PDA

View Full Version : Dreams

creedfan
Dec 13th 2008, 09:11 AM
Do you think that God still speaks to people in Dreams as he did to Daniel?

I had a dream, of something happening in the winter, I think this winter, but it wasn't specified. I prayed about it, and randomly picked a verse in the Bible the next morning, and the verse was in Psalms 147 I believe, and it said "Snow shall cover the ground like wool."

brant
Dec 13th 2008, 09:40 AM
dude, God totally speaks to us through dreams. acts 2:17 says "and it shall be in the last days, God says, that I will pour forth of My Spirit on all mankind; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams."

this was peter quoting joel 2:28, using this prophecy to say that we are in the last days.

as far as young seeing visions and old dreaming dreams, i dont know. i'm 32 and i get both. that's really awesome that God is speaking to you this way. i think it means God is going to use you for something important so please listen to your dreams. i've seen to many people disregard their dreams when God was trying to tell them something. because they did not listen, God did not use them. God wants to use people who listen to Him. i've had many dreams and visions come true and got to see God do awesome things when i pay attention. i've seen results such as people getting saved and others who were straying come back to the truth. there are many very real spiritual things that God wants us to acknowledge and many christians ignore. the spiritual is what gives God the glory that makes Him known to the world. i think we should seek after this. the more you listen to your dreams, the more God will speak to you in many ways. He likes open eyes and ears. lets listen and glorify God by letting Him be revealed through us. amen.

your brother in Christ, brant

brant
Dec 13th 2008, 09:42 AM
by the way my dreams often give me scriptures to match. that's when you know it is God for sure.

creedfan
Dec 13th 2008, 10:15 AM
The dream I had is both a blessing and a curse at the same time. I wish I could get some more clarity as to when it will happen, what will lead to it, that kind of thing, but I think it's just going to happen when it happens.

brant
Dec 13th 2008, 10:37 AM
best advice i have is to keep talking to God and keep listening. He will show up and He will guide you.

sherryt
Dec 26th 2008, 05:55 AM

I had a dream, of something happening in the winter, I think this winter, but it wasn't specified. I prayed about it, and randomly picked a verse in the Bible the next morning, and the verse was in Psalms 147 I believe, and it said "Snow shall cover the ground like wool."

I have dreams...have had about 10 or so in the last twenty years...that have came true and that I knew were from God...they can be verified through people around me who I have told about them and they also watched them come true...lately the dreams have changed...they are more warnings now. I feel I am led to let many people know of the change in them now.

Alaska
Dec 26th 2008, 06:03 AM
If the dream is something happening that is negative, it could be a warning and not necessarily meaning that the thing will actually for sure happen.

chad
Dec 26th 2008, 11:05 AM
I agree, it could be Gods way of showing you that you are doing something in your life that needs changing.

If the dream is something happening that is negative, it could be a warning and not necessarily meaning that the thing will actually for sure happen.

sherryt
Dec 26th 2008, 07:53 PM

The warning was not for me...it was for God's people...and all those he wants to be his people. I have learned through time that these dreams are not for me to stop, change, or even try to alter....I do not post here so people will debate with me...I only post because it is time for change...but I may also say that with the dream there was a peace...God will be with us no matter what....we will not lose our faith..and should be making sure that others do not lose theirs during hardships...and that --perhaps even more importantly that we try to bring people to Christ. I am no one special..I am simply one of the vessels in which he chose to let others know. Those who know me in person know that what I speak is true...and these dreams have served to edify many people's faith. To those who do not really know me...what I speak is the truth, I have no reason to lie...but please listen....change is coming...it is time we step it up a notch and spread the Word to as many as we can. If people have Christ in their life, these changes will only serve to stengthen their faith.

Alaska
Dec 26th 2008, 10:09 PM
The warning was not for me...it was for God's people...and all those he wants to be his people. I have learned through time that these dreams are not for me to stop, change, or even try to alter....I do not post here so people will debate with me...I only post because it is time for change...but I may also say that with the dream there was a peace...God will be with us no matter what....we will not lose our faith..and should be making sure that others do not lose theirs during hardships...and that --perhaps even more importantly that we try to bring people to Christ. I am no one special..I am simply one of the vessels in which he chose to let others know. Those who know me in person know that what I speak is true...and these dreams have served to edify many people's faith. To those who do not really know me...what I speak is the truth, I have no reason to lie...but please listen....change is coming...it is time we step it up a notch and spread the Word to as many as we can. If people have Christ in their life, these changes will only serve to stengthen their faith.

Then you mean that you understand your dream to be prophetic, like Joseph's dreams in Egypt.
Personally I believe big things are going to happen before too long. But the suffering God's people will face for not compromising will serve to purify the temple so to speak as made reference to in Daniel. Concentration camps, gulag, gestapo etc.
Extermination campaigns under the disguise of fighting terror.
Ashcroft basicly threatened that those who would exercise freedom of speech against the govt would have their US liberties taken away.
Christian will betray Christian.

Can you share your dream more precisely? I think believers need to get ready. Christianity in the US and much of the world is not acceptable to God in numerous aspects of that particular form. Numerous heresies and denials of Christ are accepted in most churches.
If hardship can rid some of that vomit off the table then it is God's love to allow the hardness to come.

sherryt
Dec 27th 2008, 05:41 AM
Then you mean that you understand your dream to be prophetic, like Joseph's dreams in Egypt.
Personally I believe big things are going to happen before too long. But the suffering God's people will face for not compromising will serve to purify the temple so to speak as made reference to in Daniel. Concentration camps, gulag, gestapo etc.
Extermination campaigns under the disguise of fighting terror.
Ashcroft basicly threatened that those who would exercise freedom of speech against the govt would have their US liberties taken away.
Christian will betray Christian.

Can you share your dream more precisely? I think believers need to get ready. Christianity in the US and much of the world is not acceptable to God in numerous aspects of that particular form. Numerous heresies and denials of Christ are accepted in most churches.
If hardship can rid some of that vomit off the table then it is God's love to allow the hardness to come.

I would never assume to be a prophet. God has never told me so. I'm sure God would take great dislike in my making anyone think this. I simply have dreams. Dreams that come true. Dreams that have changed as of late. (in the last year) Dreams that I now know are from God. If anyone wants to hear the dream in it's entirety please feel free to let me know. I will be happy to respond in an email. I pray that I will never mislead anyone and that I will do as He wants me to do with this dream.

markedward
Dec 27th 2008, 08:57 AM
I prayed about it, and randomly picked a verse in the Bible the next morningBible Roulette is a theologically poor way to conduct your outlook in relation to God. It's simply not an earnest way to seek out answers to the questions you have... it requires no studying of God's word, no studying of God's will, no studying of prophecy, etc.

*Not to sound overly harsh - I just think there are much better ways to make proper use of God's word.

sherryt
Dec 28th 2008, 07:13 PM
okay, after many emails, I am starting to agree with those who are talking about this dream...it is to share with everyone...not just those who I choose to share it with...so here goes...let the chips fall where they may...

I dreamed that I was driving down a hill in an army jeep...there was someone with me but I could only see him/her in shadow. there was blood everywhere...running down the road..on the sides of the road...just everywhere....so much blood. I could also hear the sounds of bombs...there were flashes of fire in sync with the sounds of these bombs...the louder the sound, the larger the flash of fire on the ground..there was smoke everywhere. I could see approximately 100 people (maybe more) at the bottom of the hill at a house. They were simply watching everything going on..they were not scared. At the end of the dream there was a flash of light ...this light gave me a peace with this dream...that I didn't have when I had it the first few times.

well, that's all folks. I've done what I should...I've done what He asked me to do ...it's not for me to interpret...only to say what I saw...upon waking from this dream, I went to the bible and found this verse.

Acts 2:19
This validates to me that God is doing what he said he was going to do. It's time people to step it up a notch...spread His Word..and bring all those we can to Christ.

threebigrocks
Dec 28th 2008, 07:20 PM
sherryt, just to let you know - after you have been here for 30 days and have 40 posts and positive reputation, our Dreams, Visions and Prophecy forum will automatically become available to you. Hang in there!

The Parson
Dec 28th 2008, 08:31 PM
Bible Roulette is a theologically poor way to conduct your outlook in relation to God. It's simply not an earnest way to seek out answers to the questions you have... it requires no studying of God's word, no studying of God's will, no studying of prophecy, etc.

*Not to sound overly harsh - I just think there are much better ways to make proper use of God's word.Normally I would whole heartedly agree with you Mark. Not really sure I'm disagreeing with you right now but there has been times that God has spoken to me by a seemingly random verse. Howbeit, I also believe there are no accidents in a Christians life. That make sense?

awestruckchild
Dec 28th 2008, 08:50 PM
Bible Roulette is a theologically poor way to conduct your outlook in relation to God. It's simply not an earnest way to seek out answers to the questions you have... it requires no studying of God's word, no studying of God's will, no studying of prophecy, etc.

*Not to sound overly harsh - I just think there are much better ways to make proper use of God's word.

I understand what you are saying here, I really do.
But if someone knows His voice, this would be less of a concern to me than a new christian who wasn't positive yet because someone who knows His voice isn't just running nilly willy and wouldn't just take a randomly opened to verse as something He was saying unless His voice was accompanying.

As far as study, I get really sad sometimes because I have seen so many people study and study and they are very knowledgeable and know some about Greek and Hebrew and seem to have this highly coveted "perfect doctrine" and they are great debaters, quite authoritative..............yet they haven't received the Holy Spirit or if they have, they don't know Him well because they think the bible has all they need. You could study all your life and be considered very wise by other people but not have any clue of what a verse truly means inside because you won't ever know this simply by studying.

sherryt
Dec 29th 2008, 03:33 PM

Hi, Mind if I ask what the dream was? If you feel it was given to you as a warning to for God's people then its not just for you, right? You say it was a blessing and a curse..how so?

MacGyver
Dec 29th 2008, 04:06 PM

Absolutely! I believe that some people have a gift of receiving dreams and visions from God or through angels of God and they may be more prone to have them, but God can and probrably does speak through many peoples dreams.

paidforinfull
Dec 30th 2008, 12:56 PM
I have dreams...have had about 10 or so in the last twenty years...that have came true and that I knew were from God...they can be verified through people around me who I have told about them and they also watched them come true...lately the dreams have changed...they are more warnings now. I feel I am led to let many people know of the change in them now.

Hi there - I have been having these 'warning' dreams too. I wrote them all down, so that I have a record of them (although I would never be able to forget them anyway).

What to do with them? Well, I have never felt that God wanted me to share them until now, and I have recently posted 2 of them in the 'prophecy and dream' forum.

God bless.

paidforinfull
Dec 30th 2008, 12:59 PM

Hi creedvan - why don't you activate your 'rep' buttons?

Once you have enough reps you could post your dream(s) in the 'prophecies and dreams' forum.

God bless.

creedfan
Dec 31st 2008, 05:39 AM
I dont know how to activate my reps. I'm new at this paticular forums.

Also, I understand what the other guy was saying about picking a random verse isn't the way to do things. But so it is known, I was a Sunday school teacher for a year and a half. I don't consider myself highly educated, but at the same time, for lack of a better term, I'm no dummy.

The dream I had was for my personal situation also. If anyone feels they have a gift in these things, let me know and I will pm you the dream.

shawn_2828
Feb 7th 2009, 10:15 PM

Yes, God does still speak to people in dreams. I have had a few that I new was from God. I will tell a few.

Well, I was going through this really strong phase of just wanted to talk to God and just hear his voice clearly. I also wanted to hear Him aubibly. So I had a dream that I was talking with God. I was looking up at the sky and we both were talking with each other.

Then I had another dream where I just say the word NUAH. I did not know that it meant. So, I went online and found the word. It is a hebrew word that mean rest. I studied the word and ask God to help me further understand what he meant by the word.

The other times I just heard an aubible voice in my ears while I was sleeping twice. The first time the voice, said when God speaks to your spirit you will know that it is God, and the second time, God is your strength.

So, yes God can use dreams, as well as other ways to speak to you. God might give you a vision, dream, the Holy Spirit, His Word, and may send someone to you. God speaks in so many ways that may be unique to you and will get your attention.