PDA

View Full Version : A Thanksgiving Devotional

ConqueredbyLove
Nov 24th 2008, 02:32 AM
Thank You, Jesus

~Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:
Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;
Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies~
Psalm 103: 2-4

Thank You, my dearest Jesus, for being my Creator. You created me for Your glory, and You tell me ~I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with loving kindness have I drawn thee~ I have always been the object of Divine love. There has never been a time when I have not been written upon Your heart.

Thank You, dear Jesus that I am always with Thee. Nothing can ever separate me from You. For ~ Whither shall I go from thy spirit? Or whither shall I flee from thy presence? If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.

Thank You that You know me through and through yet You still adore me and call me Your bride. Why even the hairs of my head are numbered. ~Thou hast searched me and known me~. You know the worst about me and yet You still think precious thoughts about me.

Dear Lord, You are my refuge during times of fear, pain or sorrow. You remind me that ~ He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty~ Because I have set my love upon You, therefore you will deliver me: You will set me on high, because I hath known Your name. You tell me that when I call upon You, you will answer me, be with me in trouble, You will deliver me and honor me.

You tell me that I am one of the people of Your pasture and the sheep of Your hand. You are the good Shepherd. ~The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul~ Because You are my Shepherd, ~ Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever. To think that You identify with and call Yourself, Shepherd. Shepherd’s were despised and looked down upon when You walked this earth. You identify Yourself with the despised, rejected, outcasts. I love You for that, my God!

I thank You most of all, my blessed Jesus for dying on the cross for me. The love of Christ…the love of Christ for me. How can I fathom it? You endured such physical torture and agony for me. Your great heart literally broke over the agony of being separated from Your Father. You did that for Father. You did that for me. When they took the spear and thrust it into your side, there came forth blood and water indicating a broken heart, You died from.

Finally, I thank You for Your resurrection! You are alive and you are King of Kings and Lord of Lords! Every knee shall bow to You someday. You are the Sovereign of the universe. You have absolute authority. I safely place my life, my future, my all-in-all into your loving, nail-pierced hand, I bend my knee to my King, and I say thank you, Jesus, thank you, my Lord.

Come and adore Him with me at Godtube...
http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=fa070157861eb890b7a2

Amos_with_goats
Nov 26th 2009, 08:47 PM
A very happy Thanksgiving to You all!

pmiles
Nov 29th 2009, 11:28 PM
What a beautiful praise and honor to our Lord Jesus, the Lord God Himself. And I add to your praise....AMEN!!!!!

bc3n1
Nov 30th 2009, 11:05 AM
Hallelujah!!!! Amen!!!:pp:pp:pp

ivorylamp
Dec 6th 2009, 02:01 PM
Most beautiful Jesus, to you be all glory , honor and praise. We thank You for every blessing and every guidance you bring our way. We especially thank You for Your Saving Grace and Your love so pure for us who were lost.

A Blessed Thanksgiving to all!