PDA

View Full Version : Prayer needed for my grandparents

AndrewBaptistFL
Nov 29th 2008, 04:25 AM
Hello friends, please pray for my grandparents. They are getting quite old and due to certain afflictions, their minds are going. When I called them on Thanksgiving my grandmother did not know who I was, or where she was and my grandfather was quite quip (probably from the stress of seeing his wife forget everything and noticing what was happening to him). Please pray that God's will be done whatever it is, and for him to ease the suffering of my grandparents.

walked
Nov 29th 2008, 04:33 AM
Praying with you... also asking for God blessing on you along with your grandparents.

Redneck Charger
Nov 29th 2008, 11:09 AM
Praying for you and with you for your Grand Parents.. Please Jesus hear my prayers for these Grand Parents..and for all who are growing old.. Please Jesus hear my prayers..:pray:

IMINXTC
Nov 29th 2008, 04:11 PM
Lifting your grandparents before the Lord, in these, their fragile years, for their safety and wellbeing. Praying that their spiritual needs will be met, as our Lord's loving hand tends to their earthly condition.

Thanking our Lord for the children and grandchildren who will be there for them in these difficult times. Praying for your Gram's memory and recollection and your Grandfather's peace of mind.

Frances
Nov 29th 2008, 05:30 PM
:pray: . . . . .

AndrewBaptistFL
Nov 30th 2008, 03:10 PM
Keeping you guys updated:
My grandmother got put in a home for Alzheimer's patients. Itís actually more like a resort but she wants to go home and is constantly packing her things. My grandfather is really upset about having to do that but he was unable to take care of her as his condition is not superb either.
I wrote my grandmother a letter, but my mother and aunt say I should hold off on visiting her until she getís adjusted, since she hasnít been there a full day yet.
Please keep praying that God comforts them. I can only imagine how much stress they are under after being married and living together sixty-one years and now be separated.

Thank you all so much for your continued prayer.

Vhayes
Nov 30th 2008, 05:08 PM
I'll hold you up in prayer, Andrew - all of you. This would be incredibly difficult to go through for each of you. My heart goes out to you.
V

IMINXTC
Nov 30th 2008, 07:46 PM
We will continue to keep your Grandprarents lifted up before the Lord. Thanking the Lord that your Gram will be much safer, in her condition, in that protected environment, and praying that your Grandfather will adjust to the absence of his wife.

karenoka27
Nov 30th 2008, 08:26 PM
Father, I bring Andrew's grandmother before You. She is more confused than ever right now in unfamiliar surroundings. Lord I ask that a very kind nurse and aid would show affection towards her and help her to be comfortable.
Lord I ask that You be with Andrew's grandfather as he adjusts to life without her by his side. They have been together for so long. Lord I pray that You would put peace in their heart and that they would find comfort in trusting in You.
In Jesus Name, amen

(andrew, I worked in activities in a nursing home for some years. If there is anything I can do to encourage you, please know that I am here. You can pm me anytime.:hug:)

livingwaters
Nov 30th 2008, 11:19 PM
Andrew, just know that I am :pray::pray:praying for you and your grandparents!!!! It is so wonderful to "feel" your concern through your posts for your grandparents...Those are two special gifts from the Lord...love and compassion...I pray for the Lord to give me more love and compassion for others each day, as only HE can do!!!!

Just pray, pray, pray....God does hear and answer prayer...In agreement with Karen, may the Lord show favor, in abundance, on your grandmother as for as the people who work at the facility she's in...Father God, let them be merciful, compassion, considerate, and loving~~~~:hug:

God Bless:saint:

Ashley274
Dec 1st 2008, 02:28 AM
Andrew I am sad just reading this so I can't imagine how sad you must be and grandpa...I will keep you all in my prayers :hug:

AndrewBaptistFL
Dec 1st 2008, 02:32 AM
Thank you everyone for your continued support. I am very thankful that God allowed me to learn so much from my grandparents, they really are wonderful people.