PDA

View Full Version : young rabbi and wife killed in India leaving toddler behind

Toymom
Nov 29th 2008, 02:36 PM
This is so sad:cry::cry::cry:
I am sure there are other articles you can put here as well, but here is an e-mail I received about it from a local Chabad.
As you read the article, keep in mind that it is written by Hassidic Jews - those who are very Orthodox and who are eagerly awaiting the Messiah (who they do not believe was Jesus). They love the Lord and I do pray that they will one day see that the Messiah has indeed come.
Please pray for this little boy and all those who have been affected by this tragic murder.

Dear Friends, In shock, we join more than 3000 Chabad Centers and world Jewry in mourning the tragic and senseless murder of our friends and colleagues, Rabbi Gavriel Holtzberg and his wife, Rivkah, Chabad emissaries to Mumbai, India, along with other Jewish hostages and innocent people (may Hashem avenge their blood!)

Our emotions are raw and numb and we don't really have any words to describe our feelings. The only thing which comes to mind is, let's fight terror by increasing in our good deeds. Let's just do extra acts of kindness, let's do extra mitzvos.

Light Shabbat candles, study torah, give charity, say a prayer...whatever. Let us become just a little better for the memory of Gavriel, Rivkah, and the other terrorist victims.

To support their orphaned toddler, go to www.chabadindia.org (http://www.chabadindia.org/) For more information about this selfless, young couple please click here http://www.chabadplano.org/news/article_cdo/aid/773691 May G-d watch over us, and may we merit the end of all our pain and suffering with the arrival of Moshiach, NOW!!
Being that is so close to Shabbat, may we suggest that women and girls light Shabbat candles this Friday evening in their memory and add a prayer for their son Moshe who will turn two on Sunday as an orphan.

moonglow
Nov 29th 2008, 03:18 PM
I am praying for this boy and pray a kind loving relative will take him in. Poor baby...he is too young to understand...:cry:

God bless

IMINXTC
Nov 29th 2008, 04:05 PM
Praying for this child, that he would be taken up and amply cared for. Praying that these things would work together for his eventual coming to the saving knowledge of Christ.

Vhayes
Nov 29th 2008, 04:54 PM
What a dreadfully sad event. I will lift this child up, as well as any other family members who may be left with such grief.

Thank you, Toymom, for bringing this to my attention.
V

Frances
Nov 29th 2008, 05:41 PM
:pray: that Moshe will learn to Forgive his parent's murderers, and will accept Jesus Christ as His Lord. . . .

jsph110
Nov 30th 2008, 07:01 AM
joining you in your prayers. in Jesus' name. ty.

Redneck Charger
Nov 30th 2008, 01:13 PM
I am praying for all who sufferd and those lost in this horrible inncident.. Please Jesus take care of them all who suffered..and please take very very good care of this little boy.. Please Jesus..:pray:

Ashley274
Dec 2nd 2008, 05:11 AM
Breaks my heart and indeed I am praying