God Bless
Randy