PDA

View Full Version : Let Us Bow and Worship Him this Christmastime

ConqueredbyLove
Dec 14th 2008, 09:08 PM
The Son and the Child

~But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting~
Micah 5:2

Full of wonder and awe, my heart becomes each Christmastime as I ponder the mystery of the incarnation. It seems each year His story becomes ever more precious as He reveals, through the Holy Spirit, the ways of God to my ever-inquisitive mind.

I thank Thee, O, God, for keeping Your story alive in my heart and in the hearts of millions of Your adoring children. Forever, please, keep our hearts seeking You and your ways so that our worship will never become old, but ever childlike as we ponder Your beauty and glory…

Bethlehem was a small town in Judea, a little south of Jerusalem. Hardly a town one would expect a King to be born in. Especially this King, Who all of the prophets had spoken of for thousands of years. The name Bethlehem means “house of bread” and the name Ephratah means fruitful. In Old Testament times, names revealed character.

As we ponder our Lord’s character, the Christian would gladly tell the whole world that Jesus, as the “bread of life”, truly sustains us and satiates our hunger. He is all the hungry soul needs to keep one full and needing nothing more. He satisfies us with His beauty. He is also fruitful. Fruit represents, amongst other things, the character of God such as love, joy peace, goodness and gentleness. Oh, what a gentle God this Jesus is; how good and kind bringing such peace and joy to our hearts!

However, let us note again that Bethlehem was a small town and such a fact reveals more of the ways of God. How can it be that this One, Whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting, chose to be born in a small town?

These are His ways! For this King, Who is the adoration of Heaven, Who angels veil their face before because of His holiness and beauty is a humble King. God, our Creator, the everlasting One, chose the lowly, the insignificant, the unnoticed, to begin to unveil before our adoring eyes, the greatest story ever told; His story, the story of Emmanuel, God with us.

He still comes, for the most part, to the lowly, the heartbroken, the needy, the sinners. He still comes to the outcasts, the rejects and those that others look down upon. He still comes to the small and insignificant. My dear reader…you that know you are needy, you that feel insignificant…He longs to come to you and that you come to Him. His arms are outstretched to you.

~ The Child was born in Bethlehem but the Son was from everlasting ~

ConqueredbyLove
Dec 14th 2008, 09:21 PM
~We have not forgotten You, oh our dearest God~

Come and worship with the children
"A Christmas Canon"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGrhzCgy_bg&feature=related

MercyChild
Dec 15th 2008, 12:33 PM
He still comes, for the most part, to the lowly, the heartbroken, the needy, the sinners. He still comes to the outcasts, the rejects and those that others look down upon. He still comes to the small and insignificant. My dear reader…you that know you are needy, you that feel insignificant…He longs to come to you and that you come to Him. His arms are outstretched to you.

:agree:This is a powerfull message you shared. For it being my first Christmas being saved, this message will surely helped me to understand the true meaning of Christmas...............He has come for me and I will give Him all the glory and all the praise, for Him being born just so that I might be saved...................

You really share the most wonderfull messages. Thank you :hug:

ConqueredbyLove
Dec 16th 2008, 12:02 AM
Thank you so much! :hug: Took me a long time to get here today because we had a large snowfall and then my power went out. Well the Lord used it to have me park in the very first part of the Gospel of Luke at the Christmas Story again.

They tell me that Luke, who was called the beloved Physican, and was also a frequent companion of Paul, got his information from Mary, the mother of Jesus. He addresses His gospel to Theophilus which means lover of God. Well, we have a Theophilus on these boards. I would like to be known as a female Theophilus.

Jesus was born during the time of Herod the great. He was the King of Judea. He was a strong, able but very cruel king. When He heard from the wise men that the "King Of the Jews" had been born, he became very threatened and had all of the baby boys 2 years and under slaugtered. He was trying to kill the Baby Jesus. But Joseph, had been warned by God ahead of time and fled to Egypt with Mary and Jesus and escaped the slaughter.

Anyway, they very recently discovered that murderer's tomb!

Here are some links showing the discovery...It is amazing how archeology is the friend of Scripture and validates the stories we read of there....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6633979.stm

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5g9RT5tt0WlyCYMz9SAcSYrKoi1bQD94I7EQO0