PDA

View Full Version : Our sense of Justice?

mikebr
Dec 10th 2008, 02:52 PM
I often have people on this board say that God is not Human therefore we can't compare our sense of Justice with His. If this is true and we believe our sense of Justice to be wrong would we expect God to have a better or worse sense of Justice than ours?

Romber
Dec 10th 2008, 02:58 PM
But Jesus was human, and he is God. I may be wrong or mistaken, but this is how I have seen it.

mikebr
Dec 10th 2008, 03:11 PM
But Jesus was human, and he is God. I may be wrong or mistaken, but this is how I have seen it.

I agree. We seem to believe that Jesus and the Father have different ways of judging people.

Friend of I AM
Dec 10th 2008, 03:23 PM
I often have people on this board say that God is not Human therefore we can't compare our sense of Justice with His. If this is true and we believe our sense of Justice to be wrong would we expect God to have a better or worse sense of Justice than ours?

It's a matter of information. I often think of the story of Job regarding our knowledge in comparison to that of God's.

mikebr
Dec 10th 2008, 03:26 PM
It's a matter of information. I often think of the story of Job regarding our knowledge in comparison to that of God's.

So do you believe we just have different information about God in the OT and Jesus in the New?

In other words can you see Jesus taking out entire groups of people, including women and children? Do things like this come to mind when you think about Jesus?

Ascender
Dec 10th 2008, 03:32 PM
First of all, God made us we did not make God. His ways are also higher than our ways and His thought higher than our thoughts.

Define "higher" how you want but the issue regards type and kind. If God, who knows the heart and mind as well as the end from the beginning, then why would His sense of justice would also be higher.

Friend of I AM
Dec 10th 2008, 03:38 PM
So do you believe we just have different information about God in the OT and Jesus in the New?

No.

In other words can you see Jesus taking out entire groups of people, including women and children? Do things like this come to mind when you think about Jesus?

Yes. He very well could have. I don't think that was his purpose here though. It was save the world..not to condemn it.

mikebr
Dec 10th 2008, 03:45 PM
Yes. He very well could have. I don't think that was his purpose here though. It was save the world..not to condemn it.

Exactly, why do we believe that God will condemn a world that He gave so much to save?

Friend of I AM
Dec 10th 2008, 03:47 PM
Exactly, why do we believe that God will condemn a world that He gave so much to save?

God is as righteous...as he is merciful. I don't know what God will do for each man in the end. I believe that he will have mercy on all men in some shape or form though...while at the same time acting righteously.

mikebr
Dec 10th 2008, 03:49 PM
‚‘I will put My laws into their minds, I will write them upon their hearts. I will be their God and they shall be My people. And they shall not teach every one his fellow-citizen, and everyone his brother saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. I will be merciful to their iniquities, and I will remember their sins no more.........

‚All shall know Me from the least to the greatest.

Who are the least?

Who are the greatest?

Friend of I AM
Dec 10th 2008, 03:54 PM
‚‘I will put My laws into their minds, I will write them upon their hearts. I will be their God and they shall be My people. And they shall not teach every one his fellow-citizen, and everyone his brother saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. I will be merciful to their iniquities, and I will remember their sins no more.........

‚All shall know Me from the least to the greatest.

Who are the least?

Who are the greatest?

Romans 3:10-23
As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:
Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:
Their feet are swift to shed blood:
Destruction and misery are in their ways:
And the way of peace have they not known:
There is no fear of God before their eyes.
Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

mikebr
Dec 10th 2008, 04:00 PM
Romans 3:10-23
As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:
Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:
Their feet are swift to shed blood:
Destruction and misery are in their ways:
And the way of peace have they not known:
There is no fear of God before their eyes.
Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

All the more reason for Him to write His laws on our hearts.

Friend of I AM
Dec 10th 2008, 04:05 PM
All the more reason for Him to write His laws on our hearts.

Yup..Love God. And love one another. God bless in Christ.