PDA

View Full Version : The prophecy verses as to Tyre in Lebanon.

vinsight4u8
Nov 25th 2008, 12:22 PM
Why? Because she is the city of mystery, Babylon for Rev. 17.

Rev. 18 is about the land of where ancient Babylon was///Iraq.

Rev. 19 - begins a new story of events in order - beginning with salvation - -so time for the rapture of the church - and also shows us that this is when the city of mystery, Babylon falls.

mystery, Babylon has her name on her harlot forehead
Why is that? Because it shows that she is a city that refused to be ashamed for her sin.

Look at Isaiah 23:15 and you find that God is letting Tyre continue - till a certain time of years come to pass - as to one king. This means that till this other prophecy comes to pass - Isaiah 23:15 and on sits waiting. Tyre sits and sits and sits waiting for her harlot self to get buned with fire in the end days.

Once Tyre falls - Jeremiah has let this be a warning signal to the regular Babylon on the Euphrates River that she will too soon go down.

"your mother shall be sore confounded"

Written to let Babylon on the Euphrates River know to watch for the time of her mother to go down - then know that she too won't escape for the blood she has spilled.

Jeremiah 51:49
"As Babylon hath caused the slain....so at Babylon shall fall..."

RevLogos
Nov 25th 2008, 07:55 PM
Tyre and Sidon also get singled out inm Joel:

Joe 3:1 "In those days and at that time, when I restore the fortunes of Judah and Jerusalem,
Joe 3:2 I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will enter into judgment against them concerning my inheritance, my people Israel, for they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.
Joe 3:3 They cast lots for my people and traded boys for prostitutes; they sold girls for wine that they might drink.
Joe 3:4 "Now what have you against me, O Tyre and Sidon and all you regions of Philistia? Are you repaying me for something I have done? If you are paying me back, I will swiftly and speedily return on your own heads what you have done.

Tyre and Sidon still exist of course, in Lebanon and are controlled by Hizballah. Hizballah has been rearming since the 06 war and will soon again be at war with Israel. I don't see either city playing a greater role than that.

Veretax
Dec 1st 2008, 01:09 PM
Didn't Tyre and Sidon both get beaten pretty badly by Alexander the Great's army? I always thought those particular prophecies had already been fulfilled. (Which is not to say that History might not repeat itself I suppose)