PDA

View Full Version : Future war

bikelite
Dec 3rd 2008, 03:40 AM
Hi they say Psalms 83 war and Isaiah 17 war are the same and it will happen before the rapture any thougths.

bikelite
Dec 3rd 2008, 03:11 PM
These are my thougths why I think the P83 and the I17 war will happen before the rapture. You have to look at the war and how gods reaction in Isaiah 18.4 I will remain quit and will look on from my dwelling place.Like shimmering heat in the sunshine, like a cloud of dew in the heat of harvest. God will not deal with Israel directly WHY because his bride is still on the earth the church. Jesus has to come for this bride and then god will deal with Isreal directly. So then the Ezekiel 38 war has to hppen after the rapture. How does god deal with Israel in the E38 war. Ezekiel 38.22 I will make myself known in the sight of many nations. Then they will know that I am the lord. This means the bride is with Jesus and god will deal with Israel now directly till the second comming of christ and his saints and god will not hide is face no more.

Literalist-Luke
Dec 3rd 2008, 03:40 PM
Hi they say Psalms 83 war and Isaiah 17 war are the same and it will happen before the rapture any thougths.Who is “they”?
These are my thougths why I think the P83 and the I17 war will happen before the rapture. You have to look at the war and how gods reaction in Isaiah 18.4The problem with using Isaiah 18 to understand Isaiah 17 is that they are two different messages. Isaiah 17 concerns Damascus and Isaiah 18 concerns Cush.
I will remain quit and will look on from my dwelling place.Like shimmering heat in the sunshine, like a cloud of dew in the heat of harvest. God will not deal with Israel directly WHY because his bride is still on the earth the church.I don’t see that at all in this passage. Where do you see anything in here about a “bride”? I understand that you’re basing this suggestion on other passages (and also on the idea that the Rapture is Pre-Trib, which it isn’t), but it’s still only an assumption.
Jesus has to come for this bride and then god will deal with Isreal directly.There is nothing in the Bible that prevents God from dealing with Israel and the Church simultaneously.
So then the Ezekiel 38 war has to hppen after the rapture.Another assumption. How do you explain, in Ezekiel 38, the statement that the world’s mountains will be overturned? That sounds more like Armageddon to me.
How does god deal with Israel in the E38 war. Ezekiel 38.22 I will make myself known in the sight of many nations. Then they will know that I am the lord. This means the bride is with Jesus and god will deal with Israel now directly till the second comming of christ and is saints and god will not hide is face no more.If God is going to “make Himself known in the sight of many nations” just after a Pre-Trib Rapture, then He fails miserably at it, because the world immediately proceeds with the greatest rebellion in the world’s history, under the Antichrist’s leadership.

David Taylor
Dec 3rd 2008, 06:13 PM
Hi they say Psalms 83 war and Isaiah 17 war are the same and it will happen before the rapture any thougths.

I agree. Both happen before the rapture.....about 2500 years before the rapture; if Christ were to return today.

Both of those chapters' from their context were venued at the time of David and Solomon to the Babylonian Exile; not present day. Nothing in their context places them out of their natural time-frame, and into ours.

Romulus
Dec 3rd 2008, 08:33 PM
Isaiah 17 was fulfilled when the Assyrian King Tiglath-Pileser III attacked Syria and Israel in 732 B.C. Most scholars are in agreement on this. Putting this into a future thousands of years later takes away from the fact that this prophecy was judgement on a city in Isaiah's time, not the 21st century. If God had meant our time the prophecy then had no meaning for the sins that Damascus was guilty of.

That does not make sense to me.

bikelite
Dec 3rd 2008, 09:28 PM
Damascus will be utterly annihilated. Isaiah 17;1 Jeremiah 49;23-27, the extent of the destruction hints that nuclear weapons may be involved, how else would an entire modern city cease to be a city.As a result of this war Israel will obtain large portions of territory promised by God in Genesis (Greater Israel). No longer will the people of Israel have malicious neighbors who painful briers and sharp thorns. Thats why Ezekiel 38 ;7 In future years you will invade a land that has recovered from WAR and now all of them live in safety I will invade a land of unwalled villages all of them living without walls and without gates and bars.

bikelite
Dec 5th 2008, 11:57 PM
Hi its so sad that most so called christians have no Idea whats coming down on them and will effect their lives.

bennie
Dec 6th 2008, 12:09 AM
Hi its so sad that most so called christians have no Idea whats coming down on them and will effect their lives.

hi

like what? and who is the so called christians?

bennie

bikelite
Dec 6th 2008, 12:49 AM
Read luke 22;31-32

Romulus
Dec 16th 2008, 09:32 PM
Damascus will be utterly annihilated. Isaiah 17;1 Jeremiah 49;23-27, the extent of the destruction hints that nuclear weapons may be involved, how else would an entire modern city cease to be a city.As a result of this war Israel will obtain large portions of territory promised by God in Genesis (Greater Israel). No longer will the people of Israel have malicious neighbors who painful briers and sharp thorns. Thats why Ezekiel 38 ;7 In future years you will invade a land that has recovered from WAR and now all of them live in safety I will invade a land of unwalled villages all of them living without walls and without gates and bars.

Ezekiel's war is not a future war. If it was it would have no relation to those that heard it. This war is not the same war as in Isaiah. The phrase "unwalled villages" is only found in one other place in scripture. It fits within the time frame given to Ezekiel. This is found in the Book of Esther and the war against the Jews by Hamon. The nations mentioned in Ezekiel were all within the realm of the persian empire and they were the ones who invaded as per the order of Haman. The prophecy given to Ezekiel was in the time of the Babylonian exile. This prophetic war must take place in the time after the Jews were restored back to Jerusalem. Throwing this into the 21st century is ignoring the restoration of Israel after the Babylonian exile. We cannot ignore that restoration.

I believe Esther fits this prophecy and is well within the time specified in Ezekiel. Why ignore the restoration by Cyrus of Israel for the 21st century. This was fulfilled already. It must be since the temple in the next chapter can never be built since Christ made all sacrifice and drink offerings unnecessary because of Calvary. We must see the fulfillment before Christ, not after.

Isaiah's war and Ezekiel's are not the same.

With all due respect, are we who believe otherwise not Christians? :(

My heart's Desire
Dec 22nd 2008, 04:56 AM
I don't know if they will happen before the pretrib rapture of the Church which will take place but it is possible. Now as far as being the same event I'm not sure. Somehow I was of the opinion they are separate events but one may lead to the other.

iconoclast2012
Jan 28th 2009, 11:49 PM
....hey bike...& a "DOUBLE AMEN" to this post.For a long,long time now i have firmly believed that "the burden of damascus"...(THE overnight war)....because that's how quickly it happens, would serve as a preliminary battle & tripwire to the GOG_MAGOG conflagration...& so conspicious by it's absence in ezekiel's roll call of these nation's is SYRIA"....well why is that...? I submit unto u that they r in captivity as described in jer.49...all the way to the turkish(KIR) & iraq(ELAM) borders...! When has Damascus ever ceased from being a city...? & just when did the battle of GOG_MAGOG take place(see a couple of posts over),,,? DID I MISS ALL THIS...?...This planet is soon to be cast into complete & total chaos...get tied on ..it's gonna be a bumpy ride.....peace brethren...

iconoclast2012
Jan 29th 2009, 12:06 AM
....hey bike...& a "DOUBLE AMEN" to this post.For a long,long time now i have firmly believed that "the burden of damascus"...(THE overnight war)....because that's how quickly it happens, would serve as a preliminary battle & tripwire to the GOG_MAGOG conflagration...& so conspicious by it's absence in ezekiel's roll call of these nation's is SYRIA"....well why is that...? I submit unto u that they r in captivity as described in jer.49...all the way to the turkish(KIR) & iraq(ELAM) borders...! When has Damascus ever ceased from being a city...? & just when did the battle of GOG_MAGOG take place(see a couple of posts over),,,? DID I MISS ALL THIS...?...This planet is soon to be cast into complete & total chaos...get tied on ..it's gonna be a bumpy ride.....peace brethren...
.....& oh...By the way. given today's modern warfare technology do u really think walled or unwalled villages,gates & bars or no gates & bars are gonna make a single bit of difference looking in the face of ...."incoming" rockets & missle launch....I DON'T THINK SOOOOOO......!!!!

Marjiealm
Jan 29th 2009, 12:44 AM
.....& oh...By the way. given today's modern warfare technology do u really think walled or unwalled villages,gates & bars or no gates & bars are gonna make a single bit of difference looking in the face of ...."incoming" rockets & missle launch....I DON'T THINK SOOOOOO......!!!!

I'm in total agreement with you & bikelite. By chance do you think this could be during the Sixth Trumpet War where 1/3 of mankind is supposed to die? It's supposed to begin along the river Euphrates ... Hmm, I'm just wondering.