PDA

View Full Version : Pray for me.

Ishmael
Nov 26th 2008, 05:35 AM
Ok, so the past like 4 years of my life have been honestly, TOTALLY wasted. I've been in and out of jail, unemployed, and under-educated. I fell away from Christ and I paid a heavy price for it. Mental illness runs in my family, and I feel sometimes that I have no choice but to be the way that I am. I know that isn't true though, because my father was able to overcome so much of his paranoia/schitzophrenia with help from the Lord. My dad's life was a living testimony to me. He died of lung cancer when I was 14, and I miss him so much. I feel like I have failed my family and my father and everyone in my life by my actions. I wish I could just start my life over but I know that can't happen so I try to grow stronger day by day....

IMINXTC
Nov 26th 2008, 03:05 PM
Lifting you up before the Lord, Ishmael! Praying that our Lord will give you new direction and new hope in your walk.

Praying that through His leading, you will find yourself rooted more and more in the word and in fellowship, and that you will soon discover your much needed gifts and place in His plan.

walked
Nov 26th 2008, 04:06 PM
God bless you, day by day is how God wants us to grow.
I will be praying for you and with you too. :hug:

Frances
Nov 26th 2008, 04:50 PM
:pray: that you experience the Forgiveness God gives each of us whose repentance and trust in Jesus is heartfelt - as I have/do - however long we are out of step with Him, and trusting Him to Bless you with His Peace, now and always.

thehopefulcry2
Nov 26th 2008, 05:57 PM
Jesus,
Draw this child near to you Father, Keep them safe and sound. Let them feel your love and light. Lord all things are possible through you! I pray that you heal any mental illness that may be present and keep Ishmael in your glory. Bless them Lord, Bless them with everything your glory can bring. You are amazing and I fall down before you asking all this in your name, Amen.

Ephesians 2:13
“But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ.”

Isaiah 45:22
Turn to me and be saved,
all you ends of the earth;
for I am God, and there is no other.

2 Chronicles 7:14
If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

livingwaters
Nov 26th 2008, 06:38 PM
Ishmael, just know that we are praying for you!!! :pray::pray: Corporate prayer is very, very powerful!! Go to the altar and rededicate your life to Christ!!! "If God be for you, who can be against you!!" "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!!" "HE that is in you, is greater than he that is in the world!!!" Now, I could go on, and on, and on about how God transforms lives, hearts, circumstances, but, you can find all of HIS promises in HIS powerful Word, the Bible.

If your dad's life represented his walk with the Lord, then you know it's possible...You must surrender all to God!!! Let HIM do the work, that only HE can do...when you put HIS "super" with our "natural," nothing is impossible...

Just know, HE is waiting on you to humble yourself and surrender to HIS Will!!!! Find yourself a good Bible-based church and start attending regularly...Christian fellowship is an awesome thing...The Bible tells us "not to forsake assembly!!"

God Bless You!:hug:

MercyChild
Nov 26th 2008, 06:46 PM
:hug:Ishmeal I am surely praying for you. Just remember that God is always with you. He will protect and guide you in every way if you trust and keep on believing in Him. Just hang on to your faith dear one, no matter how hard life seems to be. Sometimes God allows hardship to come our way, in order for us to hear Him speaking. He is reaching for you, and He will never fail you. :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

Ta-An
Nov 26th 2008, 07:45 PM
Ishmael, is this your name given to you at birth??

jsph110
Nov 26th 2008, 08:59 PM
A similar thing happened to me Ishmael. I fell away from Christ for many years and guess what? When i came back to Christ (thanks to pastor's and mum's prayers). then one day i fasted for 3 days and on the 3rd day, God told me that 11 means the number of years i have run away from him. For those 11 years, i accomplished nothing. all of them a waste. Every curse in Deut. 28 was happening to me. I went to university overseas and wasted $117,000 taking and failing classes. Then The Lord, told me through a prophetess when she was praying for me that He said He would return all the years that the enemy has taken from me. I don't know how she knew I had wasted years of my life. Then this verse came to me.

Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing... I will even make a way in the desert... Isa 43:18

It is better not to have known Christ that to know Him and turn away from him. Everyone my age I went to school with is now working and they are living happily. I had to ask God to take the jealousy i have toward them. Even all the girls i dated left me when i fell in love with them, same thing i did to God.

But God is merciful, come to Him through Christ and he will fight your mental problems as he did for your father. nothing is impossible.

Sorry mods for writing in this post which is only meant for prayer but i felt impressed to tell Ishmael that "TIME WASTED WILL NEVER BE RECOVERED"

Welcome back to the kingdom. I pray that you never make the mistakes you made. May Christ keep you from falling again and present you blameless before the throne of His Father.

Ishmael
Nov 26th 2008, 09:28 PM
Thank you all for the kind response and prayers, it means a lot :)

Ishmael, is this your name given to you at birth??

No, it's just the screen name I picked. :pp

Ashley274
Nov 27th 2008, 06:17 AM
I am praying for you and please do not think your life was wasted..... you see you were learning things that are bringing you closer to God......Mental illness is an illness and you are not responsible for SOME things ......KNOW YOU are in my prayers :pray::pray::pray:

Redneck Charger
Nov 27th 2008, 03:27 PM
Jesus please help Ishmael with his life.. He wants to straighten himself out.. But he needs your help.. Please Jesus help him.. Please keep a watchful eye over him..:pray:

matthew7and1
Nov 30th 2008, 05:36 AM
I know that God has used you even during these past four years. For God is the potter and we are the clay.
I have faith in that the fact that you are looking for a renewal of Christ in your life and that you aspire to be all that God would have you be is pleasing to your father and as well as to your heavenly father.
I pray that you are able to be pliable for whatever God is molding you into and that you will walk stronly in the knowledge that our Lord has been using you and continues to use you for His glory. There is no greater rejoice in heaven then for the prodigal son. So take your place in your fathers house and we will all feast! In prayer, in spirit, welcome home! May God bless you thouroghly and provide you with increase your life.

Diggindeeper
Nov 30th 2008, 06:18 AM
Ishmael, please know that i am praying for you. I promise.

Your life will take time to build, the way God has planned for you, so I'm praying that He gives you patience and longsuffering, to meet the goals He has in store for you! NEVER GIVE UP! Take classes, job training, or whatever door He opens. ANYTHING IN LIFE WORTH HAVING IS WORTH SACRIFICING TO HAVE!

And Ishmael, I'm praying the Lord gives you a new user name. You don't deserve to be an Ishmael. Ishmael was not the Promised Seed. I see too much promise in you for you to keep that name. When the Lord gives you a new name, the Mods can change that for you! Just drop them a note in Chat to Mods. They'll be happy to do that for you, I'm sure.

Go for a new life in Christ Jesus, my new friend!