PDA

View Full Version : I got laid off today

Semi-tortured
Dec 4th 2008, 03:58 AM
Thread title says it all. I saw it coming so I was stockpiling vacation days, but they gave me a pretty small severence package of 2 weeks considering how long I've been there. :( So pray for me to find a job. I told my Dad I should get a job with the post office since they have to be hiring with all the unemployment checks they are delivering. December is also a wash for finding a job. Even in good economies December is a bad month.

Vhayes
Dec 4th 2008, 04:00 AM
I'll be lifting you up.
V

IMINXTC
Dec 4th 2008, 04:03 AM
Holding you up before the Lord, Semi-Tortured! Sorry for the lay-off, and praying that you find something suitable, if not better, and hopefully before too long. Will check back from time to time.

livingwaters
Dec 4th 2008, 04:05 AM
Semi, I'm so sorry to hear this news!! However, don't let the devil start planting his negativity in your mind...It will only make things worse...I know at this time of year, lots of department stores are hiring temps...it may not be alot, but it could lead to something more and add income, for now.

Get on line and try www.job.com (http://www.job.com). They find jobs suited to your abilities in your area!!! Who knows, it might lead to something...Best wishes!!! I'll be:pray: praying for the Lord to lead you in the right direction...Amen.:hug:

moonglow
Dec 4th 2008, 04:06 AM
I am so sorry! I am will be praying for you on this!

God bless

bennie
Dec 4th 2008, 04:07 AM
will pray that the Lord will find you a good job ST.

steelerbabe
Dec 4th 2008, 11:24 AM
I am sorry to hear that. We have been through a rough year regarding employment. I am praying for you and asking the Lord to sustain you during this difficult time:pray:

AndrewBaptistFL
Dec 4th 2008, 11:50 AM
Praying with you, friend.

walked
Dec 4th 2008, 05:23 PM
Will be praying for and with you.

Frances
Dec 4th 2008, 05:42 PM
:pray: . . . . .

Lyndie
Dec 4th 2008, 05:47 PM
:pray::pray::pray:

jsph110
Dec 4th 2008, 09:08 PM
Thankyou Lord for the statement you have made in Jeremiah 32:17. We ask for you to provide work for Semitotured in Jesus' name, where he will use the talents you placed in him and give glory to you. ty Jesus.

catlover
Dec 5th 2008, 02:32 AM
Semi,

I'm so sorry for you. I've been thru this several times in the last few years with my husband.

Don't give up, stay positive. I'll remember you in my prayers.

Redneck Charger
Dec 5th 2008, 11:56 AM
Praying for you..and all who are all being Laid off.. Please Jesus help those who are loosing their jobs.. Please Jesus..:pray:

militarywife
Dec 5th 2008, 12:00 PM
I want to encourage you and say that when a door closes...God will open another.
I will be lifting you in prayer that you will see this opportuniy God has given you and pray God open the door to the job He would be best suited for. Hang in there.:hug: