Who led my family and me to Christ,

and to

Mrs. Shirley Childers,

For without their help this book

would not have been possible.

First Printing - May 1981
Revised Second Printing - October 6, 1993

FOREWORD

We know, on the authority of the Word of God and the testimony of Jesus and His apostles, that demons do exist. “When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with his word, and healed all that were sick.” (Matthew 8:16) “ And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy Name. “ (Luke 10:17) We also know that demons will Become more prominent in these “latter times.” Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils.” (1 Timothy 4:1)
Lost people are subject to possession by demons, coming under their complete control. “And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.” (2Timothy 2:26) While saved people, those who have been born again, cannot be demon possessed, they can be obsessed by demons; that is, caught by an idea or delusion. People need to be aware of the fact that demons are real and powerful and are used by Satan in his age-old battle against God and His people.
Satan is a great counterfeiter. Many times people accept Satan’s counterfeit for salvation because they do not seek the truth in the Word of God. “And ye shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free. If the Son therefore shall make you free. Ye shall be free indeed.” (John 8:32,
36) therefore, Satan is able to blind people and bind people And bind them and damn their souls to hell. “But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the God of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ who is the image of God, should shine unto them.” (2Corinthians 4:3-4) “And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believe not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.” (2Thessalonians 2:11-12)
Demons are limited by God as to how far they can go in tormenting and injuring people, just as God limited Satan in testing of Job. “And the Lord said unto Satan, Behold, he is in thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the Lord.” (Job 2:6) Those who are saved or are going to be saved have the additional protection of (angels.) not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of Salvation?” (Hebrews 1:14) But demons can only be overcome by the blood of Jesus and the Word of God. “And they overcame him by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.” (Revelation 12:11)
I have encouraged this dear lady to write her testimony in the hope that it will help others in similar circumstances to be saved. I urge you to “try the spirits” by the Word of God. “Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.” (1 John 4:1) The Holy Spirit never leads to anything but Jesus for salvation.

Clifford G. Rice, Pastor

Connie Sue
Dec 8th 2008, 03:39 PM
"HOW I WAS DEMON POSSESSED"

(2 Timothy 2:26)

by Bernice Pyle

Introduction

1. Satan's Counterfeit for Salvation

2. Under Demon Control

3. Deliverance for Me and My Family

Conclusion

Update Review

This is a true story about how demons took control of my body and spoke through me. These things happened in the two year period before I accepted
Christ as my savior.
They concern my husband Harry, Karen Sue, called "Susie". And our son, Shane, as well as myself.

1. [B] Satan’s Counterfeit for Salvation
([B] (John 3:3, 16-18; 10:1; 2 Thessalonians 2:11-12)

My husband ands I had been having some problems and in 1977 we moved away from Campbell to another small town nearby. I was very depressed and was searching for some peace of mind. I wanted to start to church, but I didn't know where to go. I had been brought up in a little church in that town. When I was a kid at home, my mother took me there a lot, but as I got older, I was confused by some of the things done there, such as speaking in tongues, so I stayed away. I hadn't been to church in years, but one of my sisters was still going, so I decided to start going there, too. I remember praying and telling the Lord, "I don't know what to do or how to be saved. I'm going to start reading the Bible and going to church, and if this is not where you want me to go, lead me to the right church."
I had been taught that speaking in tongues was the evidence of the Holy Ghost and that it gave you power with the Lord, so I began to pray about that. I said, "Lord, You know I don't understand, but if this is something you want me to have, I want it." But I talk to other people, and they would tell me that the gift of tongues was speaking in other languages. I began to read in 1 Corinthians, chapter 14. I just didn't understand all of it.
We started going to church some. One night we went to church, and I went to the altar, and they were all praying with me and saying, "Let go of your tongue." I started speaking in tongues and shouting. Our oldest daughter, Teresa, had come to the altar, and she was speaking in tongues. They held a microphone to her mouth and were talking about how pretty she was singing in tongues. They said a very pretty light shone around our family.
I went home, and I remember thinking that I didn't feel any different, and Teresa said she didn't. No one had taken the Bible and shown us any Scripture about how Christ died for us and that we were sinners and on our way to a burning hell. They had us seeking the tongues and that horrifies me now. We could have based our salvation on an experience and been blinded and gone to hell. "But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them." (2Corinthians 4:3-4) "And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believe not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness." (2Thessalonians 2:11-12) I thank the Lord; the Holy Spirit kept dealing with me to read the Bible and wouldn't let me be satisfied with just an experience.
A very religious man, Nicodemus, came to talk to Jesus, and Jesus told him he would have to be born again. "Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, except a man be born again, he cannot see the Kingdom of God. Marvel not that I said unto thee, ye must be born gain." (John 3:3, 7) The Bible makes it plain that the only way of salvation is by believe in Jesus. "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. He that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.' (John 14:6) Any other way of trying to come to God for salvation is dishonest; it is counterfeit. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and robber." (John 10:1)
One night after I came home from church, my husband and I got into an argument, and I said, "I'm not going back to church." I went in and lay down on the bed. I wasn't on the bed but a minute until I went into some sort of trance. I knew where I was. I could see the bed, dresser, and curtains. There was a light shining from the hallway when I lay down, but it became very dark in the room. A voice began to talk to me. He said, 'If you don't go back to church, your house will be filled with outer darkness."
Then I thought my husband came to the doorway and just lay down on the floor and acted unconcerned. The voice said, "He can't get you there." Then I came to myself, and I was very frightened.
We went to church every now and then, but inside me there was something wrong, and I was very confused. I was reading the Bible almost every day. I was confused about speaking in tongues. I ordered a Bible from a Jerry Falwell program on TV, and it was a blessing to me, but no one showed me how to be saved.
In December of 1977, my family had gone to town to buy my Christmas gift. I was at home alone, and I decided to lie down and take a nap. In just a minute I fell into some sort of trance. I knew where I was, but I couldn't move. The bed began shaking, and I thought, "Oh, no, it is the end of time and Dock and the kids aren't here." Then I thought everyone went at the same time. I remember looking beside the bed, and I thought my daughter Susie's blue house shoes were laying there, and I would reach out to get them, but I couldn't move. Susie was going to go in the hospital for surgery in two weeks. Her house shoes weren't by the bed at all; they were in the back bedroom closet. Then I thought the earth started to open up and I was falling into a black gulf of darkness. I thought, "That is it. I'm dying," but then a voice said "Look up." I looked up, and a bright, pretty light started coming toward me. When it hit my face, I woke up, and I believe I was speaking in tongues. But when I got up from the bed, I was confused as to what it really meant.
For a whole week I loved everybody, and no matter what anyone said, I wouldn't get mad. But after about a week, it all left me then I just got more confused. I finally decided not to go to church, but just to stay home and read the Bible.
From the first part of 1978 up until my birthday, August 22, 1979, we only went to church a few times. I didn't go back to the altar, and Teresa didn't either. My husband and I were getting along very well. Susie had surgery and came through it just fine. We built a new house ourselves, with my sister and her husband helping us. We moved into our new house in March, 1979.
Then one of my sisters had problems, and there was no one to take care of her three boys. Their daddy was drinking and not taking care of them, so my mother, another sister, and I began to try to adopt them. That didn't work out, so we let them all three go back to their daddy. I promised one of the boys that I would keep him, and when I couldn't he was very upset, and so was I. I was searching for some peace of mind, not knowing that it was Christ I needed. I was doing a lot of good works, but I hadn't accepted Christ as my Saviour. "Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and the renewing of the Holy Ghost; which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour." (Titus 3:5-6) "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. (Ephesians 2:8-9) I remember thinking that nobody loved the way they should and it seemed that they were just pretending. I had never come to the saving knowledge of Christ, and I was finding out that Satan's counterfeit for salvation could not satisfy in the time of trouble.

Connie Sue
Dec 9th 2008, 01:33 AM
2. Under Demon Control (Luke 11:24-26)

"When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man., he walketh through dry places, seeking rest; and finding none, he saith, I will return unto my house whence I came out. And when he cometh, he findeth it swept and garnished. Then goeth he, and taketh to him seven other spirit more wicked then himself; and they enter in, and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first." (Luke 11:24-26) The man Jesus described in these verses was not saved; he only cleaned up his life and became religious. The demon had not been displaced by the Holy Spirit; he left and came back as he pleased, and his control of the man became stronger as more demons came in with him. That is just what happened to me.
The first day I recall that there was a change in my personality was on my birthday, August 22, 1979. I work for the federal government as an interviewer. I have certain addresses that I go to and interview whoever is at that address. I never knew ahead of time who lived there. I was out interviewing, and my brother from St. Louis was home. I met him and my baby brother at a restaurant for coffee. I was feeling just fine, and I have asked them since then if I acted any different. They said I didn't.
I left them around 4:00 PM and went on to work. I knocked on the door at a certain address where I was to interview. I did the interview as usual. Just as I was getting ready to leave, the man said, "Lady, I'm scared to say this to you, you being a government worker and all, but I started fasting and praying this morning because the Lord said there would be someone I needed to witness to today. You are the one. Can I give my testimony?" I said, "Well, sure."
He told me how he had died, and he had seen a big black gulf of darkness, and the Lord had brought him back to life so he could tell people not to go there. He told me how he had the gift of prophesying, or telling the future. He said, "The Lord has just showed me something about you." He asked me if he could pray for me. I said, "Well, I guess. I believe in prayer." He took my hands and prayed for me. Then he said, "Lady, your whole life is going to change. Ehen you come back next month to interview me, you will have ea lot to tell me." He said, "If I told you now, you wouldn't believe it."
I left the house and went next door to interview, and I told the man I was interviewing that he needed to start reading the Bible and going to church. I didn't know how to tell him to be saved, because I didn't know how to be saved. The man that had just prayed for me hadn't asked me if I was saved or if I went to church. I always thought you had to have an experience or feel good to tell you were saved; that speaking in tongues was the evidence of having the Holy Ghost. I had done all of that, but I didn't know anything about having faith to believe that Christ died on the cross and shed His blood for me. As I left the man's house, I felt very good, and everything seemed OK. I really didn't know whether to pay any attention to the man who had prayed for me or not. I thought, "Well, if something happens, it will, but I'm not gonna think about it."

Connie Sue
Dec 9th 2008, 01:38 AM
I got home about 8:00 that night, August 22, 1979. I will never forget that date. It was my birthday. I went in and sat down and talked to my husband and kids before going to bed. I told them what the man had told me. Then we all went to bed.
During the night things started happening to me. Voices were talking to me, and I wasn't really awake or asleep. I remember that I couldn't move, but I knew where I was. The voice was quoting a part of the Scriptures out of the Bible; like, "The Lord is my shepherd. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end." It seemed to me that this went on all night. The voice would say, "I'm taking your carnal mind and giving you a spiritual mind." I got hardly any sleep.
The next day I had to go to work. I drive a lot on my job, some days 200 miles or more. As I was driving down the road, I got very sleepy, and the next thing I knew, I was off the road and heading for the ditch. I woke up just before I hit the ditch. The next time I fell asleep, I was over in the wrong lane, headed toward an oncoming car. I had to fight to stay awake. It was almost like something was trying to put me to sleep. I went home that night and went to bed, and the same thing happened as the night before. I didn't get much sleep again.
I had been going to church some, but not all the time. I had been praying and asking the Lord if that wasn't the right church to lead me to the right one. I felt like something was wrong. Different people, including my family, were telling me I should be a preacher. I would tell them that the Bible said that would be wrong ("But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence." (1 Timothy 2:12) But at thimes I felt like maybe I should. One night I went to bed, and I had a dream or something; I really don't know what. I saw myself behind a pulpit, and hundreds of people were falling at the altars, and there was a huge crowd there. I woke up and was startled by this.
It had been a month since I had interviewed the man who gave me his testimony and prayed for me. I had to go back and interview him again. When I got there, a woman was there. They told me she had the gift of healing. They asked me how I had been doing, and I told them. He said, "Now even greater things are going to happen to you." They took my hands and prayed for me. He told me that the Lord was going to use me in a mighty way.
He said, "People are going to be jealous and envious of you, but just look to God. Don't be afraid, for He will be with you always." He said, "You will set up healing centers all over the United States, and there will come a day when people can't afford to go to the doctors and they will come to these healing centers to be healed. You are the one the Lord has chosen to do this. You have a mighty work to do, and the Lord has seen fit to give you several gifts. Now when you go home, don't worry if things start happening. They will happen so fast you won't believe it."

Connie Sue
Dec 9th 2008, 01:40 AM
I went home, and I was awake all night that night. A voice said he was taking my carnal mind and giving me a spiritual mind; that I had a great work to do for the Lord. I wasn't really asleep or awake, and I couldn't move. It seemed that I would go to sleep for just a little while, and then it would wake me up again. I knew it wasn't a dream, but I really didn't understand what was happening.
By this time I was going to church all the time, and witnessing to everybody. When I would get down to pray, an inner voice would tell me that I had a great work to do, and that my brothers and sisters would help me. It told me that we would be as great as Jesus Christ. That would frighten me, and I would go read the Bible. The voice would quote a part of the Scriptures such as, "The Lord is my shepherd", and I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end", and "Be not afraid, for I will be with you even until the end." It told me of several gifts that I had. Then there would be times when a voice would laugh and tell me things that were going to happen to me. He told me I was going to get fat and that my family and friends would turn against me, that we would lose the new house that we had just built, and a lot more horrible things that I don't even want to write down. (Some of these things have happened, but I stand on Romans 8:28, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.")
The voice would also tell me things that it would give me if I would do certain things. I knew some of the things were wrong, and I would get scared and go get the Bible and read. I was constantly reading Psalm 17. I would read this and cry. I began to realize that there was a warfare going on in my mind. "Put on the whole armor of God that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against spiritual wickedness in high places." (Ephesians 6:11-12)
When I would get down to pray, a voice would tell me that I was going through this for my family; that is, my mother, brothers, and sisters; that we had a curse on us, and I needed to go through this to help them. I would pray and say, "Lord, if it will help my family, I'm willing to go through it." There would be times that I felt like I couldn't go on any farther and that I wanted to give in and quit fighting.
I began to feel that I had power in my right hand that I could lay it on someone and pray and they would be healed. The last of September, 1979, I began to lose control of myself. I couldn't keep my mind on what I was doing, and a voice kept telling me it was taking my carnal mind and giving me a spiritual mind. I was being pulled in two different directions and didn't know which was right. Just before I got saved on October 6, 1979, I would be up all night, and the only way I could keep control of myself was to read the Bible.

Connie Sue
Dec 9th 2008, 01:45 AM
I was lying on the bed one day, and a voice began to talk to me. It said, "I'm taking you to the Garden of Eden." I felt as if my spirit left my body and I was floating around in the room. I realized then that there was something wrong, and I became very frightened. I jumped up from the bed and got my Bible and began to read, and I was alright for a while.
One night I went to church, and they ask us to go to the altar and pray for the pastor, who was sick. I went to the altar and knelt down. My head went down, and I felt like I couldn't move. A voice started saying to me, "Stay right here in subjection to God." They were all around me praying. I was there an hour or more. Then a woman in the church started what they call prophesying. They say when they do this that God is speaking through them. She was talking to me, and she said, "My daughter, you have a great work to do for me. Don't look to man, but to God."
I remember getting up very slowly, and I felt as if all the strength were drained out of me. I began to speak, but it wasn't my voice that was speaking. I sat down on the altar; I was so weak I couldn't stand up. Very slowly I said, "I know I have a great work to do, and I want the church to pray for me." I was so weak I could hardly raise my arm. It wasn't the woman's normal voice. She said, "My daughter, people will be jealous of you and envious, but be not afraid, for I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, and I will be with you even until the end."
Then I got up very slowly and went home. My sister, who was going to that church there, went home with us. I asked her to go in the bedroom where I could talk to her. I started telling her how the Lord was going to use us. She folded her hands and put them beside her head, and then laid her head on her hands. A bright light shone all around her face; her eyes were fixed straight ahead. When I would say something, she would say, "Yes," almost as if she were in subjection to my voice. I was speaking in a voice different from mine, and it was coming from deep down inside me. It was more like a man's voice. I stood up then, and I was moving almost like a robot. I told her we needed to go to the pastor's house; I wanted to pray for him.My sister seemed to be in a trance and was doing everything I told her to do. I was still speaking in a different voice. When it would speak, it was very slow to speak and would drain me of all my strength.
The pastor said it would be OK for us to come in. We all went in, and I laid my hand on him and prayed for him. I was standing beside the door to the kitchen, and as I leaned back in the kitchen, I believe the other voice started speaking in tongues. My hands went up in the air, and I was shouting. Then I went back in and laid my hands on the pastor again to pray for him, and he passed out. He came to again in just a moment. I looked at them and said, "Let's go."
After we got in the car, I told them that we shouldn't go back to church there anymore. We went to my sister's house, and I was very weak. A voice began telling me to gather all of my family and friends and take them to a place in Africa and wait for the Lord to come.

Connie Sue
Dec 9th 2008, 02:02 AM
I went home, and the same thing happened that had been happening for months. During the night I would be about half asleep and half awake. I knew where I was, but I couldn't move. I would feel something beside the bed, and I would be very scared, but I would come to myself enough to get out of bed and reach for the Bible, my mind would begin to clear. Then I would get almost hysterical, I was so scared. I would cry and pray, "Lord, I need help!" I knew that I needed to keep in control of myself and that reading the Bible was the only thing that had helped me. I felt as if I couldn't go on any longer. I wanted to just relax and give up, but something wouldn't let me. I would read the Bible a while and pray a while.
I remember one day that I was watching a religious program on TV. There was a divine healer on, and he was telling about all the people that had been healed and the miracles that had been done. Suddenly my head went back in the chair, and I couldn't move. A voice began telling me that I was going to do that, too. My husband was home, and I looked at him and in a different voice said, "Let's go to moms." It was almost like a command. We got in the car and drove to Mom's. All the way over there I didn't talk. I was so weak I could hardly sit up in the seat. When we got to Mom's, I went in and started talking in a different voice, telling her my family was going to help me in my work. I remember how I would have to wait for the voice to talk through me, and it was very slow to speak, and when it did speak, I was drained of all my strength. When the voice quit speaking, I was hardly able to move, to walk to the sofa to lie down. Then I told Mom to go get the Bible and read Acts. Chapter 2 and I got up and went home.
I would be standing and washing dishes, and my hands would go up in the air, and I would start praying and crying. It seemed as if I couldn't keep from doing it. One day my neighbor came over, and I was telling her about some things that had happened to me. Suddenly my hands went up in the air, and I was crying and praying. She started crying, and I told her that things like that had been happening to me a lot.
At church there were two women, one who spoke in tongues and the other who gave the interpretation of what she said. When they would do that, my hands would go up in the air, and I would feel like I had something to do with it; that I was helping them in some way. The voice said I had that gift.

Connie Sue
Dec 9th 2008, 02:07 AM
I had to go out of town for some training on my job. On the way there I felt like there was someone in the car with me. I would even roll down the window and say, "Now, Devil, you get out of here and leave me alone." When I got to the city, I was going by to see my brother, who worked at the fire house. I knew how to get there, but I got lost and drove all over the city for a long time. I remember now that it was as if I were in a trance. Most of the time I didn't even know where I was. I remember praying finally, when I stopped the car, "Lord, I don't even know where I am. I can't get to the fire house or the motel. Lord, I need help." I started the car up, and within 15 minutes I drove up to the fire house, and I hadn't known I was going the right way until I drove up in front of it. My brother came out and talked to me, and I witnessed to him and asked him if I could pray for him, but he wouldn't let me. As I left the fire house, my mind began to clear up, and I was in control of myself. I went straight to the motel and went through the training alright the next day. I was like my old self again.
But when I got back home again, I got worse than before. I began to read the Bible a lot and stay at home. One day during the first week of October, 1979, a voice told me I should quit my job, that I had a great work to do for the Lord, that He had called me to be a missionary, and that my family and I were to go to Africa. So I got right up and called the office and told my supervisor that I was quitting and why I was quitting, and I witnessed to him.
That night I went to my sister's house, and I was talking in a different voice. I asked her if she would go with me, that we had a great work to do, but first we must go somewhere and fast and pray for 40 days and 40 nights. She looked at me in a strange way and said, "I'll have to go pray about this." She told me later that she had begun to realize that there was something wrong. She went into the bedroom and prayed, and when she came back, she said she did not feel led to go with me. All of a sudden my mind went blank, it startled me. The voice quit talking to me, and I felt different than I had since it all began August 22, and this was the first week in October. I got up and told her there was something wrong and I had to go home and pray about it. I went home, and that night I was troubled and couldn't sleep. I hadn't slept much since this all started. I remember that I lay down, but I was afraid to go to sleep. I felt that if I closed my eyes and relaxed, whatever this was would take complete control of me and I would never be in control of myself again. I was so sleepy, but I got out of bed and propped myself up at the end of the bed and began to read the Bible. I was afraid to go in another room and for some reason I didn't want to wake up my husband. I would read a while and cry and pray a while. There would be times that I would fall asleep, and my head would fall over and hit the Bible, and it would wake me up. About 4:00 in the morning I cried, "Lord, I can't stand this anymore. I need help. You know I don't understand all of this, but I can't go on like this anymore." There was just a small, tiny voice that said, "Call Brother Rice." At that time I really didn't even realize who Brother Rice was. I said, "Lord, if you will let me live until morning, I will call Brother Rice."

Connie Sue
Dec 9th 2008, 02:41 AM
3. Deliverance for Me and My Family
(John 8:32, 36; 2Timothy 2:26)

I stayed up the rest of the night, and I got worse than I had ever been. I stayed with the Bible in my hand. I would read and pray, but in my mind I held on to the hope of calling Brother Rice, that he would help me. I had heard of this pastor from other people, but I had never met him personally.
I made it through the night, and the next morning my mind cleared somewhat. I remember that Brother Rice was the pastor of Calvary Baptist Church in the town where we used to live. I told my husband that I needed to call Brother Rice, and he didn’t much want me to do it. Dock had heard of Brother Rice and didn’t like him, although he had never met him personally, either.
I called Brother Rice and asked him if he would come over and talk to me. He said he would be over in a few minutes. He got there about 9:30 or 10:00 AM on Saturday, October 6, 1979. He sat down in a chair
In our living room. I was sitting on another chair. Brother Rice asked me what he could do to help me. I began to ask him all kinds of questions. I would tell him of some of the experiences I’d had. He would look at me and say, “But young lady, when did you accept Christ as your Saviour?” I would avoid his question or tell him some experience I’d had. My husband got up and went in the kitchen and moved around, but I didn’t move from the couch and Brother Rice didn’t move from the chair. This went on until about 3:00 PM; we had been sitting there for about five hours, with me asking questions and telling him of my experiences. Finally he looked at me again and said, “Young Lady, but when did you accept Christ as your personal Saviour?” Tears began to trickle down my check, and I slowly knelt down there in front of the couch and said, “I haven’t but I want to now.”

Connie Sue
Dec 9th 2008, 03:02 AM
I asked Jesus Christ then and there to forgive me of my sins and to come into my heart and save me, as the Bible says. "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: If any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." (Revelation 3:20)
He saved me that very moment, and peace flooded my soul. Brother Rice
said a prayer with me. He showed me Scriptures in the Bible, and he told me I needed to make it known openly that I had accepted Christ as Saviour and follow Him in baptism. He got up to leave, and I'll never forget what he said. He said, "Young lady, if I never see you again, it's been a pleasure talking to you." He didn't try to persuade me to go to his church. He let the Lord lead me.
I had peace in my soul, knowing if I died I would go to heaven, but the old Devil would say, "Now you know you didn't get saved. It takes more than that." But I had had a lot of emotional experiences and none of them saved me. When I got saved, I didn't have a big emotional outburst. I just recieved
Christ by faith, believing He died on the cross in my place, and was buried in the tomb, and arose on the third day. "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." (Romans 10:9-10)

Connie Sue
Dec 9th 2008, 03:18 AM
When I recieved Jesus as my Saviour, I was born again and became a child of God. "He came unto his own, and his own received him not. But as many as received him, to them gave he the power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God." (John 1:11-13)
This is true salvation, and it set me free from bondage to Satan and his demons. "And ye shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free indeed." (John 8:32-36) "And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will." (2Timothy 2:26)
My husband was a little upset about all this, but he agreed to go to church with me the next morning. The whole family went to the church together. I couldn't wait until Brother Rice gave the altar call so I could go up and let everyone know I had accepted Christ as my Saviour. I also requested membership in Calvary Baptist Church, and that night I followed the Lord in baptism in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

Connie Sue
Dec 9th 2008, 03:46 AM
I had such peace about knowing that I was saved, but I realized that my family was still not saved, so I began to fast and pray about that. I had to go out of town on Tuesday, October 9, which was our wedding anniversary.
Brother Rice told my husband that he was coming over to our house Tuesday night. Dock told him that I wouldn't be home. Brother Rice said, "That's alright. i'm not coming to see her. It's you I need to talk to." Brother Rice and his brother, Michael Rice, came to our house while I was gone, and on our wedding anniversary, Brother Rice led my husband to the Lord. The following Sunday, October 14, Dock made it known openly to the church that he had been saved and wanted to become a member of Calvary Baptist Church. He followed the Lord in baptism that night.
Our daughter, Karen Sue (called Susie), had accepted Christ as her Saviour in the winter of 1978. She was a member of the First Baptist Church in the town where we lived. Our oldest dayghter , Teresa, who had spoken in tongues when I did, didn't understand all of it, and when I would try to witness to her, she would say, "Mom, you're crazy. Leave me alone." I was fasting and praying about that and about Shane, who is the baby of the family.
One night soon after I accepted Christ as my Saviour, our daughters came into our bedroom and they were afraid. They said, "Mom, there is something in our bedroom. An evil presence came up beside our bed in there," I took the Bible in their room and read James 4:7-8, which says, "Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double-minded." The evil presence left, and they went back to bed and slept alright the rest of the night.

Connie Sue
Dec 9th 2008, 04:15 AM
About three weeks after I was saved, Teresa was with several other teenagers, and they went to an old Indian cemetery outside of town. They were all acting silly there at the cemetery. Teresa said she was standing by one of the graves, and she was on fire. The other kids said she started backing up and was as white as a sheet. They said she backed up for quite some distance, and then she passed out. When she came to, she told them to take her home, that she had to talk to her Mom.
She came in scared to death and said, "Mom, I don't want to die and go to hell. Get the Bible and show me how to be saved. " I read her scripture in Romans, and she called Brother Rice on the phone and talk to him that night.
The next day Dock was going over to Calvary Baptist Academy to do some work, so Teresa and I went with him. Brother Rice read Teresa the scriptures again, and she bowed her head and accepted Christ as her Saviour. That was on Saturday. The next day she made it known openly at church that she had been saved, joined Calvary Baptist and was baptized that night.
Our son Shane was saved just a little while after Teresa was. He was baptized and became a member of Calvary Baptist also. Our daughter Susie went to the after that, and she was accepted as a member of Calvary Baptist Church by letter from the First Baptist Church in the town where we lived.

Connie Sue
Dec 9th 2008, 04:34 AM
I called the office where I had worked and asked them if I could have
my job back. The man who had been my supervisor when I first went to work had been promoted to co-ordinator over several surveys. He helped
me get my job back. The man that had given me his testimony on my birthday was scheduled to be interviewed in two weeks after I accepted Christ as my Saviour. I didn't tell the office his name or what had happened, but they gave his case to another interviewer to do.
My sister, who went through a lot of this with me, and her family are now in church with us at Calvary. Her husband accepted Christ as his Saviour in July of 1980, was baptized, and became a member of Calvary Baptist Church. My sister had been a member of that other church since she was just a kid. On April 5, 1981, she went to the altar at Calvary Baptist Church and told the church that she knew she couldn't base her salvation on tongues or any good works, but that she had to depend on the blood of Christ and what He did on the cross. And she said that she knew she couldn't keep her salvation, either; that He keeps, too She presented herself for membership in Calvary Baptist Church and will be baptized soon.

Connie Sue
Dec 9th 2008, 04:53 AM
I pray that anyone who is basing their salvation on anything other than what Christ did for them on the cross will wake up and just, by faith, accept Christ as personal Saviour. You can speak in tongues all you want, you can be baptized all you want, and you can do good works, you want but if you
don't come to the knowledge that you are a lost sinner and on your way to a devil's hell and ask Jesus Christ to come into your heart and save you, you
will die and go to hell. I know that if I had died in the condition I was in before I accepted Christ as my Saviour, I would have gone to hell. I thank
the Lord every day that He had mercy on me and saved me and saved my family.
There is one thing that I pray everyone who reads this will understand:
when no one else could help me, Jesus could. He is there in the darkest hour of the night. When no one, including your own family, can understand or help you, He is a friend that sticks closer than a brother. I just pray that you won't wait until you get in the condition I was in before you accept Him. It could be to late. The sweetest thing is to know that He understands when no one else does.

Connie Sue
Dec 9th 2008, 05:45 AM
Before I accepted Christ as my Saviour, I had heard people say it was a peace that passes all understanding. Now I know what they meant. When everythings is going wrong, and I don't know where to turn, I go to my Father in heaven, and He directs my path. I can't see the obstacles ahead, but he can. I wouldn't trade my fellowship with Him for all the gold and silvver in this world. Anyone who is reading this and has not accepted Christ as Saviour by faith is by-passing the most presious gift, eternal life.
I am a child of the King, and He owns everything. You can have your treasures here on earth; I'll lay my treasures up in heaven. I used to say that I wouldn't go to church because I couldn't live up to salavation; but, you know, I don't have to. Jesus paid my sin debt once and for all on Calvary's cross, and I am clothed in His righteousness. If it had been up to me to earn my salvation or keep my salvation, I would have had to die and go to hell. I'm not worthy. But, thank God, it's Jesus all the way.

Connie Sue
Dec 9th 2008, 12:39 PM
Sharon, my youngest sister, was a church member and Sunday school teacher for several years. Then she realized that she was trusting in the gift of tongues and good works for salvation. On September 20,1985, she accepted the blood that Jesus shed for her and the free gift of salvation.
My mother was a church member for over fifty years. For the first time in her life, March 7, 1993 , God showed her that she was lost and on her way to hell. She accepted the grace of God and was saved March 7, 1993. My mother had depended upon the tongues and good works for salvation, for over fifty years.

Amen.

Connie Sue
Dec 11th 2008, 04:23 PM
I talk to my friend just the other night to make sure I remember how this all began. This is my story.

It was the summer of 1984, I was with my sister Debra R. I don't remember talking to her about going to church, and she doesn't remember stopping these ladies and asking if they had a bus route. :lol:
I remember we were on our way back to Deb's house when we stopped the ladies. My friend Linda told me that her and Bernice had been out looking for someone to go to church. She said when we stopped them and ask if we could ride their bus to church, they started laughing. They couldn't believe it.

If I remember this right, I the first night we went to church invited a friend to go with us. And Brother Rice's sermon was about hell. I don't remember ever hearing a sermon on hell. During the services our friend's kid's were moving around and making a bit of noise. I was so focused on what Brother Rice to really know what was going on around me. I remember a lady telling the kids to be quiet. I watched Brother Rice as he walked back and forth across podium pulling at his face as he cried out "THE WORM DIETH NOT AND THE FIRE IS NOT QUENCHED!" This frighten me.
Our friend was very upset with this lady for telling her kids to be quiet she never went back to the church. I don't remember Deb ever going back either.
After hearing this sermon on hell, I was concerned about my husband going to hell, and I would have my Bible ready to read scriptures to him when he got home. He stopped coming right home after work, so I stopped preaching to him. At the time I was preaching to him I had no idea that I wasn't saved.
Linda never failed to be at my door on a Saturday visitation. It wasn't long after I had started going to this church that Bernice came with Linda on one of the visits. This was the first time she asked me if I was saved. I avoided the question and told her about the time I spoke in tongues when I was eleven years old. Before she left she gave me the book she had written "How I Was Demon Possessed."
At first I didn't want to read the book, because it was about demons.
I remember Bernice telling me that she and her family had been in a church where they spoke in tongues. I knew what she was, was my experience was demonic, and that I really wasn't saved. I finally did read the book. It really upset me. I didn't know what to believe. I think I just got angry, I didn't want to believe that my experience wasn't from God, and that it was something demonic. I just couldn't believe it. Me and my kids went to church there off and on for about a year.
My Husband and I moved because we lived on a very busy street.
After we moved I became very depressed. My husband had always been verbally abusive. Not only that but he was never really there for me. I had just gotten to the point where I just wanted to lay down and die. I ended up going to my Mother's and before this I had never had a problem with drinking.
In fact I couldn't count the times on one hand.
My Mother and my two Brother's drank. I started drinking with them, then I started going to the bars, and staying out all night. I was getting the attention that I never really got at home as a kid or even when I was with my husband. This was nice! It was like I became someone else.

MercyChild
Dec 11th 2008, 04:40 PM
What a story................still following:hug:

matthew7and1
Dec 11th 2008, 06:51 PM
yes this is awesome

Connie Sue
Dec 11th 2008, 06:56 PM
I became someone else alright. Someone who became so consumed to satisfy a desire to just feel loved. See one of the things my husband would tell me is "No man would ever want you", I think I was just trying to prove to myself that he was wrong. I felt so trapped by my husband, he was very jealous, and controlling. I had always felt so alone. But when I got out there drinking and started mingling with people, I finally felt free, I no longer felt alone or depressed. But this new found freedom lead me to thinking of myself more than my childern. In a way I felt everything was OK. My children were with my family and they were being took care of. My husband had called me wanting me to come home, I would never go back to him after the way he had treated me.

I went to my mother's because I was so depressed, I really was in dire need of psychiatrist. The day my husband and I separated I had gone to see a doctor earlier that day because I was feeling so depression. I will never forget that day. When I left the doctor's office the rain started pouring down, I was drenched by the time I got home, and he was standing at the door when I got there. I wouldn't go in, because I was afriad of what he would do to me because I had left the kids with a sitter. I told him I wanted to go to my Mother's. He said, "OK" AND i went in and gathered our clothes and he took us to get a bus to St. Louis. I remember feeling so numb all the way there.

I can't remember just how long it took for things (me) to get completely
out of control. I thought I had it all together once things were going according to my plans. When I went out I never planned on staying out all night, but if I did I would at least try to make it in before my mother went to work. I couldn't see then, how careless and irresponsible I was.
After my husband had called wanting me to come home, I decided he should take some of the burden off me, so I sent our two sons to live with him. Not knowing I would never get to see them again. After all he did want me to come home. So I never expected what was about to happen. I guess that day will haunt me for the rest of my life. The picture of my youngest son crying as he got in the car.

Connie Sue
Dec 11th 2008, 09:25 PM
It wasn't long after my two boy were taken to their father that I got a
call from my mother, I can't remember exactly what she said. I just remember her saying they took my two daughters to their father. I was in shock. I remember saying no, no, no, no, this can't be, how could they do this to me? Just before they took my daughter too their father, I had taken a handful of pills, I believe I was suicidal then. I had my daughters with me. I knew I had to get them back to my family, because I thought I WAS GOING TO DIE, I could bearly get a word out. I called my mother and asked if she could come and get me and the daughters. She had been to the place where I was staying, so she knew where we were. there's no doubt this is why they took them away. I was so hurt, so angry. I couldn't go back to my mother's and face any of my family, after what they did. I felt like they should have handled it in a different way. They never cared much for me any way. They
like him better than they did me. :confused:cry:
It soon became very obvious when some of my family went to stay with him instead of trying to find me. If it sound like I may still have some issues
I guess I do. I don't know why I'm even trying to write this I'm feeling very depressed right now. My doctor had to change the medications I was taking for depression, so I'm not feeling very well at all. Please pray for me.
I wanted to get my testimony on here. I think I need to go to the hospital for a few days, so they can get my meds regulated and I can better by christmas. I :pray: My two daughters are supose to be here.
Anyways, where was I? :hmm: OK, I got involved with a drug dealer, I had
no problems getting my drugs then. He was very sweet at first, then he became violent. This man was into drug trafficing. He had also spent time for murder, over a drug deal.

Connie Sue
Dec 11th 2008, 10:02 PM
I thought I had gotton away from him, but he found. Who else would know where I was but my family? :confused He came right into this business my Brother had. He said he had watching me. I remember I was setting out back
by myself and a police officer come up and ask me my name, what I was doing there. He shows up after this happened.
I did go back with him, crazy I know! I'm kinda getting off track here, but to just share with you some of the things that happened to me. We were at a friends house. We were all high as usual, I just got up and walk out the door, I can't remember if I told him what I was doing or not. Anyways he comes after me. He said, he said something and I just kept walking. So he attacked me. He punched me in my mouth, and I fell to the ground. We're on the road, and he just starts stomping my head. OUCH! I had blood running down my blouse. The police station wasn't very far from where we were at, so I walk into the police station and look at them, ans just turn around and walked out and into a park that was across the street. It took them a couple of minutes to get over :rolleyes: I'm just across the street.
I finally left him and went to a town close to my home town. Thats when I met this guy, I was with him for 2 or 3 years. I was still using drugs, by this time I had graduated to using a needle. It was when I was here that I got under conviction. I remember being terrified of going to sleep, I was afraid of dying, I was scared out of my wits. I started reading the Bible and really searching for God. I coudln't stop thinking about Bernice and Linda. I kept thinking call Bernice and go to Linda's.

Connie Sue
Dec 11th 2008, 11:01 PM
I went to Linda's she had know idea what was going on with me, and fro some reason I didn't tell her. Linda's place was like a refuge to me. Linda wasn't very happy with me keeping her up late at night. Linda had a lot of testimonies on tapes. I must have listened to them all, and I was just so hungry for the Word of God. I couldn't sleep, and I had a hundred questions. :D She was so angry about this, she told her sister I was keeping her up late. I can just see how the devil was working against us, and I see how God brought about the things that happened to get me just where I needed to be to get saved.
Linda would go to her brother's house every year. She was undecided
whether or not to let me stay there. She let me stay, :pp :D
On a February the 15, 1991. It was a friday night, I went to an old friend of my mother's to play dominos'. It got late an dI didn't want to walk back to Linda's house, so I stayed there that night and another friend that was there gave me a ride to Linda's house the next morning. When I tried to open the front door, it was locked from the inside. :hmm: I went to the back door, put the key in to ope the door and stopped before I even turned the knob. I'm thinking someone could be in there. So I walked to the Police Station. When we got to the house I took the Police Officer around the to show him the damage that had been done. I walk on around to the side of the house and look in the window and I see someone standing in the doorway of the bedroom. I get a good look at him and realize who it is. Then I yell "Open the door", he opens the door and goes back to the bedroom and gets back in bed :rolleyes: I was so mad. We argued a few minutes about who was supposed be be there. I called him a liar and hauled off and slap him. The Police Officer was quick to say "Now that not necessary". This young guy that broke into the house was a friend of Linda's.
He starts crying and then I start crying, I go in and tell him I'm sorry and ask if there was someone I could call. He said, "yes" so I called this person, and he came and got him.

Connie Sue
Dec 12th 2008, 01:12 AM
I'm there feeling bad about slapping this young man and a scrupture comes to mind, "be angry and sin not". I wasn't sure what it meant, I just knowI was feeling terrible for being so angry with this young man, and slapping him.
I thought about calling Bernice again. So I went into the bedroom and set down on the bed and made the call. I told her all about what had happened, and she repplys with "Connie do you know you're saved?" I didn't say anything. She said, " hang up the phone and pray about it, and God will show you". She said , "You need to pin point a time when you got saved, because if you can't, you will burst hell wide open". I hung up the phone and
walked into the front room stop turned around and called her back. I didn't even have to give it a thought, I knew I had never accepted Jesus Christ as my saviour. I called her back, I begin to cry as I told her I wasn't saved. I asks her if she would come over. She said she would but it would be a couple of hours. I was a little suprised when she didn't say I will be right there.
I paced the floor, and walked to the front door then the back. I stopped
and looked out the front door, and thought about Linda asking somebody where would they go if they died right now. I remember someone saying something like what if you were in a car accident do you know where you would go? I remember thinking I can't go outside. I walked from the front door to the back door. I remember thinking I can't wait two hours, I know I'm lost and If I die right now I'm going to hell, I know what I need to do, so I got on my knees and asks God to forgive me of my sins, I can't remember exactly what I said, I just know he heard me when I asks him to forgive me.
I know I cried for a long time. At last my search was over. The search that would fill that void was Jesus. He loved me so much He died for me. I remember thinking no one has ever loved me, but Jesus loves me, He gave
his life so that I could be with Him someday. I seemed like I was on my face
for hours just crying and thanking him for loving someone like me.
I was saved February 16th, 1991, at about 10:30 Saturday morning.

I thank God for Brother Rice, who has now passed on. I thank God for sending Bernice my way, and for Linda. Linda showed me compassion and love when nobody else would. Linda and I have been friends for over 20 years. I thank God for her, she is the only Christain friend I have.

Revelation 3:20
Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

:amen: