PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Revelation 22:18-19

holyrokker
Dec 14th 2008, 12:48 AM
Revelation 22:18-19 (ESV)

I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book, and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.

How does this apply to all the various end-time theories that are tossed back and forth.

Is saying (for example) "oh, the beast must be....." adding to the words of the Revelation?

markedward
Dec 14th 2008, 01:47 AM
That's not adding to or changing or removing from the book.

It's just interpreting it.

Some people do add (a lot) to the text, but simply saying "the beast is so-and-so" isn't adding to or changing or removing from the text, it's just interpreting and applying it.

kenrank
Dec 14th 2008, 07:09 AM
That's not adding to or changing or removing from the book.

It's just interpreting it.

Some people do add (a lot) to the text, but simply saying "the beast is so-and-so" isn't adding to or changing or removing from the text, it's just interpreting and applying it.

But that is kind of the point, isn't it? If we add some who's and what's and teach others that, then we have orally added to the words in that book? It is one of the reasons I avoid Revelation. I figure, if I do what they rest of the books says I am supposed to be doing, Revelation and the unfolding end time events will work themselves out and I shouldn't have to worry about it.

Peace.
Ken