PDA

View Full Version : Effective Prayers Come From The Heart

TBONE61
Dec 2nd 2008, 07:22 PM
James 5:16 (New King James Version)

16] Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.

1 Timothy 2:5 (New King James Version)

5] For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus

Effective Prayers Come From The Heart

Someone has aptly noted, "If we want to find God in prayer, we should get the 'address' right. We are to ask our petitions in the name of the Son, our Lord Jesus Christ" While our savior is the model for our prayer life, the entire Triune God-Head is involved when we approach the throne. All prayers go through Christ who stands between the Father and His children. But the Holy Spirit is involved as well. If we are so deeply burdened that we're unable to put our sorrow into words, He will interpret what is in our hearts and let the Father know (Rom 8:26) There is power in prayer and much comfort from the Triune God when we approach the throne. Try it; God wants to hear from us! His line is never busy.

FOR TODAY: Prayer is simply a two-way conversation between you and God. - Billy Graham

AWEDNU
Dec 2nd 2008, 08:40 PM
Yours truly got this message very clearly last week. After concentrating on prayer for several weeks, it was as if the Holy Spirit whispered "listen to what you are saying."

What I was saying was noise like "God be with them....., Lord act in their lives...", etc. Then came the conviction. God IS with them, God DOES act in their life, what are you praying for?:giveup:

That seemed to be all it took as I then realized I had allowed my prayers to degrade into words. It was as if, I may as well have fallen asleep.

The message resulted in an awakened prayer, a prayer asking Our Heavenly Father to take specific actions in that person's life that would result in their truly knowing God was working in their lives to bring them through the very issue of the prayer need to His perfect will according to His Word. Specific scriptures even began to flow.

It touched me so that I made a point of illustrating the this at bible study Sunday morning, asking them to pray for A missionary, by name, for specific strengthening and protection and the like, believing He will do it in accordance to His plan for their endeavoring instead of the general- " Lord bless all missionaries around the world."

Thank you for the post and know that the Lord has used it to re-affirm His powerful message to me. Isn't He something!

TBONE61
Dec 3rd 2008, 04:14 PM
Yours truly got this message very clearly last week. After concentrating on prayer for several weeks, it was as if the Holy Spirit whispered "listen to what you are saying."

What I was saying was noise like "God be with them....., Lord act in their lives...", etc. Then came the conviction. God IS with them, God DOES act in their life, what are you praying for?:giveup:

That seemed to be all it took as I then realized I had allowed my prayers to degrade into words. It was as if, I may as well have fallen asleep.

The message resulted in an awakened prayer, a prayer asking Our Heavenly Father to take specific actions in that person's life that would result in their truly knowing God was working in their lives to bring them through the very issue of the prayer need to His perfect will according to His Word. Specific scriptures even began to flow.

It touched me so that I made a point of illustrating the this at bible study Sunday morning, asking them to pray for A missionary, by name, for specific strengthening and protection and the like, believing He will do it in accordance to His plan for their endeavoring instead of the general- " Lord bless all missionaries around the world."

Thank you for the post and know that the Lord has used it to re-affirm His powerful message to me. Isn't He something!

Amen and thanks for the reply.