PDA

View Full Version : Deception.

mdo757
Nov 30th 2008, 02:25 PM
Deception
To free one's self of deception, a person needs to be honest with themselves. It also helps to be well studied. For example, Yahshua gave us three words, through which deceptions would come to deceive the very Elect of God. Those words are "Father," "Master," and "Rabbi." These are like three frogs going throughout the world to deceive.

Jude 1:4. Because you are unaware that certain men have sneeked in, who are of a ancient order to their condemnation, these ungodly men turn the grace of our God into immorality, and deny that the only God is Yahwah, or that our lord Yahshua is the Messiah.
5. I will remined you although you once knew this, how Yahwah, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that did not believe.
6. Those messengers did not keep their first estate, and they were removed from their place, and He has reserved for them everlasting chains of darkness for that great day of judgment.

I am a Judaeo Christian

I do not believe in Angels, Evolution, Hell, Trinitarism, or Sunday Sabbath.

A Jew is a convert to Judaism and the Hebrews are a race of people.

Contrary to popular belief, Jews are not a race, but a assembly of peoples.
They are the congregation of Zion. And that is according to scripture and history.
A Hebrew may or may not be a Jew.

Truth is made known by the reason of the facts.

bennie
Nov 30th 2008, 03:49 PM
Deception
To free one's self of deception, a person needs to be honest with themselves. It also helps to be well studied. For example, Yahshua gave us three words, through which deceptions would come to deceive the very Elect of God. Those words are "Father," "Master," and "Rabbi." These are like three frogs going throughout the world to deceive.

Jude 1:4. Because you are unaware that certain men have sneeked in, who are of a ancient order to their condemnation, these ungodly men turn the grace of our God into immorality, and deny that the only God is Yahwah, or that our lord Yahshua is the Messiah.
5. I will remined you although you once knew this, how Yahwah, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that did not believe.
6. Those messengers did not keep their first estate, and they were removed from their place, and He has reserved for them everlasting chains of darkness for that great day of judgment.

I am a Judaeo Christian

I do not believe in Angels, Evolution, Hell, Trinitarism, or Sunday Sabbath.

A Jew is a convert to Judaism and the Hebrews are a race of people.

Contrary to popular belief, Jews are not a race, but a assembly of peoples.
They are the congregation of Zion. And that is according to scripture and history.
A Hebrew may or may not be a Jew.

Truth is made known by the reason of the facts.

hi

so, who is Michael the chief arcangel and gabriel?

bennie

mdo757
Nov 30th 2008, 06:01 PM
hi

bennieSee: Seraphim, Cherubim, and the Living Beings.
Translated the word Archangel means "Cheif Messenger."

mdo757
Nov 30th 2008, 06:18 PM
hi

bennie Revelation 12:7. And there was war in heaven; Michael and his messengers fought against the dragon; and the dragon and his messengers fought back,
8. But they did not prevail; neither was their any place for them in heaven.
9. And that great dragon was thrown out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, he deceives the whole world; he was thrown down to the ground, along with his messengers; and they were thrown out with him.
Luke 17:20. Once, having been asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, "The kingdom of God does not come with your careful observation, 21nor will people say, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is,' because the kingdom of God is among you."

bennie
Nov 30th 2008, 07:07 PM
Revelation 12:7. And there was war in heaven; Michael and his messengers fought against the dragon; and the dragon and his messengers fought back,
8. But they did not prevail; neither was their any place for them in heaven.
9. And that great dragon was thrown out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, he deceives the whole world; he was thrown down to the ground, along with his messengers; and they were thrown out with him.
Luke 17:20. Once, having been asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, "The kingdom of God does not come with your careful observation, 21nor will people say, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is,' because the kingdom of God is among you."

so all of Gods Angels is actualy messengers. with wings?

bennie

mdo757
Nov 30th 2008, 07:17 PM
so all of Gods Angels is actualy messengers. with wings?

bennie Wings are symbolic of status and are only seen in dreams and visions , and given as a parable.

bennie
Nov 30th 2008, 08:28 PM
Wings are symbolic of status and are only seen in dreams and visions , and given as a parable.

scripture for this?

bennie

Amos_with_goats
Nov 30th 2008, 09:57 PM
Deception
To free one's self of deception, a person needs to be honest with themselves.......

Proverbs 29:23 (King James Version)

23A man's pride shall bring him low: but honour shall uphold the humble in spirit.

I believe one of the most important parts of avoiding deception is an understanding of just how little we know, and just how poorly we are equipped (of ourselves) to avoid being deceived.

As soon as we think we know something, we are protected from the Holy Spirits efforts to expose the deception.

Several years ago I thought I knew what scripture said about the Lord's return. I was challenged by a sermon to examine my beliefs and I struggled. When I honestly surrendered, I was amazed to learn what scripture clearly said... and not just about that issue but many.

Proverbs 13:10 (King James Version)

10Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom.

I have seen people argue a point on the internet for hours, even days and longer... only to later switch sides of the issue later. If we were a little less sure of ourselves and a little more dependent upon scripture I think we would do better.

Lord may it be so for us all, beginning with me. :pray:

mdo757
Nov 30th 2008, 10:20 PM
scripture for this?

bennie Bennie, I made a post at this forum for you to read. See: Seraphim, Cherubim, and the Living Beings.
A common messenger has two wings, the Cherubim (Highest Guardian Being) who have four wings here on earth later have six wings in the Kingdom of God. The Seraphim, Cherubim, and the Living Beings are all the same persons.

mdo757
Dec 2nd 2008, 03:36 AM

23A man's pride shall bring him low: but honour shall uphold the humble in spirit.

I believe one of the most important parts of avoiding deception is an understanding of just how little we know, and just how poorly we are equipped (of ourselves) to avoid being deceived.

As soon as we think we know something, we are protected from the Holy Spirits efforts to expose the deception.

Several years ago I thought I knew what scripture said about the Lord's return. I was challenged by a sermon to examine my beliefs and I struggled. When I honestly surrendered, I was amazed to learn what scripture clearly said... and not just about that issue but many.

I have seen people argue a point on the internet for hours, even days and longer... only to later switch sides of the issue later. If we were a little less sure of ourselves and a little more dependent upon scripture I think we would do better.

. I would have answered you sooner, but am not sure what your implying. There is a lot more scripture to back up that claim. I presume that I did not get many replies because most everyone has many thousands of hours into their studies like I do. And so it is a forgone conclusion.

Amos_with_goats
Dec 2nd 2008, 04:01 AM
I would have answered you sooner, but am not sure what your implying. There is a lot more scripture to back up that claim. I presume that I did not get many replies because most everyone has many thousands of hours into their studies like I do. And so it is a forgone conclusion.

Your OP was about deception. I pointed to pride as the vulnerability.

Yes, there are more scriptures to say so, I did not think they all needed to be listed.... are you saying they do>?

Do you dispute that pride makes one vulnerable to deception?

I am not sure what to make of this statement;

I presume that I did not get many replies because most everyone has many thousands of hours into their studies like I do.

Was it an insult that I am too dense to understand, or were you just trying to establish your credibility? :confused

mdo757
Dec 2nd 2008, 04:11 AM
Your OP was about deception. I pointed to pride as the vulnerability.

Yes, there are more scriptures to say so, I did not think they all needed to be listed.... are you saying they do>?

Do you dispute that pride makes one vulnerable to deception?

I am not sure what to make of this statement;

Was it an insult that I am too dense to understand, or were you just trying to establish your credibility? :confused No insult intended. Yes it is true that pride can get in the way of truth. Do you believe that pride is keeping me from the truth?

third hero
Dec 2nd 2008, 04:34 AM

Do I detect a typo? Are we protected FROM the Holy Spirit's efforts to expose the deception? I am just asking for a clarification, because I do not understand this statement. Everything else, I agreee with, because the Scriptures speak truth, and our pride often clouds our minds and ears, and we tend to block out what the Holy Spirit is saying. This is why we need to be a lot less of ourselves and our own beliefs, and a lot more reliant on what scripture actually says, and give in to the scriptures.

Amos_with_goats
Dec 2nd 2008, 04:49 AM
Do I detect a typo? Are we protected FROM the Holy Spirit's efforts to expose the deception? I am just asking for a clarification, because I do not understand this statement.

Yes, it is an ironic turn of phrase. Like "the best way to protect against success is to do what is expected". I see how it could be confusing. I am glad that the rest of the post was clear;

Everything else, I agreee with, because the Scriptures speak truth, and our pride often clouds our minds and ears, and we tend to block out what the Holy Spirit is saying. This is why we need to be a lot less of ourselves and our own beliefs, and a lot more reliant on what scripture actually says, and give in to the scriptures.

Absolutely. Sorry for the confusion, and thank you for asking.