PDA

View Full Version : Discussion OSAS/NOSAS - the practical side

Pilgrimtozion
Dec 9th 2008, 02:44 PM
A lot of OSAS/NOSAS discussions come and go on this board. My intention with this thread is not to have even more debate on this topic. What I am interested in specifically is what kind of an practical impact your belief regarding OSAS/NOSAS has on your personal life.

How does it influence your spiritual and devotional life?
How does it influence other aspects of your life?

We have plenty of discussions on the theological side of things. Some people argue that it doesn't matter what you believe, but I'm not so sure of that. What I want to achieve through this thread is a greater mutual understanding of how your belief and another person's belief actually impacts your spiritual and daily life. Let's talk about the practical side of things for once - and let's try to do so without attacking another person's practical side or changing it into a theological discussion.

Rufus_1611
Dec 9th 2008, 02:49 PM
I've been a Calvinist and I've been an Arminianist. When I was Calvinist, I had to look at my works to prove that I was part of the "elect" and worried that I wasn't. When I was an Arminianist I had to work my way into Heaven and when I was honest with myself, I knew that my works were inadequate and I was headed to the Lake of Fire. When I understood the blessed assurance of free grace salvation, then I was able to rest, be at peace and thank Jesus Christ for the work He did to get me into Heaven, rather than anything I did. Then, when I understood that there is a race to be won and a prize to be obtained, then this caused me to seek after righteousness.

HisLeast
Dec 9th 2008, 02:58 PM
I think the OSAS / NOSAS debate is a red herring as...
1) there's no agreement on terms between the two sides
2) it deals in hypotheticals we can't hope to observe

I therefore disavow myself of the problem.

The practical aspects of this is one less thing to get stressed out about.

Firstfruits
Dec 9th 2008, 04:45 PM
Until I joined this forum I was not aware of OSAS or thought about NOSAS, I endevour to do that which is according to the gospel of Christ.

I know that there are dangers if I do not abide in Christ according to his word because that is what we shall be judged by.

Jas 2:12 (http://bibledatabase.org/cgi-bin/bib_search/bible.cgi?BIBLE=48&BOOK=59&CHAP=2&SEARCH=jesus king lord&Read=Read&FIRST=OK&HV=12) So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

2 Thess 1:8 (http://bibledatabase.org/cgi-bin/bib_search/bible.cgi?BIBLE=48&BOOK=53&CHAP=1&SEARCH=jesus king lord&Read=Read&FIRST=OK&HV=8) In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

1 Pet 4:17 (http://bibledatabase.org/cgi-bin/bib_search/bible.cgi?BIBLE=48&BOOK=60&CHAP=4&SEARCH=jesus king lord&Read=Read&FIRST=OK&HV=17) For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

God bless you!

Firstfruits