PDA

View Full Version : My friend Riley...

JesusMySavior
Dec 10th 2008, 02:29 AM
My friend needs some prayer. His name is Riley and we've known each other online for about 6 years now.

We've always had music in common which is how we met. He always seemed to be a "good" guy who grew up with Christian morals and a couple years after we met he told me he was indeed a Christian and was involved in church.

Well fast forward a few years, I get a major life make-over from God because He is faithful, and now I'm on fire for the Gospel. I'm talking to him and he says it's good that I'm on fire but he doesn't get some things. He's very confused and the enemy has sown major seeds of doubt. For ever phrase of faith he says, right after that is a flipside of total doubting or cursing. Talk about double-mindedness!

So I asked him the simple questions, like...why do you believe? why do you go to church? etc.

Turns out he has little to no testimony, he grew up in the church because his parents decided to go when he was younger. He constantly doubts the Word of God and cannot settle on what sin is and what it isn't. He has little solid ground to stand on and as a result he is shaken very easily. Being that he grew up in the church and now he no longer goes, since "talking one on one with a Christian is more church to me than a church", and he has little to no reason why he believes, I think he is lost.

I pray that our gracious God of favor would rain down mercy and love on him, that he would remove the scales from Riley's eyes and let him see that he needs a personal Savior because he is utterly lost without Jesus. Let Him see not religion, Lord, but see the God of the universe who created Him. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Thank you brothers and sisters in advance who are praying for him. I really want to see my friend reign victorious in Christ!

livingwaters
Dec 10th 2008, 03:48 AM
:pray::pray:Praying for Riley's awakening in Christ or to Christ, whichever the case may be...You just keep witnessing to him...let your light shine and don't compromise your faith...take him to church with you...get involved with other Christians...there are musicians in the Christian world....ask your pastor about this situation..put him on the prayer list at church and/or bible.com, which has a prayer request section and other great knowledgable topics, as well as several different bibles to choose from when you ask questions. When I pray for the lost, whether it be my family members or total strangers, I ask God to put "the right Christian" in their path...sometimes we will listen to a certain person more than any other...you know...so I ask that this particular Christian be able to speak a Word that will penetrate the heart of the lost one...only God can change hearts, but we are to tell others about Jesus and why HE died for our sins...keep praying for him!!!!:hug:

God Bless:)

IMINXTC
Dec 10th 2008, 04:02 AM
Lifting up your friend Riley, for the convicting power of the Holy Spirit to speak to his heart, that he may consider the brevity of life and come to the saving knowledge of Christ.

Praying that through your witness and the testimony of others that he would see the difference between salvation and church membership and that he would come to understand the cross to the saving of his soul.

Praying as well that the Lord would bless your efforts at helping your freind, and that He would give you the words to speak and that doors of opportunity would be opened.

Redneck Charger
Dec 10th 2008, 07:45 AM
Jesus.. please help Riley regain his thoughts and love for you..and Please Jesus, take care of him.. Please..:pray:

Ashley274
Dec 14th 2008, 02:07 AM
Praying for your friends salvation :hug::pray::pray: