PDA

View Full Version : Wedding called off.

CoffeeCat
Dec 6th 2008, 03:24 PM
I don't have the heart or the strength to get into it.... and would prefer not to on the open board... but for several reasons apparently, my "fiance" let me know that he doesn't want to BE my fiance any more, and we've called our wedding off.... and for that matter, our relationship. I'm crushed. This came flying out of nowhere.... but in a weird way, I'm relieved that, even though our wedding was only supposed to be just over two WEEKS from now... I know what he's actually like now.... and I know how he really feels about certain things. I can't believe it, but nothing makes sense anyways so I'll have to.

Please just pray for me, for him, and for our respective families -- I imagine they'll be confused and disappointed, but this isn't something we'll be reconciling.

I'll maybe start a thread in C2M later when I can organize what the heck happened, in my head.

Thank you....

Vhayes
Dec 6th 2008, 03:27 PM
Praying for you CoffeeCat - If I could I'd give you and hug but it will have to be a cyber hug due to distance...
(((((CoffeeCat))))) :hug::hug::hug::kiss::hug::hug:
V

catlover
Dec 6th 2008, 03:30 PM
awwwww. I'm so sorry you're hurt. I'll pray God will comfort you as only He can. Things will work out for the best.

FaithfulSheep
Dec 6th 2008, 03:36 PM
Oh hon! I am so sorry. I will pray for you right now. :pray:

And as you mentioned, you may start a private thread in chat to moderators or chat to ministers at any time. :hug:

daughter
Dec 6th 2008, 03:45 PM
Oh, sweetheart... I'm so sorry. :cry: What a shock.

I'll be praying for you.

Beloved by God
Dec 6th 2008, 04:03 PM
Oh sweetheart!!!!! But like you said, at least you found out now, before you were married.

http://off1.picsrc.net/images/chrglt/scriptures/isaiahPassThroughTheWatersSunset.gif

moonglow
Dec 6th 2008, 04:05 PM
Oh my dear friend...I am so so sorry! I don't know what to say...

My prayers are with you though in this...

God bless

Frances
Dec 6th 2008, 05:03 PM
:kiss: :pray: . . . . .

matthew7and1
Dec 6th 2008, 05:07 PM
I know that there is nothing that I can say to make this better. I am so sorry that you have to feel this pain and deal with this situation. Thank God that he is watching out for you enough that you didn't enter into covenant with this person. Isn't it funny how sometimes a blessing hurts like heck? We ask for what we need and when we get it, it's not always what we wanted. I am praying for you, and him and your families. I know that you will continue to be blessed, just hopefully your next blessing includes chocolate instead of heartache!
:pray: :hug: :kiss: :pray: :hug: :kiss:

Bethany67
Dec 6th 2008, 05:09 PM
Praying now, love.

steelerbabe
Dec 6th 2008, 06:44 PM
I am so sorry for the pain you are going through:hug: I am praying for you during this difficult time:pray:

livingwaters
Dec 6th 2008, 06:58 PM
:pray:aying for your heart to mended by our Healer...spend all of your time focused on Jesus, and HE will reveal what HE wants you to know at this time....Protection is always in God's hand for HIS children!!! HE allows things to happen for a reason....Just know, that HE has got you in HIS mighty and powerful hand, and nothing can overcome HIS strength!!!

Bless you and please, take care of yourself!!!!:hug:

beckisted2004
Dec 6th 2008, 07:16 PM
Oh my goodness! I will be praying for you like crazy! I so wish there was something I could do to comfort you, but I think only God can provide the comforting you need right now. If you'd like to PM me, I'll be around. I went through a similar situation, though I was on the other side. Believe me, sister, God has plans for this situation. I am so so sorry that you're heartbroken, shocked, and probably every other emotion there is out there! :hug:

miepie
Dec 6th 2008, 07:34 PM
Sorry to hear this my friend...... :hug: May God bless you abundantly as you go through this! :hug:

Love you,
Mieke :kiss:

Brother Mark
Dec 6th 2008, 08:41 PM
May God comfort you all in this time.

Gregg
Dec 6th 2008, 11:07 PM
Are we allowed to smite him a little bit?

All kidding aside, I am so sorry to hear of this disappointment for you. This happened to my wife. I think it was about two months before she was to get married to John that he broke it off. She was pretty crushed. I would like to think that God answered our prayers when he brought us together. We just had 20 years (and two beautiful daughters) Oct. 22nd. This wouldn't have happened if the marriage went through.

I pray that you will find comfort and peace until the man comes into your life that sees you as the miracle sent from God that you are.

JesusReignsForever
Dec 7th 2008, 01:00 AM
Praying for you my dear sister :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Ashley274
Dec 7th 2008, 02:15 AM
This is shocking and I am just so sorry. I will say more in pm or your other thread till then know I am so sorry and praying

Lady Ashanti
Dec 7th 2008, 02:25 AM
I don't have the heart or the strength to get into it.... and would prefer not to on the open board... but for several reasons apparently, my "fiance" let me know that he doesn't want to BE my fiance any more, and we've called our wedding off.... and for that matter, our relationship. I'm crushed. This came flying out of nowhere.... but in a weird way, I'm relieved that, even though our wedding was only supposed to be just over two WEEKS from now... I know what he's actually like now.... and I know how he really feels about certain things. I can't believe it, but nothing makes sense anyways so I'll have to.

Please just pray for me, for him, and for our respective families -- I imagine they'll be confused and disappointed, but this isn't something we'll be reconciling.

I'll maybe start a thread in C2M later when I can organize what the heck happened, in my head.

Thank you....

I am sooooooo sorry...:o, and confused...the only thing I can think of is for you to be glad you found out now, whether than later...

However I am still sorry for your pain...:hug:

Rocking horse
Dec 7th 2008, 02:50 AM
Dearest coffeecat....when I read the heading....wedding called off....I didn't want to read it, I thought...no, it can't be what I think it is. I can't imagine your grief, but the Lord stepped in just in time. For you and this man, the Lord knows it's best to come between your relationship. If you offer it to the Lord, He will bless you abundantly....though you may not see it now.

Be gentle with yourself my friend....

Love, Rocky. (Anne)

Redneck Charger
Dec 7th 2008, 05:41 AM
CoffeeCat.. I am so sorry... Wish I was there to hold your hand now, and listen to you..and pray with you.. Jesus, I ask you to please pray for this lovely Lady..and please take care of her through this differcult time.. She needs you.. She needs you Jesus to watch over her, and comfort her, She needs you to show her why this is happening Jesus.. Please Jesus I pray that you will take care of this good Lady..:pray:

CoffeeCat, You need someone to chat with.. Please PM me..:kiss:

CoffeeCat
Dec 7th 2008, 05:45 AM
Thanks, everyone. :hug: to you all. I'll be alright. Honestly.... God's got me. It hurts, but Jesus saved me from something very rough, I think, so I'm thanking Him through the pain and that's that.

Nothing
Dec 7th 2008, 06:31 AM
I'll be praying for you CC. I can relate b/c I too was a man very scared of marriage, but didn't have the courage to say anything until late in the relationship. I did break her heart, but things eventually worked out much better for the both of us. You might not see it now, but the same may be true for you someday.

IMINXTC
Dec 7th 2008, 06:35 AM
Hey Cat.........!

cbetrain55
Dec 7th 2008, 01:23 PM
My fiance called off our wedding and relationship Tuesday, and I too was surprised. But it is nice to have it over now instead of years later with children.

I don't know about you, but I believe God can restore anything, but it's up to you if you feel like you would even want Him to. And it may be a long road and may never happen. Read Hosea...and here is a great paper on it.
(http://www.bible.org/page.php?page_id=1295 (http://www.bible.org/page.php?page_id=1295)).

Either way you decide to go, I know God will give you strength and I pray that your heart and mind is calmed and that the peace that passes all understanding overwhelms you.

God Bless.

Christian_lady
Dec 7th 2008, 02:16 PM
I've been accused of being creepily idealistic, so forgive me if I appear naive.
But perhaps the peace you feel, yes, comes from Christ but also because you sense He has a better plan for you, and that could include marriage to someone better.
I've been reading a book called, "Finding the right one for you" by H. Norman Wright.

It's Christian-based and fantastic because it explains fears, issues and different ways men and women approach and leave relationships.

Just a thought,
otherwise, thinking of you!:pray:

thehopefulcry2
Dec 7th 2008, 03:47 PM
Oh sweetie I am so sorry. I know you dont know me... but sometimes that's better if you need to talk. I'm a great listener. Pm me any time.
:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug: :hug::hug::hug::hug:

I am praying for you.
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z195/sparkletags4/Christian/Comfort.jpg

CoffeeCat
Dec 7th 2008, 04:04 PM
Thanks for the prayers, everyone. :hug: If you'd please pray for him, too... right now he doesn't want to be with Christ, and so he needs prayer more than I do.

God bless, and have a good Sunday.

Bethany67
Dec 7th 2008, 04:11 PM
Praying for him specifically - he must be in turmoil, but without the bedrock wisdom you are showing in trusting Jesus in the midst of this. Love to you, hun.

ServantofTruth
Dec 19th 2008, 11:04 PM
Sorry that i didn't notice this topic and knew nothing about this till today. God has a man for you. You are strong and have such a huge heart for others. Love SofTy.

newdaddy1223
Dec 20th 2008, 01:58 PM
Hey CC..... when i read your post my heart sunk. I've been prayin for ya and all day a verse has been going through my head. It's from Numbers 6.

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

May the Lord wrap His mighty arms around you and shower His grace and love on you.

Keira
Dec 24th 2008, 02:24 AM
I am sorry CoffeeCat :pray:

CoffeeCat
Dec 24th 2008, 03:40 AM
:hug: Thanks, everyone, for the support. I am truly and honestly fine. I know in my heart and in my mind that God had His hand in this, and I thank Him for knowing what's best for me and for my ex. I wish him only the best. And today, I had a good day. I went out and spent time with wonderful people..... and I am looking forward to celebrating Christmas.

I'd like to thank everyone who posted to this thread, prayed for us, and voiced their support. :hug: I consider my prayers answered. I feel peace. I'm not badly upset. I'm thanking God for being Lord of my life, and I'm looking forward to the upcoming months, and the new year -- they're new chances to serve Him however I can, and to continue my walk with Him.

God bless, everyone. :)

Colo25
Dec 24th 2008, 05:00 AM
cofeecat, I am glad that you are comforted by Our Lord, but sorry to hear about your wedding being called off. Heres a :hug:. you need one.

Jeanne D
Dec 24th 2008, 05:06 AM
I don't know how I missed this, but I'll be praying for both of you.

I know it hurts, but I really believe that one day you'll view this as a blessing.

Jeanne:hug: