PDA

View Full Version : update on the one pound baby

moonglow
Dec 11th 2008, 02:44 PM
I did a pray request last month about a staff lady at my son's school giving birth to her baby boy five months early..also said she had just lost her husband right before school started in August...I still don't know the cause of his death though. Anyway people kept asking for any news on the baby and I didn't know anything until yesterday so I thought I would just start a new post so you would see the update.

She set up a website about him on caring bridge which is to help families of sick children or premature babies like her son. Its an easy way for friends and family to keep updated on what is going on.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/dawsoncox

He has gained a little weight..is up to 1 pd and 11 ounces now. There are photo's on there of him and she had done updates on his condition. He is going to be there for many months to come! There is some concern about fluid on his brain and of course he still is needing help breathing but that is getting better. Please keep him and his mom who has already been through so much, in your prayers...thanks.

God bless

Whispering Grace
Dec 11th 2008, 03:02 PM
Thanks for the update. It looks like the little guy is making great progress...he no longer requires the breathing tube and is breathing on his own.

He has a long way to go still, but thank God for the progess he has made!

matthew7and1
Dec 11th 2008, 03:34 PM
Thanks for the update. I'm sure we will all keep them in our prayers.

Frances
Dec 11th 2008, 04:43 PM
:pray: for Health for the baby and the Lord's Peace for his mum.

moonglow
Dec 11th 2008, 05:02 PM
Thank you all! As you probably well know, babies this premature can end up with life long serious disabilities....so please pray he doesn't suffer any major delays or disabilities from this. Of course also being this tiny it wouldn't take much for him to not make it...an infection...other health problems...he has a long struggle ahead still.

God bless

Elouise
Dec 11th 2008, 05:13 PM
Yes he does but so far so good.

Still praying.

MercyChild
Dec 11th 2008, 08:44 PM
..........:pray::pray:............

Praying for the little one and his mother.

moonglow
Dec 12th 2008, 06:09 PM
The mom just did this update on Dawson:

Dawson came off of breathing support this morning and is on straight Sipap where the machine only gives him a breath if he forgets to breath. He is continuing to get oxygen support from the Sipap but not the machine doing the breathing for him. He is on 44% oxygen with this change which is excellent! Dr. Scooley is hopeful that with all the progress he has made that he will be on just an oxygen cannual (oxygen support that you would have if you needed oxygen) by next week. This is awesome progress for him.

Dr. Scooley also said this morning that they are more than likely going to have to put a reservior in Dawson's head to help drain spinal fluid that is collecting in his head from the bleeding in his brain. I am not too surprised at this as they have been dancing around it for the past week or so. I am hoping this is a temporary measure and they won't have to put in a permanent shunt to drain fluid.

While this is great news on the oxygen do pray about the bleeding and build up on fluid on his brain...:pray: Thanks.

God bless

David Taylor
Dec 12th 2008, 06:13 PM
I was born 2.2, and I'm cheerin' for ya little dude....you can do it! Fight, Fight, Fight!

Redneck Charger
Dec 13th 2008, 12:42 PM
Please Jesus, take care of this little boy, and help him to grow big and strong.. Please Jesus..:pray:

mrsparks
Dec 15th 2008, 09:55 PM
That is amazing! Praise God for the strenth He has giving this baby & his mama!

Colo25
Dec 16th 2008, 04:39 AM
What a wonderful update! I am so glad to hear he is doing better!:pp
Father God I just pray that you will continue to protect little Dawson as he continues to get better and place your protective and healing hand upon Dawson, and his Mother, In Jesus, Amen.
What a little fighter! That is indeed good news. Praise God! :pray:
Colo