PDA

View Full Version : No Concern Is Too Small

TBONE61
Dec 3rd 2008, 04:24 PM
Philippians 4:6 (New King James Version)

6] Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;

No Concern Is Too Small

While He was here on earth our Lord prayed for those who were blind, lame and sick. He prayed for His disciples. He even prayed for you and me when He interceded for all those who would believe on him (Jn 17:20). In addition to the "big" things in life, we are encouraged to do the same, pray without ceasing! (I Thess. 5:17). Sometimes the most important thing we do in a whole day can be the turning inward in prayer for a few minutes at a time.

Remember Trevi in "Fiddler on the Roof?" He talked to God every waking moment of his life, about his animals, his dairy business, his wife and children. So, for now, don't worry about "proper" praying, just talk to God all day today.

FOR TODAY: A concern too small to be turned into a prayer is too small to be made into a burden. ~ Corrie Ten Boom

livingwaters
Dec 4th 2008, 03:29 AM
AGREED 100%~~~~~

God Bless:)

nea27
Dec 7th 2008, 07:11 PM
Philippians 4:6 (New King James Version)

6] Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;

No Concern Is Too Small

While He was here on earth our Lord prayed for those who were blind, lame and sick. He prayed for His disciples. He even prayed for you and me when He interceded for all those who would believe on him (Jn 17:20). In addition to the "big" things in life, we are encouraged to do the same, pray without ceasing! (I Thess. 5:17). Sometimes the most important thing we do in a whole day can be the turning inward in prayer for a few minutes at a time.

Remember Trevi in "Fiddler on the Roof?" He talked to God every waking moment of his life, about his animals, his dairy business, his wife and children. So, for now, don't worry about "proper" praying, just talk to God all day today.

FOR TODAY: A concern too small to be turned into a prayer is too small to be made into a burden. ~ Corrie Ten Boom

Thank you for this encouragement. I find prayer so difficult when really it should be the opposite.