PDA

View Full Version : Dream?

DeadToSelf
Dec 18th 2008, 06:23 PM
Hi everyone,

Well I wanted to ask for everyone's prayers on this. For about a week or two I've been having dreams of my old fleshly self. Of where I would just go around and cuss and want to fight someone. Even yelling and cussing at my parents, which have done or plan on doing, I had one last night of me and my friend we were hanging out and her boyfriend was there and I threatened to be him up and I cussed at him. I rebuked the dream when I woke up.

This has happened to me about a little over a year ago. I had one of the pastors at my church pray over me and he was talking to be about my dreams and how the enemy will try to get to us any way that we can.

I also wanted to ask if anyone has had a dream like that? Where you act fleshly and just want to hurt or cuss at anyone.

Thanks and GOD bless.

jsph110
Dec 18th 2008, 09:37 PM
No i have not really had fighting dreams, but i have had ones that i commited fornication and I KNOW in the dream i had a choice of obeying God but didn't anyway. i don't care if biology calls them wet dreams, i ask God to help us to be faithful to Him even in our dreams, in Jesus' name.

No eye has seen nor ear heard what God has prepared for those who love Him.

DeadToSelf
Dec 18th 2008, 10:25 PM
Yeah where you know what you're doing is bad but your flesh is like, "Whatever I'm doing it anyways." But you know that you are disobeying GOD though you do it.

Beloved by God
Dec 20th 2008, 01:53 AM
Dreams have a lot to do with symbology.
In a dream if you are beating yourself up, or something that stands for yourself (or if you die) then that is your mind getting rid of a personality trait, or a habit. Maybe you are a different person and your subconscious mind is processing that.

Some people (doctors) believe that dreams are your mind's way of processing what is happening in your life. It seems to hold true for my husband and I.
When I am worrying over something I dream about it.
If you can remember, what was it about your parents and that guy that made you angry? That is probably the trait you are getting rid of, or that is the thing your mind is trying to deal with.

steelerbabe
Dec 20th 2008, 02:40 AM
I know personally if I am really stressed out, I will dream of hugh waves crashing over me:eek:

Agyei
Dec 20th 2008, 04:51 AM
Will be praying that God gives you the wisdom to understand your dreams and keeps the devil from tempting you in your sleep. I do think dreams have a lot to do with Symbolism though. Your subconscious mind could be trying to tell you something. Maybe your just worried that you will fall back into your old ways?

angel_fire
Dec 20th 2008, 05:29 AM
In my opinion, Dreams are like the breeze, they drift around randomly. You cannot catch a breeze, but you can feel it.
Dreams are metioned in the Bible as well. God created dreams.

Sometimes I think we are tested in our dreams. We also dream about things we miss, or try to break free of. Its kinda like when you crave a certain food, your mind craves the past, it digs up old endorphins.

Colo25
Dec 21st 2008, 09:17 PM
In my opinion, Dreams are like the breeze, they drift around randomly. You cannot catch a breeze, but you can feel it.
Dreams are metioned in the Bible as well. God created dreams.
I agree with angelfire on this one. Maybe he is asking for more commitment.
I had a dream for two or three weeks that I was wandering around asking people, "how may I pray for you". I think that was maybe God asking me to commit more fully. I am glad that we have a God that can touch us or convict us even when we sleep. Its awesome! :pp Just ask The Lord what he wanted you to take away from the dream, and the answer will be provided, maybe even in the form of another dream. Peace to you. :pray:
Colo