PDA

View Full Version : I've been robbed

daughter
Dec 4th 2008, 01:16 PM
I've been robbed. yesterday when I was walking with my son, somebody got hold of my bank card somehow, and they've spent every penny I had.

Please pray that this gest sorted out... I thought at first I'd simply left the card somewhere in the house, but yesterday at 5.30 pm someone spent right up to my overdraft limit. Now I'm trying to get the bank to accept it's not my bill, and I'm trying to get them to transfer funds into an account I have which I do have a card for. If they accept that this bill is not mine, I'll have to pay 25 pounds for an instant transfer to a different bank. It will be five working days before my new card turns up.

I'm having a REALLY bad day.

Bethany67
Dec 4th 2008, 01:34 PM
Oh no! Will call you tonight, hun.

TexasBeliever
Dec 4th 2008, 01:43 PM
That is so ROTTEN. I have that worry in the back of my mind all the time.
But be comforted in the fact that "thieves shall not inherit the kingdom of God."

daughter
Dec 4th 2008, 02:23 PM
Well, now I'm calmer I can remember to pray for the thief. The bank has cancelled my card, and are going through channels to see where the money has gone. My Dad's transferring some money to my account. It will take a few days to hit, but I've got food and heating in the house, so we'll be okay, now I'm no longer panicking.

I used to steal myself (shoplifting) so I should remember to pray for the thief. Thank you guys.

slightlypuzzled
Dec 4th 2008, 02:34 PM
Calm patience is what it is all about...you and your son are in my prayers....:pray:

Vhayes
Dec 4th 2008, 02:39 PM
Daughter, I am so sorry this happened but am thankful the Lord is helping you deal with it. I have prayed that things happen in the correct fashion and order. I also want to thank you for praying for the thief. I did as well. Let's see what God does with THOSE prayers.

Be blessed and at peace -
V

jsph110
Dec 4th 2008, 03:00 PM
I am sorry to hear this and I praythat God will turn this around and make good come out of it; in Jesus' name. ty Jesus. Forgive them for what they have done.

moonglow
Dec 4th 2008, 03:04 PM
Oh no...I am so sorry! I know here due to lack of jobs, bad economy and Christmas coming...people tend to do more desperate things..I will pray for the thief he or she is convicted in their mind about what they did and of course lead to Christ and pray for you and that things will work out ok...

Everyone needs to be very careful right now I think..:(

God bless

NHL Fever
Dec 4th 2008, 03:08 PM
No way! That is a real downer. Very laudable for you to reject anger and vengence instincts to pray for the thief. I had to spend a lot of mental effort not getting angry when I got in an accident last weekend and it was my own dang fault!, so you're showing a heck of a lot spiritual maturity imo.

Paying that you get it sorted out in a timely fashion.

daughter
Dec 4th 2008, 03:17 PM
Well, one good thing about keeping tracts in your wallet... at least I know this particular thief will have had an opportunity to read the gospel.

http://shop.livingwaterseu.com/product_info.php?cPath=33&products_id=189&osCsid=da67c5a3155916e2ca94168b5ca35597

He or she will have thought they got lucky... I think it really likely that they'll read it. I mean, in their situation, wouldn't you?

moonglow
Dec 4th 2008, 03:31 PM
Well, one good thing about keeping tracts in your wallet... at least I know this particular thief will have had an opportunity to read the gospel.

http://shop.livingwaterseu.com/product_info.php?cPath=33&products_id=189&osCsid=da67c5a3155916e2ca94168b5ca35597

He or she will have thought they got lucky... I think it really likely that they'll read it. I mean, in their situation, wouldn't you?

:lol::lol: That is great! I love how it starts out..."the million pound question: Will you go to Heaven? Here's a quick test. Have you ever told a lie, stolen anything,..... :lol: Thinking he or she got a million pound note..(though the message is worth so much more!).

God bless

daughter
Dec 4th 2008, 03:35 PM
I've seen people who picked that up, thinking I'd dropped it, flinch when they read it. It's a very funny tract. I fold it up, and leave it on the seat when I'm going places - so far only one person ever picked it up to return it to me.

One time a neighbour stole my son's birthday money (his birthday card went through her door.) She had the silliness to brag about it to another neighbour - I overheard them in the shop.

Once I stopped feeling sick (I was on another side of the ailse) I went home, wrote a card addressed to my son... but put her house number on it to see what would happen. (My son's name is very distinctive in this country, she knew who he was.) Inside the card was one of those tracts, and I wrote her a note - can't remember exactly what it said, but it was about the importance of her repenting and going to heaven, because riches on earth perish, but riches in heaven never do. I'm afraid to say I didn't sign it, but next time I saw her she blushed like a tomato, and I knew she'd read the tract.

IMINXTC
Dec 4th 2008, 03:36 PM
Praying for you Daughter, and very sorry for your having been hit like this.

moonglow
Dec 4th 2008, 03:39 PM
I've seen people who picked that up, thinking I'd dropped it, flinch when they read it. It's a very funny tract. I fold it up, and leave it on the seat when I'm going places - so far only one person ever picked it up to return it to me.

One time a neighbour stole my son's birthday money (his birthday card went through her door.) She had the silliness to brag about it to another neighbour - I overheard them in the shop.

Once I stopped feeling sick (I was on another side of the ailse) I went home, wrote a card addressed to my son... but put her house number on it to see what would happen. (My son's name is very distinctive in this country, she knew who he was.) Inside the card was one of those tracts, and I wrote her a note - can't remember exactly what it said, but it was about the importance of her repenting and going to heaven, because riches on earth perish, but riches in heaven never do. I'm afraid to say I didn't sign it, but next time I saw her she blushed like a tomato, and I knew she'd read the tract.

That's pretty sick to 'brag' about stealing a child's birthday money...she better blush! :cool: She should have returned it to him too...

Glad she got the 'message'...

God bless

daughter
Dec 4th 2008, 03:43 PM
Especially since she knew the kid concerned, and that his step father was dying at the time. She used to come out and pretend all sorts of sympathy to our faces. It was my son's first real head on impact with the fact that people are bare faced liars, and shameless thieves. It upset him for days.

Vhayes might remember it... I remember talking to you about it at the time?

Thing is... looking back on it now, all the times I've been robbed, it's never been the end of the world. It's been upsetting, or an inconvenience, but God always does see us through.

moonglow
Dec 4th 2008, 04:06 PM
Especially since she knew the kid concerned, and that his step father was dying at the time. She used to come out and pretend all sorts of sympathy to our faces. It was my son's first real head on impact with the fact that people are bare faced liars, and shameless thieves. It upset him for days.

Vhayes might remember it... I remember talking to you about it at the time?

Thing is... looking back on it now, all the times I've been robbed, it's never been the end of the world. It's been upsetting, or an inconvenience, but God always does see us through.

Oh I bet it was very upsetting for him...poor little guy..:(

Nate had a new bike stolen from him once when he was younger..a birthday present from me. Stolen in the middle of the afternoon while I was at a church function...I was shocked to say the least. Nate was very upset and very angry about it too for days...but at least the thief wasn't someone we knew (though I suppose it could have been since we never found out who took it) I was even more upset because I had to put it together myself and it was alot of work and it was my present to him too...I didn't have the money to run down and get him another either..:(

They learn young what a hard world this is for sure...:(

daughter
Dec 4th 2008, 04:13 PM
Yes, the same neighbourhood where Sťa's birthday money was stolen, some kids came round to ask if his bike was for sale. I was in the middle of dressing Neil's pressure sores at the time, and came to the front door in the medical type stuff I had to wear. I knew who the kids were... they were local, and they knew that Neil was very ill too.

I told them no, Sťamus' bike was not for sale, they nodded, said bye, and walked off.

Well, I went back, and did Neil's sore, went to open the curtain after we were finished... and Neil and I at the exact same time saw one of the lads making off with Sťamus' bike.

By the time I'd got out (had to get a neighbour to sit with Neil) and chased the kid down, he'd sold the bike for twenty quid. He denied point blank stealing it, but when his father came out, the father was really furious and disappointed with him... because he'd asked his son about the bike, and the son had said he'd found it on a tip. The Dad wasn't so bothered about the son stealing, I don't think... I think it was stealing from folks as poor as they were - He marched the son round to apologise to Sťamus, and Neil, then he went and got the bike back.

He asked us if we wanted to press charges, but we used it as a chance to hopefully plant some seeds.

Funnily enough, every time I've seen the boy since, he's been extremely polite, offered to help me carry shopping, stood up on the bus to offer a seat (very unusual in this part of the world) and when Neil died he was teased by the other lads, because apparently he went round the corner and cried.

moonglow
Dec 4th 2008, 04:35 PM
Wow..sounds like you got through to him...and that is good! I am impressed!

One time some boys visiting their grandparents on our old block, knocked down and ran over Nate's bikes on purpose...several times...I went and told their grandpa...he just got all defensive and refused to even correct them. They dented and scratched up Nate's bike badly do that too...boy was I angry. The sad thing is the grandpa..when he opened the door to his house I could see piles and piles of papers, magazines and just tons of junk in there...there was a little path to walk through all this mess. I could see he was embarrassed by it and just wanted to close the door as fast as he could so I just dropped it...he wasn't willing to do anything anyway...:( Obviously there were alot of problems in that home...:cool:

walked
Dec 4th 2008, 05:11 PM
Praying for the quick restoration of your funds sister, for the peace and protection of your household too.

God bless :hug:

AndrewBaptistFL
Dec 4th 2008, 05:17 PM
I've been robbed. yesterday when I was walking with my son, somebody got hold of my bank card somehow, and they've spent every penny I had.

Please pray that this gest sorted out... I thought at first I'd simply left the card somewhere in the house, but yesterday at 5.30 pm someone spent right up to my overdraft limit. Now I'm trying to get the bank to accept it's not my bill, and I'm trying to get them to transfer funds into an account I have which I do have a card for. If they accept that this bill is not mine, I'll have to pay 25 pounds for an instant transfer to a different bank. It will be five working days before my new card turns up.

I'm having a REALLY bad day.

I'm praying for you friend.

miepie
Dec 4th 2008, 05:57 PM
Sorry to hear about this Mary..... :hug: Charles and I will pray for you..... :hug: :pray:

Love you my friend,
Mieke :kiss:

daughter
Dec 4th 2008, 06:11 PM
Thank you all. :hug:

Bethany67
Dec 4th 2008, 06:39 PM
Daughter - DH just said it's important to report the crime to the police. They'll give you a crime number and that can speed things up with the bank once you pass it on. We got ripped off last year; someone phoned DH's bank pretending to him and got them to transfer an entire month's salary elsewhere. The bank reimbursed him eventually but it took weeks, and they didn't even apologise or offer compensation for the inconvenience caused by their incompetence. I had some pithy things to say about their procedures, given that I work in fraud and antimoneylaundering in banking. I was all for pursuing an official complaint but he wouldn't let me. If you ever consider banking with Abbey National, just don't.

daughter
Dec 4th 2008, 06:47 PM
WEEKS? Oh no!

Well, thank goodness we got our veggie box delivered in time, and that the bills are paid up to date. We'll be walking everywhere till Tuesday but that won't do us any harm.

I've reported it to the police... hoping it will make things move quicker. I can't understand how anyone could get the money out so quickly... it's not like they had my pin number or anything. Someone's got some smarts, unfortunately. Shame they haven't put it to good use.

Bethany67
Dec 4th 2008, 07:03 PM
Did they take the money from a cashpoint, do you know? There's still the odd shop around that will allow you to sign instead of chip + PIN. I guess the bank will find out where it got used.

I'm glad the bills are up to date.

KingFisher
Dec 4th 2008, 07:53 PM
Daughter,

I'm sorry to hear that your going through this. You seem to be of good
spirit and handling things well.

I had my wallet and cell phone stolen a few years ago so I understand what
your going through. To put my initial feelings into words I just plain felt
violated. After praying God gave me peace.

In the end God redeemed all that was taken.

Will be praying for ya...:pray:
KingFisher

Ascender
Dec 4th 2008, 09:02 PM
:o

praying Mary:(

:B

JesusReignsForever
Dec 5th 2008, 03:23 AM
So very sorry to hear that! I am praying for you and your son, also for the thief too. Praise God he is there to protect us thru all the mess in this world.

FaithfulSheep
Dec 5th 2008, 03:45 AM
Oh no! I just saw this.:pray:ing for you.:hug::hug::hug:

livingwaters
Dec 5th 2008, 03:50 AM
Oh, Daughter!! :pray:I'm praying for everything to be straight very soon...I'm sooooo sorry to hear this..there is just no safe place anymore..seems someone is always on top of doing the evil ways, right...but, as we know, that's about to end...so, satan, we know why you are running so rampant in this world...your days are numbered, evil one...praise the Lord for HIS goodness...praise the Lord for HIS protection..praise the LORD for HIS comfort and strength in trying times like these...and praise the LORD for writing HIS Word on our hearts that we may retrieve them in our times of need...Thank you Father!!! I pray all these things in JESUS' name!!! Amen. Glory to God!!!!

Also,:pray: my prayers go up for the one taking your things and money!! Lord, convict them through the tracts in daughter's wallet..let them repent and ask for forgiveness and, if at all possible, repay what they've taken..thank you Lord!!!1

God Bless you

daughter
Dec 5th 2008, 09:40 AM
Wow...

Just got a present through the post, registered delivery... a little bit of money that my mother in law found in one of my husband's old cash accounts. Not much, but enough to see us through.

God's looking after us, that's for sure!

Redneck Charger
Dec 5th 2008, 11:43 AM
Praise the Lord.. Oh thank you Jesus for helping out Daughter.. Jesus I like to pray for Daughter, that this mishap gets straightened out..and that she finds who the theif is.. And Jesus, I like to pray for the theif.. Please take care of him..But Jesus I want to say thnk you for helping Daughter with this happening.. :pp

Bethany67
Dec 5th 2008, 12:49 PM
Wow...

Just got a present through the post, registered delivery... a little bit of money that my mother in law found in one of my husband's old cash accounts. Not much, but enough to see us through.

God's looking after us, that's for sure!

Heehee - I love it when He does stuff like that. He can be trusted!

Elouise
Dec 5th 2008, 02:03 PM
:hug:

Got to love Gods timing and sense of humour.

Praying for you.

Frances
Dec 5th 2008, 04:57 PM
:pray: . . . . .

matthew7and1
Dec 6th 2008, 01:07 PM
I just read this and I am soooo sorry. I will be praying for you! This is such a stressful thing to happen to anyone!

daughter
Dec 7th 2008, 05:42 PM
Ha hahaha!!!

Do you want some good news?

Today after church, my friend who usually gives us a lift back wasn't well enough, so I decided randomly to take the train home.

When I got there I asked the guy behind the desk how much a ticket would cost for my son and I... normally I'd use my rail card for a discount, but it was one of the things that went missing.

"What's your name?" he asked, "we've had one handed in..."

So I told him, and he pulled out my wallet and railcard... someone handed them in yesterday.

No tract, bank card gone... but someone's read the tract, and apparently handed in the rest of my wallet.

WOOHOO!!!

CoffeeCat
Dec 7th 2008, 06:06 PM
WOW. :D Woohoo is RIGHT! God's goooooooood!

Dave Robb
Dec 7th 2008, 06:20 PM
Ha hahaha!!!

Do you want some good news?

Today after church, my friend who usually gives us a lift back wasn't well enough, so I decided randomly to take the train home.

When I got there I asked the guy behind the desk how much a ticket would cost for my son and I... normally I'd use my rail card for a discount, but it was one of the things that went missing.

"What's your name?" he asked, "we've had one handed in..."

So I told him, and he pulled out my wallet and railcard... someone handed them in yesterday.

No tract, bank card gone... but someone's read the tract, and apparently handed in the rest of my wallet.

WOOHOO!!!

Aaah Daughter, that is just so incredibly awesome! Thank you Lord Jesus.
Wow, the devil picked the wrong girl to mess with huh? Now it's costing him!:pp

renthead188
Dec 7th 2008, 06:20 PM
WOW. :D Woohoo is RIGHT! God's goooooooood!

That's awesome!

God is so cool....

Daughter I just read this thread and I am glad to see that you're handling this in faith. We've got that tract here too, except it says "one million dollars!" so I was a bit thrown for a second when I read yours!

daughter
Dec 7th 2008, 06:26 PM
I'm just really pleased. Can you believe... I'm glad I was robbed now? Because whoever read this tract, and was convicted enough to turn in my property at the train station... they will have read it, and known right in the core of them that they were in fact a thief.

And if a thief then guilty, and if guilty, then in need of salvation.

So...

We may all get to meet this guy (or gal) in the kingdom of heaven! I'm so chuffed.

Yes... I know... not a normal reaction to being robbed. But isn't God good?

Dragonfighter1
Dec 7th 2008, 06:29 PM
I'm just really pleased. Can you believe... I'm glad I was robbed now? Because whoever read this tract, and was convicted enough to turn in my property at the train station... they will have read it, and known right in the core of them that they were in fact a thief.

So...

We may all get to meet this guy (or gal) in the kingdom of heaven! I'm so chuffed.

Translation for Americans... "Chuffed" means happy! (opposite of miffed)

daughter
Dec 7th 2008, 06:32 PM
Oops... sorry, yes. Chuffed is the happy feeling a cat has when you have her purring on your lap like a big buzzy hot water bottle. I feel like that cat, when she's had the cream, and her human is scratching her behind the ears. :D

Dragonfighter1
Dec 7th 2008, 06:33 PM
Oops... sorry, yes. Chuffed is the happy feeling a cat has when you have her purring on your lap like a big buzzy hot water bottle. I feel like that. :D
I love hearing my old tongue in use.....
yanky language has is benefits too, but like all of us I enjoy the old ways...

Glad about your wallet and stuff. thats awesome!

renthead188
Dec 7th 2008, 07:09 PM

So...

Amazing! Lets pray that this thief not only repents of stealing your money, but of all of the crimes committed against The Most High. Lets pray for this person.