PDA

View Full Version : RFID Chipping

EarlyCall
Nov 24th 2008, 05:35 PM
Saw this article on Drudge Today

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081124/ap_on_re_as/as_indonesia_aids_tagging

Apparently they are considering forcing HIV/AIDS infected to be chipped. Not a done deal yet, but that they are even considering this speaks volumes.

Also, someone sent me an email recently, and I forget the source, but they said something about RFID chipping being considered for all Israelis. Has anyone heard anything about this?

SpokenFor
Nov 25th 2008, 02:18 PM
Re the Israeli issue, according to this article, the blogs/emails/etc claiming that are actually circulating a bad translation of the original article, which states that the technology is "available" for those that want it.

http://www.thejerusalemgiftshop.com/israelnews/israel-news/83-israeli-news/443-rfid-chips-to-be-implanted-on-all-israeli-citizens.html

EarlyCall
Nov 25th 2008, 04:55 PM
Appreciate the info on that. I was taking it with a grain of salt. I know it's coming, but that seemed a bit much at this point. Still, it seems foreboding.

danlevans
Nov 26th 2008, 03:07 AM
TECHNOLOGY OVERVIEW
The SOMARK identification system is a chipless radio frequency identification (RFID) platform. Typical RFID systems use a microchip and an antenna embedded in a tag affixed to an object. The SOMARK chipless system eliminates the high-cost microchip and antenna, instead using simply an electronic ink to create the identification ‘tag’. This ink is deposited directly onto or within the object which creates seamless integration of the object and the identification of that object.

SYSTEM COMPONENTS
TATTOO
The ID ‘tag’ or tattoo in the SOMARK system is special ink deposited in a unique barcode pattern. The ink is the same for every tattoo, however the pattern in which the ink is injected under the surface of the skin or on the surface of an object is different for each item to be identified. This unique pattern is what gives each item a different and unique number, just like a fingerprint. In the case of animal ID, this pattern is determined at the factory when ink is placed inside a one-time-use disposable cartridge. In non-animal applications the unique pattern could be made through the use of software combined with a printer filled with SOMARK ink or a print cartridge filled with SOMARK ink. Once the ink is deposited in or on the substrate it will be as permanent as any other ink. In non-tissue applications, such as paper or plastic, the ink can be deposited on or within the material. If the ink is printed onto the surface, the ink will wear just like any other ink that would be used, however in high-wear environments a more permanent mark can be created using SOMARK ink because it can be placed under the surface or on the surface with a protective layer covering and protecting it. This can be done because the ink doesn’t have to be visible to be read. In living tissue the ink is deposited in the dermal layer, which is the same as traditional tattoos. Ink in this layer of skin will remain permanent for the life of the animal, just like any other tattoo.

EarlyCall
Nov 26th 2008, 03:14 AM
Yes, I've heard of this ink but haven't read anything on it. This sounds like a mark doesn't it.

Marc2x
Nov 26th 2008, 05:05 AM
I saw that too.Here are 2 other links about chips.....I put the small descriptions so you know what your about to read........

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5439055/
Microchips implanted in Mexican officials

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A29954-2004Oct13.html
Implantable Medical ID Approved By FDA

tell me what you think............

EarlyCall
Nov 26th 2008, 11:10 AM
I saw that too.Here are 2 other links about chips.....I put the small descriptions so you know what your about to read........

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5439055/
Microchips implanted in Mexican officials

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A29954-2004Oct13.html
Implantable Medical ID Approved By FDA

tell me what you think............

I read a year or more ago about the Mexican officials and security. Also down in Cinci (Ohio) a company there implanted some of their employees though some chose to wear it around their neck.

But the Indonesian story I found to not only be the latest but a bit alarming because it would be by government mandate rather than voluntary. That would be the first move I've seen toward forced chipping, which is the next step of course, but the reasons given will be interesting.

Still, here in the US I expect it to be voluntary and that under different reasons short of some extraordinary situation.

But I've been watching for this now for several years, observing the trends. I've done a little work in RFID three to four years ago and I know the government is pushing this on businesses and big business is pushing this as well. In fact, business has big plans for people. Their plans aren't about control but rather about the bottom line. Still, that will all play a part in the move toward tying this technology in with people and buying and selling.

JesusMySavior
Nov 27th 2008, 02:34 AM
TECHNOLOGY OVERVIEW
The SOMARK identification system is a chipless radio frequency identification (RFID) platform. Typical RFID systems use a microchip and an antenna embedded in a tag affixed to an object. The SOMARK chipless system eliminates the high-cost microchip and antenna, instead using simply an electronic ink to create the identification ‘tag’. This ink is deposited directly onto or within the object which creates seamless integration of the object and the identification of that object.

SYSTEM COMPONENTS
TATTOO
The ID ‘tag’ or tattoo in the SOMARK system is special ink deposited in a unique barcode pattern. The ink is the same for every tattoo, however the pattern in which the ink is injected under the surface of the skin or on the surface of an object is different for each item to be identified. This unique pattern is what gives each item a different and unique number, just like a fingerprint. In the case of animal ID, this pattern is determined at the factory when ink is placed inside a one-time-use disposable cartridge. In non-animal applications the unique pattern could be made through the use of software combined with a printer filled with SOMARK ink or a print cartridge filled with SOMARK ink. Once the ink is deposited in or on the substrate it will be as permanent as any other ink. In non-tissue applications, such as paper or plastic, the ink can be deposited on or within the material. If the ink is printed onto the surface, the ink will wear just like any other ink that would be used, however in high-wear environments a more permanent mark can be created using SOMARK ink because it can be placed under the surface or on the surface with a protective layer covering and protecting it. This can be done because the ink doesn’t have to be visible to be read. In living tissue the ink is deposited in the dermal layer, which is the same as traditional tattoos. Ink in this layer of skin will remain permanent for the life of the animal, just like any other tattoo.

:eek:

....freaky.

angel_fire
Nov 27th 2008, 02:51 AM
put a $20 in the micro wave and watch the eye blow, it has a chip in it as well that can be traced back to where ever its been. Dont know how it works.:o

quiet dove
Nov 27th 2008, 03:01 AM
put a $20 in the micro wave and watch the eye blow, it has a chip in it as well that can be traced back to where ever its been. Dont know how it works.:o

Will that tear up the micro wave?

angel_fire
Nov 27th 2008, 03:19 AM
Will that tear up the micro wave?
No, it just blows the eyeball up, a tiny flash!!!! No more chip. Although I have not did it, I saw it on utube. Thought it was cooo.