PDA

View Full Version : Father and Son Relationship~

Jamesmason1984
Nov 23rd 2008, 01:18 AM
Me and my Father......really never seem to click from the time i can remember 10 or 11 till now and i'm 24.......my dad was never really loved by his father my mother tells me...so he really didn't no how to be a dad to me and my brother...sure he provided, but it takes more then that,......I have this Hate in my Heart for my Father....and i think he kinda feels the same way about me,....I mean i love him because i have to but it just something about him, and i think he feels the same way about me.....He was verbally abusive of my to my mother he always needed her help for everything......which led to her not really having a life,...and now my Family is down in the dumps because of decisions my Father made.....he's not a christian man, he reads his bible sometimes....but don't go to church.....so i pray god can bring him into the house of the lord and make me and my father closer.

livingwaters
Nov 23rd 2008, 01:25 AM
Read your Bible!!!!! Talk to our Heavenly Father as you are talking to us!!! Ask HIM for wisdom and forgiveness in your heart!! This is the best advice I can give. This little saying, says alot!!!

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn201/cherylhebert/encouragement/encouragement.jpg

God bless:)

IMINXTC
Nov 23rd 2008, 08:52 AM
I can relate. Lifting you up before the Lord for deliverance from any hard feelings you may be wrestling with concerning your father. Praying that, like He did for me, the Lord would give you the words and the means to be a positive witness for your Dad. Especially that your Dad would understand that salvation and church-going are two different things.

Praying that the Lord would speak to your Father's heart and take what he has read in his Bible and apply it to his conscience, that he might, with your example, consider the brevity and emptiness of life without God.

Praying for your Dad's salvation and for you and your Dad's relationship, that it might become something wonderful while there is still time.

As the Lord did for me.

Redneck Charger
Nov 23rd 2008, 01:23 PM
Jesus, Please take care of this father and son.. Please help them reunite.. Please Jesus..:pray:

Frances
Nov 23rd 2008, 04:58 PM
:pray: that you will be willing to forgive your father for all real or imagined pain he has caused. Every time we say the Lord's prayer we ask God to only forgive us as we forgive others - and that includes those who have hurt us in some way . . . .