PDA

View Full Version : Prayer reguest for an awful habit

Nothing
Dec 2nd 2008, 06:01 PM
Hi folks,

Some may know me here, but I just wanted to share a problem I've had for a while. I lie to people I love because I am ashamed of truth sometimes. Years ago when I was a teen, I used to get absouletly screamed at from Mom when bad things happened. Miserable experience. I discovered that if I just kept things from her, life would be peaceful for a while. Sure I knew things would eventually have to come out, but as long as things were okay for a while I'd be content. Well, even now after mom has been gone for 5 months, I still do this with my Aunt and Dad. I basically tell them lies about a job oppurtunity or keep bad news from them so they don't get upset or mad. I don't lie to my friends or anyone else for that matter. I am totally able to admit my faults and mistakes, but not with my family. I despise being like this and want help desperately. I've prayed many times before, but asking for your prayers and possible counseling if I can.

Jason

CoffeeCat
Dec 2nd 2008, 06:43 PM
Jason, you may want to start a similar post about this in the counselling forum to get more responses.... but for now, let me just tell you that I'm praying for ya, buddy. :hug:

jsph110
Dec 2nd 2008, 11:45 PM
I stand in agreement with you and ask for your deliverance in Jesus' name. ty Jesus.

I used to have a simalar problem, but not anymore. Simply keep asking God to deliver you from the problem when faced with a temptation to lie. Say, "God, help me not to lie as right now i am being tempted, in Jesus' name" and in a few weeks, this problem will evaporate. Fast once a week for this issue.

karenoka27
Dec 2nd 2008, 11:50 PM
Dear Father,
I bring my brother Jason before You. Lord he has according to Your Word in James 5:16 confessed his faults to us that we might pray for him and that he might be healed. Lord, please free Jason from this protection he has put up through lying.
Thank You! In Jesus Name, amen

walked
Dec 3rd 2008, 02:21 AM
Praying for you here too Jason.

IMINXTC
Dec 3rd 2008, 02:29 AM
Lifting you up before the Lord for deliverance.

livingwaters
Dec 3rd 2008, 02:56 AM
Jason, :pray:I am praying that you give it to Jesus!!! It's the only way!!! We are capable of nothing without HIM!!! Also, Jesus is a deliverer!!! There is nothing HE can't do...HE wants us to have life and life more abundantly..HIS Word says to ask and you shall receive...HIS Word says all we have to have is faith the size of a mustard seed...If you slip and tell a lie, confess and go back and tell the truth. Once you face the fear, it's done!!!! We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us!!!! Depend on the Lord...

God Bless You:)

Nothing
Dec 3rd 2008, 06:28 AM
Thank you all for your prayers....much appreciated.

Redneck Charger
Dec 3rd 2008, 12:03 PM
Praying for Jason to Jesus..:pray:

Beloved by God
Dec 6th 2008, 04:10 AM
Praying for you...

Ashley274
Dec 6th 2008, 06:17 AM
Jason I am praying for you :pray::pray::pray: