PDA

View Full Version : The mark

InSchoolStudy
Dec 9th 2008, 03:38 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGpIT2bVZDw&eurl=http://gizmodo.com/5103530/president+elect-obama-loves-the-internet-pledges-to-bring-it-everywhere?autoplay=true

In today's Change.gov YouTube video, President-Elect Obama sounded off on a few tech ideas that have, frankly, been a long time coming. He notes that the States ranks 15th in the world in broadband adoption, and lays out his plan to bring networking to all public domains.Usually, Obama tosses in a mention or two about how important technology is, but today, we really see what he plans to do. He pledges to have broadband internet access available to all Americans, and promises to bring networked access to every doctor's office, public school, and hospital. Part of Obama's economic recovery plan will go directly to modernizing public hospitals, first and foremost to digitize all medical records.
He does leave out certain important concepts, most importantly how he's going to pay for all this, and I'm unclear on how exactly he plans to force ISPs into reaching into parts of the country where they can't turn a profit.

To me it sounds like the end times era because of all teh technology and then sooner or later you will get chips or a 'mark' essentially that you use to pay for your food and buy stuff with, which is just another way of the government to watch you.

Am I completely wrong on this or does it sound like this is where we are heading?

quiet dove
Dec 9th 2008, 03:48 AM
It seems that we are having more technology and less privacy shoved down our throats because it is a good thing for us.:rolleyes: The only way you can control people is to know what they are doing. Their money, food and health have to be under the authority of those who want control, but knowing what people are doing is priority for control.

InSchoolStudy
Dec 9th 2008, 03:59 AM
So, you agree? Its almost scary to think about.

bthafree
Dec 9th 2008, 04:03 AM
Just my two cents but, maybe the mark mentioned in people's foreheads and hands are them doing work for the devil's cause or church, rather than something physical implanted into our skin?

quiet dove
Dec 9th 2008, 04:14 AM
So, you agree? Its almost scary to think about.

I think there is going to be some type of mark that is representing a persons loyalty to the AC, who they believe to be a god, or god. I don't thing that the chips will necessarily be "the mark", but a handy way to keep up and have more control because they could know where you are, what you are doing, a good way for folks to loose their privacy. But "the mark" will have to be more than that, though including that. I feel like "the mark" will be taken willingly and will indicate ones loyalty to the false and denial of the Truth. However, like I said, a micro chip would sure make it easier to keep up with who is loyal and who is not. Keeping up with who is doing what and control.

InSchoolStudy
Dec 9th 2008, 04:21 AM
So we ( in your perspective ) would not be forced to take the mark? Just pointing this out because in every day life I have, well not denied Christ but, not brought him up when when its religion talk or what ever, but like, being executed or taking the mark I dont think I would take it but I dont you... eh might not know what im saying.

bthafree
Dec 9th 2008, 04:26 AM
I agree, very true about our privacy being submitted more and more these days for the govt. sake. The new apple i phone lets you know where your friends are at. Which if they already have that technology for everyday Americans, it makes you think what the more well funded govt. has up their sleeves. All in all though, God is in control. Amen

quiet dove
Dec 9th 2008, 04:36 AM
So we ( in your perspective ) would not be forced to take the mark? Just pointing this out because in every day life I have, well not denied Christ but, not brought him up when when its religion talk or what ever, but like, being executed or taking the mark I dont think I would take it but I dont you... eh might not know what im saying.

I feel like it would be defeating the purpose of the mark if we were forced to do so. Plus, how could God penalize us if we were held down and "marked".

Satan wants to be God, he wants followers and worship. So the mark separates those who are willing to worship him, sell their soul for their physical life (including food or not getting their head chopped off) from those who refuse to worship him and sell their souls.

There will be much deception, deep deception. Taking the mark, I think, will be a statement of defiance and rejection of Jesus Christ and acceptance of what ever nonsense the AC is preaching, which at some point will be he is God and people will be so far deep into deception they will, in their minds, be taking the mark of God, not an AC or the devil, (as in bad guy). They will think he is great and choose to worship him and thus take his mark.

But those who refuse, will die.

quiet dove
Dec 9th 2008, 04:37 AM
I agree, very true about our privacy being submitted more and more these days for the govt. sake. The new apple i phone lets you know where your friends are at. Which if they already have that technology for everyday Americans, it makes you think what the more well funded govt. has up their sleeves. All in all though, God is in control. Amen

Yea, really, wonder if they are reading this?

ross3421
Dec 9th 2008, 04:56 AM
Just my two cents but, maybe the mark mentioned in people's foreheads and hands are them doing work for the devil's cause or church, rather than something physical implanted into our skin?

Correct. Do we think those accepting the mark believe they are accepting the mark of Satan and are forced to take it? No. They will wilingly take the mark becuase they believe it is the mark of God and with it comes all riches. Remember the one giving the mark claims to be God. But they are lacking the spirit and rather want to gain the whole world but in fact are losing their soul. As you rightly describe they will become Satan's ie. church but believe they are God's church.

Truthfully, I am not yet sure what the mark will be but it will not be a micro chip. You can't worship a chip. Actually chip technology is good advancement for the future but many will say this is the mark however this is not the case.

Mark.

bthafree
Dec 9th 2008, 04:57 AM
The govt. can't hurt us, Psalm 56:11 says. . . "In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me." If we have to die for the sake of Jesus being our Savior, then so be it, because Jesus died for us, the least we could do is show the devil that we will refuse until the last breath and in doing so, glorify God and Jesus. Amen

ross3421
Dec 9th 2008, 05:15 AM
I think there is going to be some type of mark that is representing a persons loyalty to the AC, who they believe to be a god, or god. I don't thing that the chips will necessarily be "the mark", but a handy way to keep up and have more control because they could know where you are, what you are doing, a good way for folks to loose their privacy. But "the mark" will have to be more than that, though including that. I feel like "the mark" will be taken willingly and will indicate ones loyalty to the false and denial of the Truth. However, like I said, a micro chip would sure make it easier to keep up with who is loyal and who is not. Keeping up with who is doing what and control.

Will there need to be "control" once all those which reject it are done away? Meaning those remaining will be as one with the king. Likewise in the true kingdom of God......

Also, many see a need for the mark as "control" becuase they see the landscape as today, with population scattered across the globe. However, I see when the time of Babylon arises population is centrally located around the city which all inhabinants will come to this city on the sabbath to worship the king. Another clue is that we see this city in the midst of a wilderness.

Mark

DurbanDude
Dec 9th 2008, 09:48 AM
Not really relevant , but isn't this going backwards in technology? Everything is going wireless nowadays , and the mark most likely will involve wireless technology too.

Every year here in SA the price of wireless goes down so at the moment its just as cheap to surf the internet through a cellphone simcard than though the phone network.

quiet dove
Dec 9th 2008, 07:22 PM
Will there need to be "control" once all those which reject it are done away? Meaning those remaining will be as one with the king. Likewise in the true kingdom of God......

Also, many see a need for the mark as "control" becuase they see the landscape as today, with population scattered across the globe. However, I see when the time of Babylon arises population is centrally located around the city which all inhabinants will come to this city on the sabbath to worship the king. Another clue is that we see this city in the midst of a wilderness.

Mark

The powers that be will still want to control their "loyal" subjects. If for no other reason than no more cheating on taxes. For example.

Luke34
Dec 9th 2008, 07:24 PM
The Internet is just the latest in "relatively new technologies that people are really scared of for no good reason." There is no possible way that "Every American should have internet access" can be construed as...well, anything at all evil, or even bad.

mdo757
Dec 10th 2008, 06:15 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGpIT2bVZDw&eurl=http://gizmodo.com/5103530/president+elect-obama-loves-the-internet-pledges-to-bring-it-everywhere?autoplay=true

In today's Change.gov YouTube video, President-Elect Obama sounded off on a few tech ideas that have, frankly, been a long time coming. He notes that the States ranks 15th in the world in broadband adoption, and lays out his plan to bring networking to all public domains.Usually, Obama tosses in a mention or two about how important technology is, but today, we really see what he plans to do. He pledges to have broadband internet access available to all Americans, and promises to bring networked access to every doctor's office, public school, and hospital. Part of Obama's economic recovery plan will go directly to modernizing public hospitals, first and foremost to digitize all medical records.
He does leave out certain important concepts, most importantly how he's going to pay for all this, and I'm unclear on how exactly he plans to force ISPs into reaching into parts of the country where they can't turn a profit.

To me it sounds like the end times era because of all teh technology and then sooner or later you will get chips or a 'mark' essentially that you use to pay for your food and buy stuff with, which is just another way of the government to watch you.

Am I completely wrong on this or does it sound like this is where we are heading? What is certain is that when you can no longer buy, sale, or trade, with out some kind of mark; then you will know your there.

InSchoolStudy
Dec 10th 2008, 07:20 AM
I feel like it would be defeating the purpose of the mark if we were forced to do so. Plus, how could God penalize us if we were held down and "marked".

Satan wants to be God, he wants followers and worship. So the mark separates those who are willing to worship him, sell their soul for their physical life (including food or not getting their head chopped off) from those who refuse to worship him and sell their souls.

There will be much deception, deep deception. Taking the mark, I think, will be a statement of defiance and rejection of Jesus Christ and acceptance of what ever nonsense the AC is preaching, which at some point will be he is God and people will be so far deep into deception they will, in their minds, be taking the mark of God, not an AC or the devil, (as in bad guy). They will think he is great and choose to worship him and thus take his mark.

But those who refuse, will die.

Yea I could be completely wrong but I would think Jesus would allow the mark to be given to those who believe his lies, not those who are in fear. Because I know some of us have denied Christ in fear ( possibly? ) or like i said, not brought him up.

Also totally off topic but i dont want to make a new thread....

God can forgive us of anything, so if one was having trouble with a certain sin, God can help him with that..... wow dumb question..

quiet dove
Dec 10th 2008, 07:57 PM
Yea I could be completely wrong but I would think Jesus would allow the mark to be given to those who believe his lies, not those who are in fear.Because I know some of us have denied Christ in fear ( possibly? ) or like i said, not brought him up.
Peter denied Christ out of fear, but even if we have done that and I am sure many of us have, not even fear of our lives but fear of others just mocking us. We need to repent of that and bring our weaknesses to Christ because "stonger is He who is in me than he who is in the world" :hug:

Also totally off topic but i dont want to make a new thread....

God can forgive us of anything, so if one was having trouble with a certain sin, God can help him with that..... wow dumb question..God forgave Peter, He can and will forgive us. We need to take all things to Christ, not just including, but most certainly including the bad, weak, or other wise unpleasant things about ourselves. If "the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak" God knows, He knows our hearts, and there is not one single one of us that does not have weaknesses and faults, we must take them to Jesus in prayer, He is our High Priest and our Mediator, He died for us while we were still in our sins and now that we are in Him He doesn't just walk away, He sticks it out with us, He will never leave us.

Heb 4:15 For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

JaneA
Dec 15th 2008, 02:34 AM
God forgave Peter of denieing Him after Peter repented. However, in Revelation it says that anyone who recieves the Mark will have a part in the Lake of Fire, etc. So if anyone, even claiming to be a Chrisitan receives the mark out of fear, he or she is still doomed. This is scary but I believe God will give us grace to stand. Just as He gave those in the concentration camps grace to stand the persecution, many died but their soul was with God. Those in America who hold to pre-tribulation are in their comfort zone, Jesus said the world hated me it will hate you also. If you are really Christ disciple and not of the world the world will hate you.

quiet dove
Dec 15th 2008, 02:47 AM
I agree, I believe Jesus will be with those during those times to stand strong and refuse the mark also. In reading my last post it did appear I was saying that we could be afraid and take the mark and still be ok, that was bad communication skills on my part.

The thing to consider is now is the time to build our relationship with Christ because we never know when persecution could come our way. Persecution can come from the not so obvious to the very obvious such as goes on all over the earth with Christians being killed.

End time view really has nothing to do with it, as we should strive everyday to seeking to build our relationship with Him. Trials, tribulation and persecution can come at any time and come in many different ways. Not to mention we never know when our last breath will be and we will see Him.

SeattleSun
Dec 15th 2008, 02:53 AM
Taking the mark will be the "new" unforgivable sin. There's no turning back -- the line will and has been drawn in the sand.

1 Pet. 4:16 but if anyone suffers as a Christian, let him not feel ashamed, but in that name let him glorify God.

I give praise to Him that I AM a Christian and will not experience His wrath.

I myself, don't expect to get to that point. He will come for His bride. :pp

quiet dove
Dec 15th 2008, 06:41 PM
Taking the mark will be the "new" unforgivable sin. There's no turning back -- the line will and has been drawn in the sand.

1 Pet. 4:16 but if anyone suffers as a Christian, let him not feel ashamed, but in that name let him glorify God.

I give praise to Him that I AM a Christian and will not experience His wrath.

I myself, don't expect to get to that point. He will come for His bride. :pp

I agree, I just was thinking in a different context when I posted and then just realized last night what I had actually said. :eek:

I think when a person takes the mark they will be intentionally rejecting Jesus Christ, but that does mean dieing if you refuse (the mark). But Christ will equip His saints for the job at hand, just as He always has/does.

iyulchik
Dec 16th 2008, 10:50 PM
One thing I've always found interesting is that people make a huge deal about the mark of the beast in Revelation 13:16, 17, but I pretty much NEVER hear anything about the mark in Revelation 14:1 (some translations refer to it as a "mark" but some don't actually use the word "mark"). Why is that?

I agree with the person who said that the mark will not be something visible, but that things such as micro chips will help monitor our actions, which will ultimately show where we're going. Not saying our salvation is by works. I'm saying that if we live our lives with someone other than God in the #1 spot, heaven would not be a happy place for us, and therefore, we won't be going to heaven.

I've been doing some research recently and after my research and after reading the comments on here, this whole mark deal is becoming much clearer to me. But that's a discussion for another time and place. I'm still looking into it all for deeper understanding.

Partaker of Christ
Dec 16th 2008, 11:40 PM
Correct. Do we think those accepting the mark believe they are accepting the mark of Satan and are forced to take it? No. They will wilingly take the mark becuase they believe it is the mark of God and with it comes all riches. Remember the one giving the mark claims to be God. But they are lacking the spirit and rather want to gain the whole world but in fact are losing their soul. As you rightly describe they will become Satan's ie. church but believe they are God's church.

Truthfully, I am not yet sure what the mark will be but it will not be a micro chip. You can't worship a chip. Actually chip technology is good advancement for the future but many will say this is the mark however this is not the case.

Mark.

Hi Ross3421!

I don't think it says they worship the mark?

ross3421
Dec 17th 2008, 12:04 AM
Hi Ross3421!

I don't think it says they worship the mark?

My meaning was that they will worship the one whom the mark stands...

But who would the micro chip stand which is to be worshipped?

Re 14:11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

Got it?

IamBill
Dec 17th 2008, 04:00 PM
Some may find it rather interesting that -

During the Confirmation Hearing of Judge John G. Roberts ..sept 12, 05

And we'll be faced with equally consequential decisions in the 21st century.

Can a microscopic tag be implanted in a person's body to track his every movement? There's actual discussion about that.

You will rule on that -- mark my words -- before your tenure is over.

Can brain scans be used to determine whether a person's inclined toward criminality or violent behavior?

You will rule on that.

And, Judge, I need to know whether you will be a justice who believes that the constitutional journey must continue to speak to these consequential decisions or that we've gone far enough in protecting against government intrusion into our autonomy into the most personal decisions we make.

I'll post full transcript if wanted, I'll 'not' for the moment because many might be a bit shocked by who said this.