PDA

View Full Version : My friend who needs Christ but denys him

Jolie76
Nov 29th 2008, 02:35 AM
I have a dear friend who is wonderful and caring and a all around good person. She does not believe in god or jesus or anything, she has grown up in a very very dark world. No friends growing up in high school or grammar school, has been made fun of her whole life because of her weight, her mother died two years ago and her dad is on his way out now with a very sick illness.

I have tried to gently speak to her about God when he puts the thoughts in my head and she is gracious and will listen and won't be defensive but the girl has a heart of stone when it comes to god. She doesn't believe in him, has no interest in learning and says its all psychologial that we believe in him, that we make ourselves feel better not god.

She said the world is a random draw for some there lucky and others there not, she thinks there is no life after death you die and thats it. I feel very strongly I'm suppose to help her but don't know any other way. You can't force someone to believe in something you don't and I don't want her to get annoyed with me, she's a long time friend.

What should I do?

livingwaters
Nov 29th 2008, 02:50 AM
Jolie, it's wonderful that she has a Christian friend like you...it is very difficult for us as Christians to witness to those we love and they still don't get it or refuse to give up their "world" to accept Christ. But, the Word tells us that we are responsible to tell others about Jesus and HIS Gospel...and the Word also tells us that we can't save anyone...only God can do that. The Word also tells us that God can and does change hearts!!! So, just keep up your witness...invite her to church...invite some of your Christian friends over and her, as well...let your "light," the HOLY SPIRIT, shine through and it could be the deciding factor for your friend's choice in accepting Christ or not...the HOLY SPIRIT, also has the power to convict...so, hang in there, and keep working for JESUS...Alleluia!!!:pp:hug::saint:

IMINXTC
Nov 29th 2008, 02:51 AM
Lifting up your friend before the Lord, that she would be surrounded by witnesses for Christ and that the words you speak in love to her would remain on her heart. Praying for the conviction of the Holy Spirit that she would be led to the cross and the saving knowledge of Christ.

Paying for you as well, Jolie, that the Lord will continue to place her on your heart and give you the words she needs to hear.

jsph110
Nov 29th 2008, 04:07 AM
standing in agreement with you in prayer and asking God that He will open your friend's eyes, in Jesus' name. ty Jesus. it will happen gradually or instantly but help us to trust in your timing. do this for my friends who don't know you. in Jesus name. ty.

AndrewBaptistFL
Nov 29th 2008, 04:11 AM
I am praying for your friend. Praise God that you are there to witness!!!!

walked
Nov 29th 2008, 04:41 AM
Praying with you for your friend.

Jolie76
Nov 29th 2008, 05:10 AM
Thanks guys,
I find it disturbing that it says even in the bible there will be those whose heart get's to hardened and never turn to god. He gives up at that stage. I hope its not to late for her.

matthew7and1
Nov 29th 2008, 06:55 AM
PRAY. PRAY. PRAY. PRAY.
That's the answer. Simple, effective, prayer.

Ashley274
Nov 29th 2008, 07:45 AM
Praying for your friend...my friend Scott is in the same kinda situation and all I can do is...pray pray and pray

I am praying for your friend too :hug::pray:

Redneck Charger
Nov 29th 2008, 11:06 AM
Praying for you and your friend.. Please Jesus I ask you to show Jolie's friend you are real as you showed me a year ago.. Please Jesus..:pray: