PDA

View Full Version : Best Thanksgiving ever!

Debra R
Dec 1st 2008, 11:47 PM
This was our best Thanksgiving ever! :pp

We went to Athens Tenn. We got to be with Ken, Kathy and Jennifer and our church family there. Ken and Jennifer had been working hard since September to get food donated for the needy. They started out with one turkey, a can each of chicken broth, green beans, sweet potatoes, cranberries, a few other things and there was so much food donated you wouldn't believe. A bunch of us had delivered food to the people who were on the list they had gathered and there was still so much left. We didn't know what to do. Then Joe says lets go back to the low income housing and start knocking on doors. We made up about 30 dinners and went. We gave them away in about 15 minutes. It was such a blessing. They wouldn't have had thanksgiving if we hadn't brought it to them. A lot of them were elderly and had no way to go anywhere. Our Lord led us to them. That was the greatest joy I have ever had! Helping those precious people.

And then when we took the can stuff back to the food pantry at church there was more than what there was at the beginning! It was like the loaves and the fishes! Jennifer had said she had wanted to feed 200 people. All in all I think they said 180 were fed. It was so awesome! There is nothing more exciting than seeing the Lord at work!

Then I got to visit with my sister Connie! We stopped at her house on the way back to St. Louis. She had made Thanksgiving for us too!. We spent the night with her and her husband and made it home Sunday morning in time for church! God is so good!

Doing all this helped take some of the sadness away that it was another thanksgiving without our precious Nathan. But he was with me in my heart. :hug:

Our God is so wonderful and I'm so thankful!

Redneck Charger
Dec 2nd 2008, 03:56 AM
Yes the Lord is Wonderful.. He is Awesome.. Praise the Lord...:pp

karenoka27
Dec 2nd 2008, 10:37 PM
:hug:Debra! I'm crying, I'm filled with joy, I'm so thankful! So many emotions!
Praise our Lord who fills our empty hearts by using us to fill those with empty lives!

moonglow
Dec 3rd 2008, 03:40 AM
That is so amazing! Praise God indeed...:) So glad someone thought of taking that extra food out to those in need...I bet it just made their day! Good for you guys...wonderful seeing the Lord work through you all like this. And yes helping others takes our minds off our own grief...its a very healing thing to do...probably why Jesus wanted us to do such things...:)

God bless

Amos_with_goats
Nov 26th 2009, 08:52 PM
A very happy Thanksgiving to You all! :pp