PDA

View Full Version : This King

ConqueredbyLove
Dec 8th 2008, 12:35 AM
This King

~But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom~

Hebrews 1:8

God the Father declares that forever the Son of God will reign as King from His throne. He is King of Kings and Lord of Lords! He rules over all now and shall throughout eternity. His name is the Lord Jesus Christ.

A finer study of contrasts can not be found, as is found in this King. For He is mighty, yet gentle. He is all-powerful, yet tender. He rules over all, yet He is humble. He hates sin, yet is merciful. Such a beautiful God He is that with one breath of His sweet Holy Spirit, He can bring a soul to their knees in worship and adoration!

Oh, how beautiful you are, my God!

Since He is the King of Kings it might behoove us to study a bit the individuals He descended from. One might think that it would be the most sterling of bloodlines that the Most High God would come from. Christians, of course, know that His mother was Mary, a young, humble, virgin woman. This had been prophesized hundreds of years earlier ~ Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold a virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel ~.

But what of the women that God the Father chose to be part of the Son of God’s genealogy before Mary? Oh, here we find hidden treasure that can give hope to the most desperate of souls. For as we look a little deeper we find, Tamar as one of the woman that Jesus came from. Tamar had played the part of a harlot and had relations with her father-in-law. What is this? A harlot in the genealogy of this King? And what of Ruth who is part of His lineage? Ruth was a Moabite. The Moabites descended from Lot and were not allowed into the congregation of the Lord under Old Testament Law. And yet, God chose this Moabite woman. Who else was so favored to be in the lineage of this King? Why, look! Bath-Sheba made it in! An adulteress! The one who committed adultery with King David!

The pure, spotless Son of God was born over two thousand years ago. Perfectly Holy and harmless He has always been. He is a righteous God Who abhors sin. The wrath of God will be poured out upon all sin someday.

Yet, woven into His genealogy we find hope for the sinners, the outcasts the desperate, the desolate. Amongst His pure, spotless life we find golden chains of mercy, grace, forgiveness and peace. We find Him reaching out for all that would come to Him, even for the loveless and rejected. What a King this King is! What a King You are, oh God!

***Author's note - I would like to dedicate this devotional to my precious sister on these boards who got so much out of the story of Tamar not too long ago. I just love you so much and am soooo excited and thrilled for you and for what the Lord is doing in your life :hug:

Just to make certain you know who you are - here is the key - Tamar means Palm Tree

MercyChild
Dec 8th 2008, 10:30 AM
Wow............this was inspirational. I took every single word, and know that God has a purpose for one and all. This gave me hope to proceed in what I am doing, as I am pretty sure that your words was my conformation to keep on going foward and doing what the Lord wants me to do. Even if the world rejects us, we are no reject if it comes to God.

I have learned that God can make greatness out of a great mess. And this is what He is doing right now. He have changed me in so many ways, He received me to be His child even if I fell many times. He just never stop loving and never stop caring.

Thank you soooooo much for this devotion. It made me stand still for a while and reminded me that God uses who He wants to, irrespective of our mistakes. I totally agree. WHAT A KING OF KINGS IS HE!
TO GOD ALL THE GLORY!:hug:

Sue_Ellen
Dec 8th 2008, 03:41 PM
Thank you so much for this devotional. I have also recently been inspired by the imperfect people God chooses to use in bringing about His miracles. I have one to add: Rahab, the Jericho prostitute, is also listed in the lineage of Jesus.

Thanks again - I'm so grateful for God's wondrous hope.

Sue Ellen

ConqueredbyLove
Dec 8th 2008, 08:54 PM
Wow............this was inspirational. I took every single word, and know that God has a purpose for one and all. This gave me hope to proceed in what I am doing, as I am pretty sure that your words was my conformation to keep on going foward and doing what the Lord wants me to do. Even if the world rejects us, we are no reject if it comes to God.

I have learned that God can make greatness out of a great mess. And this is what He is doing right now. He have changed me in so many ways, He received me to be His child even if I fell many times. He just never stop loving and never stop caring.

Thank you soooooo much for this devotion. It made me stand still for a while and reminded me that God uses who He wants to, irrespective of our mistakes. I totally agree. WHAT A KING OF KINGS IS HE!
TO GOD ALL THE GLORY!:hug:

:hug: :kiss: :hug: :kiss:

ConqueredbyLove
Dec 8th 2008, 08:57 PM
Thank you so much for this devotional. I have also recently been inspired by the imperfect people God chooses to use in bringing about His miracles. I have one to add: Rahab, the Jericho prostitute, is also listed in the lineage of Jesus.

Thanks again - I'm so grateful for God's wondrous hope.

Sue Ellen

You are so welcome :hug: I missed Rahab! I did not recognize her name in Greek! I went back over it this morning and noted that the ONLY women that were mentioned in His genealogy were those four that most would have rejected....

If He can use those four, and raise them to high honor, it must mean....I'm in :pp :pp :pp

MercyChild
Dec 9th 2008, 02:03 PM
Hey CBL
Just want to let you know, God is using you in awesome ways! Your devotions is inspiring not just for me, but I am sure a lot of the people on this forum can agree. :hug:

TBONE61
Dec 9th 2008, 02:19 PM
Thanks for posting that. It was truly an inspiration and a help.

tt1106
Dec 9th 2008, 02:35 PM
Very Nice. Thank You.

ConqueredbyLove
Dec 9th 2008, 09:43 PM
Thank you again, Linda :hug:

Thank you, TBone61 and tt106. That is so kind of you all to take the time to share good things with me :hug: :hug: :hug:

How we all need to be lifted up and encouraged in this oft-painful journey!

Here is a song for you, Linda by Casting Crowns....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuR3Npi5uM8

MercyChild
Dec 9th 2008, 11:07 PM
Oh wow, what a great song. No one else deserves our praises than the King. Yeah, I do want to offer myself to Him. It was His Blood and mercy as the song said, that I am alive and well. This is really a cool song! I just love music soooooooo much and this was totally AWESOME!!!!!!!!:hug:

Thank you so much!:hug::kiss::hug: