PDA

View Full Version : IMPORTANT A proposal for the body of Christ

kingdom-heir
Dec 12th 2008, 05:09 PM
The Restoration Movement has failed to bring Biblical unity among America's churches. Almost all of America's churches have failed to follow God's instructions for unity. Ephesians 4:11-14, He appointed --- teachers, for the perfecting of the saints for the work of the ministry, and for the edifying of the body of Christ, until we all come into the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, and become perfect men, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ, that we henceforth be no longer children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine by the sleight of men and their cunning and craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive. 1 Corinthians 1:10, Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing and that there be no divisions among you.
PLUS, every church that has made a contract with the IRS, 501(c)3, has rejected Jesus Christ as rightful head of His Church. How can anyone expect a church to function that way?

The ONLY way America's churches can revive is to get the IRS out and all the Creeds and Statements of Faith and Church Constitutions, etc. What we need in their place is a very simple statement, such as this;

KNOWING GOD'S WILL AND DOING IT IS # 1 TOP PRIORITY
Ep 5:17 Mt 7:21 Lk 12:47

The most important requirement for doing proper Bible study is to be born again. It is the Spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing. Jn 6:63. The natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness unto him; neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 1 Co 2:14

To be born again does not require Bible study and spiritual discernment, it only requires hunger for truth. If ye continue in My Word - ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. Jn 8:31,32. Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after righteousness, for they shall be filled. Mt 5:6. No man can come to Me unless the Father - draw him. - Every man therefore that hath heard and hath learned from the Father cometh unto Me. Jn 6:44,45. The Holy Scriptures - are able to make thee wise unto salvation. 2 Tm 3:15.

We must understand that God's message was given to us in Hebrew and Greek only. Therefore it is imperative that we get a correct understanding of each and every word that God gave us without ommisions or additions or changes. Our task is not to doubt the validity of the claims of Scripture, but to bow in submission to the authority of the Bible. We cannot simply sidestep passages that are personally unpalatable, or are inconsistent with our theological position. The authority of Scripture forces us to face every verse squarely and to seek to interpret it accurately, regardless of how unpopular or unpleasant it may be.

Logical reasoning demands that we pay close attention to context for accurate understanding. We must abide by the usual rules of grammar and word usage when interpreting the Scriptures. First look for the plain literal meaning of the text, but if there are obvious contradictions of known facts we look for a figure of speech. The book by E. W. Bullinger "Figures of Speech Used in the Bible" is very helpful, also "Principles of Biblical Interpretation" by Louis Berkhof.

There is no commentary on the Bible so helpful as the Bible itself. There is not a difficult passage in the Bible that is not explained and made clear by other passages of the Bible. And the Old Testament can only be understood through the light of the New Testament. "The Treasury of Scripture Knowledge" lists 500,000 references connecting scriptures together.
__________________________________________________ ______________

Ekklesia (church) is supposed to be a "school of the Bible". But how many centuries have gone by without churches being a school of the Bible?? It is no wonder there is no unity of the faith! The way to learn God's Word is by learning HOW to think, with reason and logic and discussion, NOT by preacher-indoctrination.

I believe that if people knew God's will and would do it, all of the problems in the churches will fade away or work out. I spent 3 months searching the Bible for an understanding of God's will. Here's what I arrived at;

KNOW HIM

Jn 17:3 Jeremiah 31:33,34; 2 Thessalonians 1:7,8 Jeremiah 9:24

BELIEVE IN HIM

John 6:29, 40 Matthew 18:3 John 1:12; 2 Peter 3:9

FEAR - LOVE - SERVE HIM

Deuteronomy 6:4-7; 10:12,13; 1 Chronicles 28:9 Matthew 4:19; 5:16; 20:25-27
2 Timothy 2:24,25 Luke 6:40 John 13:34; 14:12

Knowing Him is #1, we can't Believe in Him if we don't know His Word, the better we know His Word the better we know Him. We can't Fear - Love - Serve Him if we don't know Him and believe in Him.

Not everyone that saith unto Me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the Kingdom of Heaven, but he that doeth the will of My Father who is in Heaven. Matthew 7: 21

To understand what I am saying about the IRS, see www.hushmoney.org

ServantofTruth
Dec 12th 2008, 07:58 PM
Sometimes we have all the knowledge, all the passion, a heart for our Lord Jesus Christ, but something is wrong.

4 or 5 months ago, 10 years into bible faith - i was posting like you. I don't need a church, they are all unbiblical. I'd go to a service, then rush to web sites to critise.

Many people were very patient, and i also know for years people were praying.

Unity starts with YOU or me. When you go to a church, lower your expectations. The people are flawed sinners, like us. But they each have accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour, and yes have the Spirit of God within.

So why no unity? Because we are flawed and sinners! :rolleyes: We all have pride and ego too and want to be right. Perhaps there are some churches wanting money and not preaching from the Word of God? But they are few. Most want to protect those attending in love.

The biggest problem is when the bible is not 100% clear on an issue. When it can be seen 2 or 3 or more ways. If we were humble we'd all say - you know i never saw that, you could be right. Instead we all dig in and become defensive.

So You see the problem. :cry: Well most of us do! :( But the way forward is not setting up yet another church/ denomination to regain bible purity. The 'i'm right and everyone else is wrong and if they want UNITY they'll have to admit i'm 100% correct on everything.'

The answer is simply Love. I now have an imperfect church to attend. I also, like this morning, go to services and social events at all denominations locally. Like a fool, i have argued, but i'm learning.

It's a good topic/ post put in a very inteligent way. But until you start loving other believers, instead of seeing them as the enemy (like i did for too long), UNITY will never happen. I rarely feel the need to argue my position with Christians or non believers, these days. State bible/ gospel truth with love and listen more than talking.

Accept my love today in the name of your Lord and mine, Jesus Christ. :D

kingdom-heir
Dec 12th 2008, 08:24 PM
I repeat; churches are not following God's Word. Churches are supposed to be a school of the Bible, but they are NOT. Ep. 4:11-14 tells us what is supposed to happen at church, but no churches do it.

GoldFish
Dec 13th 2008, 06:44 PM
but no churches do it.

This is an important point. Yes, if you are looking for a perfectly biblical church you will not find one. Not a single one. You could try and start one, but it would fall short.

This is because God never intended for our churches to be perfect. God knew this is unobtainable, but yet still encourages us to be part of a church and a christian community to help further our faith. Even though he knew it would be a flawed christian community. Paul had many critisisms for the church of Corinth, but yet that didn't stop Paul from woshiping with them and encouraging them to keep moving in the right direction.

This is also another good reason why you can never stop reading your bible. The church is suppose to teach the bible as honestly as possible, but this is hard to do, so we must constantly read it ourselves and draw our own conclusions rather than just taking what is fed to us from the pulpit, because pastors aren't perfect either.

But despite all this, church is still an important part of the christian life. A physical community offers many things that this board can't, like accountability or a place to help the poor in your community.

Dan

HisLeast
Dec 13th 2008, 06:48 PM
I repeat; churches are not following God's Word. Churches are supposed to be a school of the Bible, but they are NOT. Ep. 4:11-14 tells us what is supposed to happen at church, but no churches do it.

Well... I'm glad you've got everyone figured out so well.
I'll follow your recommendation of my church based on your never having been there and just stop going. Likewise I suppose I'll cease any works I'm involved in through the church.

I'll be honest when I say I have no idea how this will benefit the kingdom, but whatever, I'm done fighting it.