PDA

View Full Version : My back - mornings mainly

ServantofTruth
Dec 11th 2008, 08:25 AM
The last couple of mornings i have woken up unable to sit up or get out of bed. I see this partly as a blessing, because i visit old people with similar problems (and also my mother) and this is showing me the pain and stress they go through daily.

Please pray for the healing of my back. I don't want to let people down - lifts to church, visiting, mission. Also my wife and 5 sons. Thank you, God bless, SofTy. :pray:

IMINXTC
Dec 11th 2008, 08:51 AM
Lifting you up before the Lord for this important health matter. Praying for relief from pain and morning incapacity. Praying as well that there are no underlying issues causing this pain that will need attention.

Also praying that you may continue unfettered in your very important ministry in the service to others.

MercyChild
Dec 11th 2008, 01:22 PM
.......:pray::pray:Lifting you in prayer!:hug:

Bethany67
Dec 11th 2008, 03:36 PM
You have my sympathy and prayers. Back exercises before you try to get up can help loosen everything - lie on your back and gently draw one knee up to your chest as far as it'll go and hold it for 30 seconds with both hands. Repeat on the other side. When you get up don't jack-knife straight up at the waist - roll onto your side, swing your legs gently out of bed while pushing your torso up with your lower-hand on the bed. Tricks taught to me by a nurse 20 years ago when I first did my discs in. How old are your mattress and bed? If it doesn't improve in a couple of days, go see your doctor - back problems are best caught early. Hopefully it's just muscular.

karenoka27
Dec 11th 2008, 04:06 PM
Bringing you before the Lord right now. :hug:

Frances
Dec 11th 2008, 04:47 PM
:pray: that you discover the cause of the pain.

also agree with Bethany re. getting out of bed with a bad back, and the mattress . . .

ServantofTruth
Dec 11th 2008, 05:15 PM
Thank you for the prayer support and advice. Part of the problem is our 3, nearly 4, year old being in our bed at night. Any parent who has done this, will know how much bed you get. Also normally i get up in the morning and go round waking everyone else. Things have been better during today, it just seems to come on during the night and be horrid in the morning. But our son has been in our bed on and off for years. He is about to be diagnosed autistic. Perhaps i should sleep in a different room? SofTy.

livingwaters
Dec 12th 2008, 04:25 AM
:pray::pray:ing for you Softy!!! Lord, please touch Softy's back and fix the sleeping arrangements that he may get some much needed rest..

I remember once, I had a trailer bed and the mattress was very soft..ended up, I had to put a piece of plyboard under my side until I could get a better mattress..since then, I must have a firm mattress..hope all of this info helps!!! Feel better soon:)

Bethany67
Dec 12th 2008, 06:32 AM
But our son has been in our bed on and off for years. He is about to be diagnosed autistic. Perhaps i should sleep in a different room? SofTy.

I think if you and your wife can organise the occasional restful night in a different room for each of you when needed, it'll make life more bearable. Nothing worse than constant night-time interruptions and bedhogging. I remember when my stepdaughter was about 5; it got to the point where I couldn't actually get to sleep because I was all on edge waiting for the inevitable clambering, and in the end we found it easier for me just to go to sleep in her bed straight away with her in with DH. She grew out of it but it's left me regarding sleep (and children!) as a pretty stressful thing.

moonglow
Dec 14th 2008, 06:52 PM
I am praying for you on this too! Boy do I know what you are going through...I have a bad back and Nate used to sleep with me and it seemed would kick me right in my low back where the nerves are pinched...:( Hard to really relax or get much sleep like that...:(

I am praying things get better in this situation soon.

God bless

Ashley274
Dec 15th 2008, 05:33 AM
............still praying :pray::pray::pray:

Bethany67
Dec 15th 2008, 07:09 AM
Any improvement, dear?