PDA

View Full Version : Prayer for my ex-girlfriend's family

AndrewBaptistFL
Dec 17th 2008, 11:21 AM
Please pray for the family of my ex-girlfriend. She died on Monday morning and her mother found her in bed. No one knows how yet. She is twenty-two. I was with her for a little over a year about five years ago and we parted on good terms, however I am not positive she came to trust in Christ before her parting. Please pray that she did, and comfort for her family.

IMINXTC
Dec 17th 2008, 11:26 AM
Very sorry to hear of the passing of this young woman. Praying that, before she went she had the opportunity to decide for Christ and had heard the pleading of the Holy Spirit.

Praying for her family, at this time of crisis, especially for her mom, who had found her. How tragic that obviously must have been for her. Praying for you as well, at your time of loss.

Frances
Dec 17th 2008, 06:05 PM
:pray: that the death of your ex-girlfriend will encouage her family to trust Jesus Christ for their Salvation.

Agyei
Dec 18th 2008, 04:38 AM
I Stand in agreement with SFASH and FRANCES in prayer. May the lord comfort all who has been affected by this tragedy and bring many to salvation.:pray::pray:

AndrewBaptistFL
Dec 18th 2008, 10:10 PM
We still don't know how she died. The autopsy revealed nothing. No drugs in the system, etc. Blood is being sent to Seatle for better evaluation.
Now, worse news:
Her funeral will be held in an LDS church and her mother is apparently mormon, but also has some clearly paganistic ideas. Please pray about this. I don't know how to witness to her mother right now, I have been talking about Jesus and telling her that I am praying for her, but she has adopted a view that basically says that all religions are right.
The more I hear, the more I fear for my dead friend's soul. I've been praying constantly that she had the chance to accept Jesus but I am struggleing with the fact that she died in her sleep and seemingly unaware that death was right behind her. Even so, with God, all things are possible.
One thing though, my friends, that God has stressed on me about this: We must all live as though today will be our last, because it very well may be. If I die this moment, what will God say to me? What would he say to you? I pray for you all and for myself that the first thing we hear after leaving Earth is "Well done, good and faithful servant". We must never remove our armor and never lower our shields.

Jolie76
Dec 22nd 2008, 04:01 AM
So sorry to hear this. Death, pain, loss is the hardest emotion to handle. It seems to have no end and only in praying can we find healing, and even that takes time still.

I pray God knew her heart and her fears and was there with her at her last moments.