PDA

View Full Version : beast - a king that was - shall ascend out of the pit

vinsight4u8
Dec 6th 2008, 04:00 PM
How far back should the church be looking to find this king that was - that will ascend out of the bottomless pit?

The days of Jeremiah!

vinsight4u8
Dec 6th 2008, 06:10 PM
Take all of the times that Israel went into captivity - and then we come to Jeremiah 2:20.

"For of old time I have broken thy yoke, [and] burst thy bands; and thou saidst, I will not transgress...."

So at the time - no yokes - as to being a slave of other nations resided on the neck of Israel.

but then - comes soon Jeremiah 28:14

"For thus saith the LORD of hosts...I have put a yoke..."
28:14

Israel got the yoke of Nebuchadnezzar on her - shoving her around.
ruling over her land

vinsight4u8
Dec 6th 2008, 10:02 PM
What does Jeremiah 27 shows us?

a prophecy that begins with Nebuchadnezzar
goes then to his relatives - as to they will rule
then ends with Nebuchadnezzar again

Jeremiah 27:6-7

DevinWL
Dec 7th 2008, 03:48 AM
the only reason i half agree to what you say is because the Lord says the book of revelations is what is, what was, and what is to come

vinsight4u8
Dec 7th 2008, 10:22 AM
Do you see where Moses had foretold in Deuteronomy 28:48 of the coming yoke of iron as a curse?

Do you agree that Nebuchadnezzar began that curse time on Israel in the days of Jeremiah and Daniel?

Daniel 9 even speaks of the curse - the oath of Moses.

Daniel 9:11
"...even by departing...therefore the curse is poured upon us..."

We know that the Babylonian kings get seventy years to rule the nations - so that means the world is still under the curse of Nebuchadnezzar's time.
the yoke of iron

Daniel 9 begins with telling us how Daniel had been reading something written by Jeremiah. A he is to desolate Jerusalem for 70 years.

Daniel wants to know how this prophecy will come to pass. Verse 27 shows that the he of Jeremiah's prophecy will finally come to power again and finish out those 70 years to rule the nations.

vinsight4u8
Dec 8th 2008, 02:47 PM
Nahum chapter 1 is interesting - as it also speaks of a yoke that will break. It tells how one came out of Nineveh that imagines evil against the LORD.

Verse 13
"For now will I break his yoke from off thee and will burst thy bonds in sunder."
Verse 15
"Behold upon the mountains the feet of him that bringeth good tidiings..."

Micah chapter 5 refers to how One is to come out of Bethlehem and then goes into how the Assyrian must be taken down.
Chapter 7 also refers to the last days taking down of the Assyrian.

Isaiah 14:29 refers to a cockatrice person that is of the root of the Assyrian and will come as a fiery fying serpent.

Jeremiah 8 shows Nebuchadnezzar's time was as the cockatrice.

vinsight4u8
Dec 17th 2008, 10:36 AM
Don't miss this about Nebuchadnezzar II!

Daniel chapter 4 refers to how he was to get three things after a being a beast.
That was the intent.

But what did Daniel show as to the true outcome of that time?
The king would never admit that he is the lowest of men.
The king would still retain the sin of pride.

After being a beast- he even referred to others - as reputed as nothing.

king - pride - added to
others - reputed as nothing