PDA

View Full Version : 80 hr weeks catching up with me - demolished my vehicle

NHL Fever
Dec 1st 2008, 02:05 AM
On Saturday we went for the evening church service then went out for coffee afterward. After leaving I pulled out into the main road from the parking lot and was struck by another car. Everyone was ok but both vehicles were totaled. So now we have no car and will have to rent one next week until the insurance gets sorted out.

My wife pointed out that fatigue may have been a factor, as I've been working 70-90 hour weeks for the past few months. The same day I walked into a display in the drug store and spilled my coffee earlier in the car while sitting still. I truly cannot say how I didn't see the other care coming, wife says the headlights were out, I guess there's no way to know.

Prayers please for us until we get back in action, that we would get the write-off payment quickly to get organized again, and also for the others involved in the accident. I think they got the worst of it, because it was an older model that will certainly be written off and they probably won't get much for it after the deductible. Our car is a year old so we'll likely get a payout worth enough to pick up another one. Thanks for your prayers.

CoffeeCat
Dec 1st 2008, 02:12 AM
Praying for you, for the other folks, and especially for your state of mind.... working yourself to near exhaustion can really take a toll on your health. Keep yourself safe. :pray:

karenoka27
Dec 1st 2008, 02:30 AM
Father, Thank You so much for keeping this family safe. Lord You were there to protect them from harm and I am so deeply filled with gratitude.
Lord, be with the car situation and I pray this will all be behind them quickly.
Lord, I also ask that you use this family to be a witness to the those that were in the other car. May this situation be used for Your glory.
In Jesus Name,amen

Vhayes
Dec 1st 2008, 02:48 AM
NHL - I am and will continue to pray for you. Please, take time from work and any stress related endeavors and sleep. Please - even Jesus went away and rested. We MUST recharge our physical and spiritual batteries to stay at peak performance.

Prayers and hugs to you and yours and I am also thanking our Father there were no long term injuries.

Be blessed -
V

livingwaters
Dec 1st 2008, 02:55 AM
NHL, praying for a speedy process on your vehicle. Praising the Lord that no one was injured....life is more important!!! Glory to God!! Maybe this is God's way of telling you to "stop and smell the roses!!" Life isn't forever, so enjoy what you can of it...Amen.

God Bless:saint::)

Redneck Charger
Dec 1st 2008, 06:33 AM
Jesus, Please hear my prayers for NHL fever.. Going through some pretty tough times right now.. Please find a answer so he doesn't have to work his life away.. Please Jesus so he can stay safe..and keep his family safe.. and most importantly.. Jesus so he can spend time with his family..and with you Jesus.. Please hear my prayers..:pray:

IMINXTC
Dec 1st 2008, 07:33 AM
Lifting you and your wife up before the Lord about this important issue of over-work and fatigue, seeing how dangerous it can be. Thanking the Lord that no-one was hurt... a miracle.

steelerbabe
Dec 1st 2008, 02:23 PM
Thank you Lord that no one was hurt. Please help to sort out insurance and give NHL Fever rest and peace:pray:

moonglow
Dec 1st 2008, 02:52 PM
How scary! So glad no one was hurt though! I think sometimes we don't see another car coming because when we look they are in a blind spot...where the front windshield attaches to the frame of the car...and if it was after dark and them having no headlines on..yea that would really make them hard to see. I am keeping you all in my prayers and your work slows down so you can get some rest.

God bless

NHL Fever
Dec 1st 2008, 04:59 PM
Thanks for all the prayers. To be honest I didn't feel exhausted, I take pride in working hard. But you're right, sometimes you don't really know until something literally smacks into you.

Frances
Dec 1st 2008, 05:52 PM
:pray: re. all the details of the accident - and that you ensure you have sufficient relaxation in future for your body to rest and recuperate..

Ashley274
Dec 2nd 2008, 04:53 AM
................ :pray:........

threebigrocks
Dec 2nd 2008, 05:11 AM
Praying for the insurance process to go smoothly, for rest and praising thanksgiving nobody was hurt. :pray: