PDA

View Full Version : Tempted by Lust Lately, Please Pray

renthead188
Dec 5th 2008, 06:32 PM
These past few weeks have been particularly bad with lust. I am tempted left and right and the enemy is prompting me to think about sinful fantasies. This isn't the normal avoidance of lust in your everyday life (avoiding looking at girls, being in situations of temptation etc.) this is an attack. I am afflicted while I'm counting money at work, studying Scripture, driving my car etc. I've been particularly hard nosed about refuting satan today, but as i was driving home from school i started to have all these thoughts about ways that i can act out the fantasies. I kept praying and my friend asked if we could have lunch, so I'm going to meet him (thank you God!) but I'm particularly weak right now. Yesterday I went through my phonebook and thought "which of these girls could i call and they would possibly wind up doing this with me?" It makes me sick to admit this on here. I was really tempted to call, but through prayer I resisted and deleted the numbers of the girls that would have. Even coming on here to post this I had to promise myself that i would go to no other website besides bibleforums and facebook. I know that the devil flees when you resist him but sometimes you've got to continue resisting. As I pray and fight I ask that you do the same.

AndrewBaptistFL
Dec 5th 2008, 06:45 PM
Satan must be very afraid of you if he is going to try and assault you like this. I'm praying with you brother and know that through Christ our enemy is ALREADY defeated. You will never be tempted more than you can bear. Praise God!

renthead188
Dec 5th 2008, 06:48 PM
1 cor 10:13 is my first memory verse, actually what God used to break me last year.

HisLeast
Dec 5th 2008, 06:49 PM
Hey Renthead,

I said a prayer for you. If you'd like, you can join us in "The Vigil (http://bibleforums.org/group.php?groupid=12)", a social group for those of us who know your battle all too well.

Redneck Charger
Dec 6th 2008, 12:12 PM
Please Jesus, help him stay with the ways of you, and not be tempted by the sinful way.. Please Jesus..:pray:

NHL Fever
Dec 6th 2008, 02:02 PM
These past few weeks have been particularly bad with lust. I am tempted left and right and the enemy is prompting me to think about sinful fantasies. This isn't the normal avoidance of lust in your everyday life (avoiding looking at girls, being in situations of temptation etc.) this is an attack. I am afflicted while I'm counting money at work, studying Scripture, driving my car etc. I've been particularly hard nosed about refuting satan today, but as i was driving home from school i started to have all these thoughts about ways that i can act out the fantasies. I kept praying and my friend asked if we could have lunch, so I'm going to meet him (thank you God!) but I'm particularly weak right now. Yesterday I went through my phonebook and thought "which of these girls could i call and they would possibly wind up doing this with me?" It makes me sick to admit this on here. I was really tempted to call, but through prayer I resisted and deleted the numbers of the girls that would have.

I pray you do well in your struggle which is generally a struggle for most guys. The interesting part is, a lot of guys think getting married is the solution to hold out for, but the reality is this problem does not go away just because you get married. If your mind is impure while single, chances are it will be impure while married. Real victory comes through Christ power, but there are also practical things you can do. Do something active when your mind wanders, phone a guy friend for support even if you don't divulge the details. Look up a local church activity and go, even try a good video game etc. Keep up the good work

Even coming on here to post this I had to promise myself that i would go to no other website besides bibleforums and facebook.

Are you sure you want to be spending your time on a site filled with petty quarrelsomeness and self-adulating presumptions? Where your likely to be drawn into the worst of yourself and revel in your own depravity? Where a pretend reality may further exacerbate the worst impulses and glorify repudiable interactions? Better just stick with facebook. :rofl:

But seriously you're not alone and any battle of any real meaning will be hard. Real accomplishments are hard, not the way TV and video games teach us. It will not be the hardest thing in your life either, but God knows overcoming this challenge will be a great asset with lots of benefit for yourself.