PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Where are the friends of Christ?

Kings Daughter
Dec 10th 2008, 07:37 AM
I have been born again Christian for about 3 years now. Last year I had many friends in church, I was not short of any friends. Strangely though this year people dont want to join me. I cant seem to understand why I dont have any christian friends, the wierd thing is that the people of the world make me feel more comfortable around them than the Christians do. But all I want is spiritual friends around me cos the word of God says iron sharpens iron. I not sure if this is something God is taking me through or if this is something from the enemy.

I would really appreciate your responses.

Cara Lott
Dec 10th 2008, 07:04 PM
Does your church have a youth or young adults (depending on your age) group? If so, does it have a lot of "cliques" (groups of people who hang out together every week and rarely include new people) this year? Did a lot of your friends last year get promoted to a new class, move, or switch churches; is that maybe why you have fewer friends?
Strangely though this year people dont want to join me. Are you waiting for people to come to you or are you making an effort to be friends ("A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly..." Prov. 18:24a {KJV})?
...the wierd thing is that the people of the world make me feel more comfortable around them than the Christians do. Are your non-Christian friends as understanding when it comes to things like not drinking/partying, being kind to the little old lady in the store, talking about Jesus, etc.?
But all I want is spiritual friends around me cos the word of God says iron sharpens iron. It's okay to have some non-Christian friends as long as they aren't your closest friends (i.e. best friends, those you spend the most time with).

Sometimes I find it easier to make friends with one or two people at a time then a whole group. Try finding people who share the same interests as you; introduce yourself, then ask basic questions like fav color, fav animal, etc., being sure to tell them your answers, too.

Kings Daughter
Dec 11th 2008, 07:06 AM
Dear Cara Scott

Thanks for replying to me.........

Yes to the first question, my church has many cliques which feels like high school....
Im 25 years of age and I join the young adults group, its called 20s, 30s group but it also has it cliques.
None of my friends moved, the one friend said her time in my life had finished so she has to go. One friend stopped talking to me cos she found out I was dating out of my race (there is still racism in SA but you have got to love them). The new group of young women that I join ignore me most of the time. Its like a catch 22 all around!

To answer your second question: Im a fairly outgoing person and a born evangelist, so I dont have a problem talking to people.

3rd question: I do understand that a non-believer will never really understand me but they do have more time for me than my Christian peers.

My whole understanding about being a Christian was that you finally belong but at this rate it doesnt seem so.

Im going to pray on it and wait on the Lord, thankfully He sticks closer than a friend.

Thank you again for your reply and take care.

Revinius
Dec 11th 2008, 03:47 PM
You will find, the more active you get as a Christian, the more you will be brought into contact with other Christians. Volunteer or anything and everything at your church is a good start. Tis good to serve.

matthew7and1
Dec 11th 2008, 05:45 PM
You know what I found is that many of the people at my job that are my favorite ones too see are christian! I was surprised just by mentioning a prayer or something and people say "AMEN!". It was sooo refreshing! Maybe this will happen to you?

Prophet Daniel
Dec 14th 2008, 12:28 PM
]....Im a fairly outgoing person and a born evangelist, so I dont have a problem talking to people.[/color]
Hi, I am also from South Africa.

I can tell you now if you don't fit there is a reason. The answer is in your own words you are an evangelist and don't doubt it... Why do you have people of the world talking to you?... its an oppurtunity!....forget the enemy story. Use every opportunity to tell people about God and His love.

If your church is just a clique, find out if God gives you favour there or not... if not, make a difference in your world.

You will find if you don't fit you are called to rise above. Remember church is His body whether a big or a small group not a organisation. That is only for fellowship, from there you go out to make a difference!

Kings Daughter
Dec 15th 2008, 10:54 AM
Dear All

Thank you for all of your advice.

Prophet Daniel, your words really speak to my spirit, I think I know why I never fit in........thanks for clearing that up. I think I have to just get comfortable being just Jesus and me for a while.