PDA

View Full Version : My family needs your prayers, please

matthew7and1
Dec 7th 2008, 07:07 PM
Hello all.
I am asking for prayers for my family. My grandmother died suddenly a few weeks back. She was delivering for Meals on Wheels when she was hit by her own car. (it wasn't in park and started rolling):(
This was (is) all very tragic, and surprising but it's not my biggest concern. I am not very close with alot of my family because of personal issues and beliefs. I am on speaking terms with everyone, I love them all, I just don't socialize with them all the time.
What became shockingly clear to me is that no one, and I mean no one, in my family has a true belief in God and Jesus Christ. I can't believe that I never knew this before!:o
Some of them consider themselves to be catholics (not practicing, grammie was the only church-goer beside me) , but as far as having any faith in God, it's just absent. I am so concerned for them all. I suppose I just assumed that they had faith since I was raised going to church.
However it is that I missed this, I did. And now I want to get on the prayer path for them. They are all having such a hard time dealing with this disaster. They are deteriorating as people and don't know where to turn. When I cry to Jesus, they look at me like I'm talking to the lamp for goodness sake! It is SO sad that they think there is no help!
Please pray for them. I am afraid for thier souls, as well as thier happiness and sanity here on earth.
I can't imagine not knowing that my heavenly father was there to be a comfort to me.
I can't imagine not having the faith that my Grammie is with a loving Jesus right now.
I can't imagine not having the peace and the wellness of knowing that everything is a part of God's plan, and that Grammie is at peace with Him.
Please pray for my family. They need so much....

livingwaters
Dec 8th 2008, 03:27 AM
:pray:ing with you for your family and their salvation!! Just keep letting your light shine for Jesus!!! They will see it and can take the opportunity to accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior..We, as bad as we'd like to, can't make them do that...Only God can save folks and that's how it should be...see, HE knows what is in someone's heart...everything!!!!

But, don't forget, nothing is impossible with God!!! I mean nothing!!! Thank you Lord. HE makes HIMSELF known in my life most everyday...of course, I know HE is there everyday; however,this past week, HE has been answering prayers concerning members of my family. It seems HE is helping them to experience HIM, also. :pray::pray:So, pray, pray, pray, and keep on praying!!!! Read your bible and stay in the Word!!! Go to church and fellowship with others that could give you some insight into this situation...remember you're not alone in this!!!:hug: And never forget that God sent Jesus to die for all of our sins, so that none of us would perish!!!! Glory to God!!!!:kiss:

Agyei
Dec 8th 2008, 05:08 AM
Praying that the Lord has mercy on your family and opens their eyes to the truth which is his word. Praying that they come to acknowledge Christ as their lord and savior and dedicate their lives to him. Praying that the lord comforts and blesses you for trusting in him to lift up your family. :hug: :pray:

butterfly1234
Dec 8th 2008, 05:30 AM
I am so sorry for you loss. This a a time to let Jesus shine through you and be a witness for the Lord. God can change the hardest of hearts and nothing is impossible with Him, so pray that God draws them near and they they seek the Lord and find Him. Pray for the doors to be open to witness and let them see that you are going to God for strength in this time of healing and mourning.
I will pray for your family as well...<><

Ashley274
Dec 8th 2008, 06:31 AM
Praying for you and your family :pray::pray::pray:

Redneck Charger
Dec 8th 2008, 02:30 PM
Jesus, I ask you to please take care of this family, help the reunite..and please show them that you are the realest thing in their lives.. Please Jesus take care of this family!!:pray:

jsph110
Dec 8th 2008, 03:41 PM
Thankyou God because you cause all things to work together for them that love you. I ask in Jesus' name that this family will love you, reveal yourself to them during this time of difficulty and give them the grace to go through the grieving period. Bring them to your fold in Jesus' name. ty Jesus.

Frances
Dec 8th 2008, 05:40 PM
:pray: that when you speak of the Lord to your family His Light shines through you and leads them to Him . . .

matthew7and1
Dec 10th 2008, 07:11 PM
:pray: that when you speak of the Lord to your family His Light shines through you and leads them to Him . . .
This is a great one because I have the hardest time being myself with them. I usually come off agitated and abrupt and it's not how I really feel, for some reason it just comes out that way.

IMINXTC
Dec 11th 2008, 03:15 AM
Lifting and holding your family up before the Lord. Praying that a door of opportunity would be opened for them for the hearing of the Gospel and the call to salvation. Knowing the numbing effects of traditional religion, we pray that our Lord would send convicting witnesses and testiomony into their lives, that they may be challenged by the hearing of the word.

We pray for you as well, that you may be strengthed and given the words to speak and the boldness necessary to confront them in Spirit-led ways, knowing how hard it sometimes can be to witness successfully to our own loved-ones.

Sorry as well for the loss of your Gram and her tragic death.

zsl
Dec 15th 2008, 07:40 PM
Dear Heavenly Father,

We come before your throne today and lay down each person in this family. We pray that you will reveal yourself to them and soften their hearts so that they may be responsive to your calling. We thank you that we can trust your Word. We know that we are incapable by ourselves, but with YOU, all things are possible. We also know that you desire that none shall perish and that you sent your son to die so that we may live.

We ask that you strengthen tayariswife. We pray that you give her wisdom and guidance. We pray that she will find the words and opportunities to share your love with her family.

All these things we ask in Jesus' name,

Amen