PDA

View Full Version : Continuing Prayers for Marriage

thekels9
Nov 24th 2008, 11:12 PM
Hello everyone! For those that are keeping up with my marriage, I met with my husband this weekend. Things went very well, and the Lord showed me some areas to pray for him in. My husband even felt comfortable enough for us to spend time with his family, and his family all received me back joyfully.

I know going from that "single" mentality to married mentality is not going to be easy for him. I have not really heard from him today. I know he has to make the decision for himself of what he wants, and I have to be patient with that. It's really hard though, as you can probably understand.

I know he has been sleeping a lot (this weekend and today). It may sound like an excuse to some, but like a friend pointed out, he is probably emotionally exhausted from the things he's been through in the last 4 months. I have to think that after the prodigal son came home and they had a feast for him, he probably slept for a good long while after that as well.

I want us to be happy again and act like a couple and all of that. And I know that is a lot to ask right now. I MUST have patience in this. God has shown me the work of his hands to this point, now I just have to keep on being faithful.

So please pray that God will continue to work on his heart, and he will be mindful and open to truly coming back. And that I won't lose my patience.

Thank you all.

karenoka27
Nov 24th 2008, 11:14 PM
Father, thank You so much for the time they spent together. Lord, please give her husband the rest his body and mind need at this time. Strengthen him to come back and be the husband you have called him to be.
Lord, thank You.
In Jesus Name,amen

catlover
Nov 25th 2008, 12:22 AM
Father, I pray that this marriage be healed and each person is guided in the way to strengthen each other and put you first. In Jesus name,

Redneck Charger
Nov 25th 2008, 04:02 AM
Please Jesus keep a watchful eye over this relationship..and please guide them down the path you have chosen... Please Jesus..:pray:

Frances
Nov 25th 2008, 04:56 PM
:pray: for you both - for Healing . . . .etc.

IMINXTC
Nov 25th 2008, 05:05 PM
Continuing to lift you both up to the Lord for the reconciliation and success of your marriage. Its very thrilling to know that things are progressing so well. Praying for you as well, and giving thanks for your being there, in prayer and counsel, for your husband.

Praying for his emotional and sprititual well-being, and praying for wisdom for you, as well, that you may be in a position to support and encourage him at all times, even when things are hard to decipher.