PDA

View Full Version : I'm confused

BlessedAngel
Dec 9th 2008, 12:21 AM
I'm really confused when it comes to the rapture... So I'm going to bullet my questions and hopefully I can get some answers :]]

Is Babylon in the process of being rebuilt? I read somewhere that it was before the war in Iraq started.
Can someone briefly explain to me what the 1,000 years are all about? Does this mean 1,000 years after the comming of God or is it just saying after 1,000 years the rapture will happen??
I heard somewhere that when the anti christ comes back, he will be colored, and will be from an Island.. where is this said in the bible? Because I have yet to find this..
And finally, is it true that when the antichrist comes, he will target british and americans first?
I'm sure I'll think of many more questions as I read more, but for now this is all I can think to ask.. Thanks!

-Angel

Dara5
Dec 9th 2008, 01:16 AM
Hmmm. Well I think I can answer a little about your first bullet point for now. I have also heard of the same, and that Saddam was rebuilding or restoring the ancient city of Babylon.

I saw some pics in a book, I believe the author of the book was Grant Jeffrey but don't hold me to that. Anyway supposedly Saddam had excavated some of the original bricks used in the walls and gates and was using those to build. He had even had some of the original artwork or caligraphy redone on the gate.

HisLeast
Dec 9th 2008, 01:24 AM
Hey Angel,

Your best bet, in complete honesty, is to read the text. Its 22 chapters long so reading 4 chapters a day can have you finished in a week. I only suggest this because there are some truly crazy ideas floating out there, so making sense of revelations based on hearsay is going to get you into dangerous territory.

For an even better understanding of Revelations, read it after you've read the rest of the New Testament. It takes a little longer, but provides much more insight to the text.

For EVEN BETTER results, read it after you've read both the Old Testament and the New. This of course, takes much longer, but you get immeasurable benefits.

Revelations is a hard study because it has a lot of symbolism. Without a comfortable knowledge of the rest of the Word, may have you missing some of those symbols as they were used in other places of the text.

HisLeast
Dec 9th 2008, 01:34 AM
1) Is Babylon in the process of being rebuilt? I read somewhere that it was before the war in Iraq started.

2)Can someone briefly explain to me what the 1,000 years are all about? Does this mean 1,000 years after the comming of God or is it just saying after 1,000 years the rapture will happen??

3)I heard somewhere that when the anti christ comes back, he will be colored, and will be from an Island.. where is this said in the bible? Because I have yet to find this.

4)And finally, is it true that when the antichrist comes, he will target british and americans first?I'm sure I'll think of many more questions as I read more, but for now this is all I can think to ask.. Thanks!

To answer your questions (hope you don't mind that I numbered them)...

1) Depends who you ask. There's a massive archeological set up there right now. Weather that constitutes "rebuilding" is anybody's guess. Who know's what they'll do with a few more years of crazy oil revenue. There are also those who believe "Babylon" isn't a literal Babylon. There's detailed studies on both sides.

2) This is probably the least likely thing to get a brief answer on. Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennialism)has a halfway decent article outlining the major points of view you'll find out there.

3) That definitely sounds fishy.

4) You definitely won't find that in scripture unless you look for that meaning specifically (horrible strategy!).

RevLogos
Dec 9th 2008, 02:56 AM
I'm really confused when it comes to the rapture... So I'm going to bullet my questions and hopefully I can get some answers :]]

Is Babylon in the process of being rebuilt? I read somewhere that it was before the war in Iraq started.
Can someone briefly explain to me what the 1,000 years are all about? Does this mean 1,000 years after the comming of God or is it just saying after 1,000 years the rapture will happen??
I heard somewhere that when the anti christ comes back, he will be colored, and will be from an Island.. where is this said in the bible? Because I have yet to find this..
And finally, is it true that when the antichrist comes, he will target british and americans first?

I'm sure I'll think of many more questions as I read more, but for now this is all I can think to ask.. Thanks!

-Angel

On Babylon, as someone else posted, Saddam had done some work there and had big plans for it. He was a bit of a narcissist and thought of himself as a modern day Nebuchadnezzar. The ancient city isn't to far outside of Baghdad. In Rev 18 Babylon is described in great detail, and it is seen as being destroyed. There is more on it in chapter 17. There is considerable debate in these forums about what this represents: A city, possibly Jerusalem, or a country, or the New World Order. Personally I think it represents the declining Western states, possibly a conglomerate of the US and other Western countries. Lots of debate here, but it may not matter that much since other verses say Satan gathers his armies from the four corners of the world, and all nations will be against Israel.

The Millennium is discussed in Rev 20, and nowhere else (at least not the specific 1000 years). Lots of debate here: Is the 1000 years literal, or just representative of a long period of time? Above someone gave a link to Wikipedia. Ordinarily I wouldn't recommend a Wikipedia site, but this one does have a good chart comparing the amil vs. premil views. Premil says the 1000 years is literal and begins after the Second Coming. The premil view requires two judgments and two world wars against Satan. The Amil view takes the 1000 years as non-literal, and begins with Jesus' resurrection and ends at the end of the tribulations. It requires one war and one judgment. There are two active threads on this now. Lots of heated debate on this.

No verses saying anything about the AC being colored or from an island. None at all.

No such detail on who the AC will attack first. This is covered most in Rev 13. The AC (the Beast) and his cohort the False Prophet, mostly focus on Christians. I suspect he will be leading Babylon, which is probably degenerate Western countries fallen into sin. But lots of debate on that too.

Much of this is highly symbolic. What one believes depends to a degree on what one considers literal and what is symbolic. Debates get heated when people claim to know the truth. No one knows the exact timeline of events but God. We do our best to interpret, but no one "knows".

The only thing I know for certain is that Jesus will return. There are problems in this world now that humans cannot resolve.

markdrums
Dec 9th 2008, 02:59 PM
Hey Angel,

Your best bet, in complete honesty, is to read the text. Its 22 chapters long so reading 4 chapters a day can have you finished in a week. I only suggest this because there are some truly crazy ideas floating out there, so making sense of revelations based on hearsay is going to get you into dangerous territory.

For an even better understanding of Revelations, read it after you've read the rest of the New Testament. It takes a little longer, but provides much more insight to the text.

For EVEN BETTER results, read it after you've read both the Old Testament and the New. This of course, takes much longer, but you get immeasurable benefits.

Revelations is a hard study because it has a lot of symbolism. Without a comfortable knowledge of the rest of the Word, may have you missing some of those symbols as they were used in other places of the text.

This is DEFINITELY the best advice for learning how to increase your understanding of Revelation!! (Not to mention the REST of the Bible as well...)

The Writers of the New Testament were very familiar with the OLD Testament, & used many of the same symbolisms, metaphors, judgment language...etc.
Learning the meanings of of these things from the O.T. will help you understand what they mean in the N.T.

;)

Veretax
Dec 10th 2008, 12:38 PM
This is DEFINITELY the best advice for learning how to increase your understanding of Revelation!! (Not to mention the REST of the Bible as well...)

The Writers of the New Testament were very familiar with the OLD Testament, & used many of the same symbolisms, metaphors, judgment language...etc.
Learning the meanings of of these things from the O.T. will help you understand what they mean in the N.T.

;)

I would also say that a cursory study of Ezekiel and Daniel are important too, if not the rest of the Prophetic works.

Prophet Daniel
Dec 17th 2008, 01:41 PM
I'm really confused when it comes to the rapture...

That is Holy Spirit talking to you!

Is Babylon in the process of being rebuilt? No, Babylon means confusion and there is plenty around. I think it is already there. First the natural and then the spiritual. 1Cor15. In revelation Jerusalem is called Sodom and Egypt without any riddles straightforward. I'll send you the verse later no bible around. This tells me we are looking at physical buildings instead of spiritual.

Can someone briefly explain to me what the 1,000 years are all about?
Day with the Lord is as a thousand years 2Pet3:8 Psalms
The day of the Lord is the day you become a Christian till the day you die.
At ressurection there will be no more time, day or night or even anything to rule over. "one day in Your court is better than a thousand elsewhere"

Does this mean 1,000 years after the comming of God or is it just saying after 1,000 years the rapture will happen?? Or if there is any rapture at all! Father I pray that you do not take them out of this world but deliver them from evil Jon 17:15 or 15:17 Can't remember

I heard somewhere that when the anti christ comes back, he will be colored, and will be from an Island.. where is this said in the bible? Because I have yet to find this.. "Antipasta' in a Italian restaurant means "instead of the pasta" Therefore could it mean that antichrist means "intead of Christ"? Christ means "anointed one" and Christian also. Could it be that your "old self" the "old man" was sitting in "the temple", (your body) as if he is God?
The word "heroin' in scripture depicts a physical temple where the people walken in and out. The word "naos" was used when Jesus was referring to His Body as a temple .... Guess which greek word is used where it talks about the antichrist that will sit in the temple as if he is God in 2Thess2:4?
And finally, is it true that when the antichrist comes, he will target british and americans first? The antichrist is the old man ?

-Angel

My comments might not be what you want to hear but they could be true!

vinsight4u8
Dec 17th 2008, 02:22 PM
I think that Scripture shows the ac will come from Iraq.

Go look at the end of Zechariah chapter 5.

This chapter tells us why Shinar must rise again and be wicked.
The 20 by 10 curse is due on the Shinar land - for the sins of Nebuchadnezzar at the holy site.
The 20 by 10 place is the size that is given in the Bible for the porch of the temple built by Solomon.

As in - Nebuchadnezzar II entered God's 20 by 10 location -so now his land will have this curse enter into it.
This requires that one day Shinar will be destroyed as to even the timber and the stones of it must be consumed.

To do this - Shinar must in the end times get rebuilt.

Shinar is the plain between the Tigris and the Euphrates rivers in Iraq.

vinsight4u8
Dec 17th 2008, 02:29 PM
Continue on into chapter 6 and find that it deals with the north country and the south country events that will happen in the latter days of the brass (Greek Empire).

north country - Babylon
south coutnry - Egypt

horses

seals of Rev. 6

Chapter 5 ended with letting us know that Shinar is coming back - at the appointed time - as in stork time.

So - when is that?
Chapter 6 shows us - it wil be the latter end days of the Greek Empire area.

black horses - to the north country
-so in Iraq - sit those horses waiting for the unsealing of the first rider

white followed them
- so in Iraq sat white horses - showing us the first ruler of Iraq
the time of the monarchy
this seal - I believe is over

Zechariah was told that these are the four spirits of the heavens - and in chapter 5's closing part - we learned that a house must be built in Shinar.

the ephah - from Shinar
was taken back - by the wind to Shinar

to build it a house

To build a house - palace
throne
takes the spirit of wisdom and with understanding one gets a crown delivered to them

Proverbs 4:7-9