PDA

View Full Version : prayer for a community

Beloved by God
Dec 16th 2008, 01:10 AM
I would like to request prayer for the community I grew up in. My brother still lives there now. His best friend is Rachael. They went to school together, from Kindergarten all the way through Senior year. I went to school with her older sister Ashley.

About 2 weeks ago Ashley and Rachael's apartment burnt down so they moved in with thier Grandmother. On Friday the 12th around noon Rachael went out to go get some food, lost control of her car, and hit the only tree that was on the road she was on. It took them 45 minutes to cut her out of the car because it was so smashed up. The airbag is what saved her life, and her seat belt. (she was not drinking)

They pulled 4 pieces of plastic out of her left knee (all different colors) Her left femur is broken,(thigh bone) both of her legs are broken, her left hip is broken and the other one is out of place. Both of her forearms and left humerus is broken,(upper arm) and she had some lacerations (cuts) on her forehead.
They put a steel rod next to her femur and her humerus. They are putting her forearms in splints, but they will probably have to give her a new kneecap because her's was shattered. They were mostly worried about the hip that was out of socket because the joint had already shrank and so I don't know if they have gotten it back into place or not. She is still in ICU.

My brother just got to see her for 10 minutes, and she was not awake. That was at 1:30am Saturday morning, and that is when her mother and the rest of her family got to see her. He said she stirred a little bit but they are going to keep her out until they are done with the surgeries. I have been told that when Rachael does wake up, and she realizes she is in a hospital, she gets very upset and starts crying so they have to put her out again.

She is going to be in the hospital for a long time, and she will probably have to be in a wheelchair for a while too. She will probably do physical therapy for years, but she will never walk "normally" again. Her family is a strong Christian family and they live in a Christian community, but it has its flaws and my brother is struggling with his Faith and being his own person; I think Rachael has been too. Please pray that God shows his Glory through this and they thank God for what they have, and the mercy He gives.

To make matters worse, another car crash occurred Sunday morning between 5 and 5:30am. The brother, of a classmate of mine, was coming home from a party with his girlfriend and they were both drunk. She was driving through the same community- and he (Tony) was hanging out the window being silly and drunk, she was reaching over trying to pull him back in and lost control of the car and crashed into a fence.
He must have not had his seat belt on, he was flung from the car and apparently died on impact. His girlfriend was okay, and got out, and tried to give him CPR but when the paramedics got there, they announced him dead on scene. He was 23.
The people my age, and my brother's age, are a big group of partiers and all hung out together, so Tony's death is going to be upsetting for a lot of people. One of my friends called me to tell me about it, and I think she was drunk when she was talking to me.

So please pray for this community: to realize the dangers of driving drunk, and to realize that anyone can go at any minute, and they DO need God in their lives.

Colo25
Dec 16th 2008, 04:33 AM
praying for your community and all those involved in this situation. :pray:

abidinglife
Dec 16th 2008, 04:38 AM
Praying for your community. Praying for Rachael that she would be healed fast and good. Praying for strength for Ashley and the whole family to keep onto the faith to get them through. Praying that they will be able to move out of the granma's place soon too.

And praying for Tony's family that they would realise the brevity of life.

IMINXTC
Dec 16th 2008, 04:48 AM
Lifting Rachael up before the Lord for healing from her many serious injuries, and deliverance from pain and suffering as she recovers. Praying that her injuries, especially in her knee and hip, will not cause further disabilities.

Praying for the family and loved ones of Tony. Very sorry to hear of this tragic death of such a young and promising man.

Praying for this community and the families involved, that certainly, the dangers of drunk-driving might be clearly understood. Praying that our Lord would use these tragic events to point men and women and young people to the brevity and uncertainty of life, and that doors would be opened for many to hear the Gospel in an uncompromising way.

Ashley274
Dec 16th 2008, 06:41 AM
:hug:Beloved I am praying for your request and all the people in this community esp the ones mentioned :pray::pray::pray:

Frances
Dec 16th 2008, 05:41 PM
:pray: . . . particularly for Rachel and her family.

Beloved by God
Dec 17th 2008, 12:28 AM
Thank you guys,
for taking the time to come on here, and not focus on yourself for a moment, but to stop and pray for strangers. It really lifts my heart to see that here are caring practicing Christians still in the world.
May God see your good deeds and bless you.
:hug: Sam

Beloved by God
Dec 20th 2008, 01:40 AM
Here is an update I recieved about Rachael from her aunt. I hope that the college will let her make up her finals or something- she missed them.

As some of you know, my niece, Rachael Prewitt, had a serious car accident last Friday.
Her car dropped off the edge of the highway & she over-corrected & hit a tree head-on.
She is now out of danger but is facing a long recovery. Rachael is a Crowder student at Cassville.
She has 2 broken arms, a shattered knee-cap & her femur is broken at the hip & knee. She has
already had 24 hours of surgery & had to have 6 units of blood. She will be at Cox South for at
least 2 more weeks then be transferred to Monett hospital for an additional 2 weeks.

Agyei
Dec 20th 2008, 05:18 AM
BelovedByGod, I am very sorry to hear about Rachael's accident. I am sure you and your family are going through a lot of stress right now. I will be praying that the Lord lifts Rachael up during this time and heal her of any problems she sustained due to the accident and I will be praying that he comforts and strengthens her as she recovers. I pray that the Lord blesses Rachael with a complete recovery and that he also bless her family with an increase in faith to deal with the situation. I pray that when Rachael fully recovers she will be able to complete her studies. :pray::pray:

http://www.hem-of-his-garment-bible-study.org/christian-healing-prayer.html

The link above is my favorite healing prayer. I read it daily even when I am not sick because it gives me so much confidence and encouragment regardless of trials that I am enduring. I think your niece will find it very useful. God Bless You.