PDA

View Full Version : Prayer for my just born son

Bruenor
Nov 29th 2008, 03:33 PM
Hello everyone.

This has been quite a week. My wife went into labor very early Monday morning, five weeks early. My son was born on Nov. 24 at 9:21 am via C-Section. His vitals weren't handling the contractions, so we had to go the surgery route.

We've known for a while that my son has a diaphragmatic hernia. I started a post weeks ago about it here (http://bibleforums.org/showthread.php?t=147535).

On Tuesday, they decided to put him on the ECMO machine at St. Vincent's children's hospital. It kind of acts like a heart/lung bypass machine, because it takes his blood out, oxygenates it and removes anything they have to, and puts it back in his body. He's been doing well on that machine now for going on four days.

We're very hopeful that he will pull through this. He has a number of surgeries ahead of him, and will be in the hospital for a while, but for right now he's hanging in there.

Last Sunday, the day before my wife went into labor, we talked to the family pastor at the church that we started going to recently. When we told him about our son's medical condition, he said that he got a chill. There's a family that went through this same thing five years ago, and the little girl survived. She's kind of the church's miricle baby, because she was in very bad shape when she was born, and had to be in the hospital for seven months. Later that morning, we were introduced to the mom by the pastor, and started talking to her. After a minute, her little girl Kestin came running up, and I got a chill. I reconigzed the girl, because she was featured in a magazine article at the hospital. I read it while waiting to talk to the surgeon a couple of months ago, and that article gave me a lot of hope. Once again, this is just another reason why God wants us at this church.

My wife and I have never been baptizied. We're going to talk to the pastor about it this Sunday.

If anyone wants to see some picutres of our son, we've set up a page at a website called CaringBridge (http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/alexfortriede). My wife is posting a journal there for friends and family to read, and you can also post messages to us.

I would just like to ask everyone to keep us in your prayers. I will leave mine here.

Lord,
Thank you for the blessing of my son Alex. He is a miricle child, and has already done more for me than I thought possible. He's made me a better husband, a better man, and most importantly has brought me to you. Thank you Lord for this blessing.
Lord, I ask that you place your healing touch on my son so that he can grow strong. Please give him strength so he can make it through these weeks in intensive care, and so he can be strong for the surgeries that he will have.
Lord, thank you for the comfort and the strength that you have given Jill and I. We know that You are here for us through all of us.

In Jesus's name we pray, Amen.

moonglow
Nov 29th 2008, 03:41 PM
Awww poor little guy! I will be keeping him in my prayers!

And praying for you and your wife also that the Lord uplifts you, encourages you and gives you the strength to get through this time...

God bless

MercyChild
Nov 29th 2008, 03:46 PM
Lord I pray for little baby Alex. Only You know what You have instore for him. I pray that you will touch this little one, as Your Word says that children are a gift of God.
I also pray for the parents, for strenght and support. Let them know that You are there in every sittuation. Comfort them and give them the peace they deserve.

I pray Father that Your will be done in this familys life. And that they will testify for what You have done!:hug:

karenoka27
Nov 29th 2008, 03:47 PM
Father, You were there when Alex was being created in the womb. You know every detail of his being. Lord, I ask that Alex be able to live a long life that he may grow to know You and Your Son Jesus Christ, and give his precious life as a testimony to Your greatness.
Thank You Father. It's in You and You alone we trust.
In Jesus Name, amen

IMINXTC
Nov 29th 2008, 04:01 PM
Keeping Alex in watchful prayer, for his development and growth and eventual victory over these complications. Praying for you and your wife, for all that you've been through, that your prayers and hopes for Alex be fulfilled.

JoyNoize
Nov 29th 2008, 04:32 PM
Praying for Alex and you and your wife. :pray::pray::pray:

Frances
Nov 29th 2008, 05:37 PM
:pray: that Alex will be Healed and will grow into a strong witness for Christ, and that you and your wife experience the Lord's Peace through all the difficulties ahead.

livingwaters
Nov 29th 2008, 06:10 PM
Lord, thank you for caring for this family and giving them the strength they need, as they need it...Only YOU, Father, are capable of performing miracles, so we are asking that YOU see fit to send one to baby Alex and his family...and it will be for YOUR Glory, Lord!! Let them feel YOUR presence at all times...Keep YOUR hands on them and all the health care people they come into contact with...I thank YOU, Father, for hearing my prayers..I pray all these things in Jesus' name..:):pray:

walked
Nov 29th 2008, 06:11 PM
Praying with you, and thanking God for Alex.

God bless you and yours sir.

CoffeeCat
Nov 29th 2008, 07:52 PM
Praying with you for your family and for Alex! :pray:

Elouise
Nov 29th 2008, 10:10 PM
Congratulations on the birth of your much loved and very wanted son; so sorry he needs ECMO and you cannot give him a cuddle yet.

Praying that God continues to hold you all safe in his hands and that his healing touch blesses Alex.

Jolie76
Nov 30th 2008, 12:29 AM
I'm sorry to hear your going through this. I pray that God looks after your whole family and heals your son.

God Bless

matthew7and1
Nov 30th 2008, 06:49 AM
Praying for you all... He is a beautiful boy!

Redneck Charger
Nov 30th 2008, 01:22 PM
Praying for Baby Alex.. Please Jesus take care of him..:pray:

Ashley274
Dec 1st 2008, 02:32 AM
Still praying for Alex .....:pray::pray::pray:

Bruenor
Dec 2nd 2008, 11:17 AM
Thanks everyone for all the prayers. Little Alex is hanging in there. Here's just about eight days old right now, and it's a miracle that he's made it this far. I just thank God at every chance I get that he gave me this wonderful son, and also ask him all the time to give my son strength and heal him.

Thanks again.

Bruenor
Dec 2nd 2008, 07:12 PM
I wanted to give everyone a quick update. Alex is doing well right now, and they are hoping to do surgery tomorrow to fix his diaphram. This will also give his lungs the chance to expand and grow. Thanks everyone for keeping us in your prayers.

Jason

moonglow
Dec 2nd 2008, 07:16 PM
Ok great! Thanks for the update and I will be praying things go well in surgery tomorrow for him!

God bless

IMINXTC
Dec 2nd 2008, 07:17 PM
Really great to know Alex is doing well! Will be keeping him before the Lord for his surgery and his continuing growth and strength. Praying for Mom and Dad for comfort and strength during this trying time.

Elouise
Dec 3rd 2008, 01:04 PM
Still praying for you all.

ECMO is pretty tough going. Alex must be one feisty little lad.
I hope the surgery goes well and may God hold you and your wife as He guides the surgeons hands.

karenoka27
Dec 3rd 2008, 03:59 PM
Father, be with the doctors hands as they work on this precious little body. Lord give the doctors wisdom in all that they do with Alex.
Father, fill the parent's hearts with the peace that only comes from You.
Thank You that we can trust that though the parent's can't be be the Alex's side as he goes through this surgery, You are there. Nothing is happening without Your knowledge. Thank You.
In Jesus Name,amen

Bruenor
Dec 4th 2008, 01:44 AM
Great news! Alex's surgery today went great. The hole was a little larger than they thought, so they had to put in a patch to close is, but the surgery was a success. Now we get to wait and see how quickly he can recover.

Thank you everyone for your prayers.

IMINXTC
Dec 4th 2008, 01:55 AM
Great news, indeed! Still praying:)

Elouise
Dec 5th 2008, 02:02 PM
Well done Alex.
Thanks be to God.

Still praying for you all.

matthew7and1
Dec 6th 2008, 06:44 PM
:pray::pray::pray:
how is your son? i am still praying......
:pray::pray::pray: