PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Devotion

dozie
Dec 18th 2008, 07:11 PM
hi
friends how can one maintain a stable devotional life in christ

WaitingforHim
Dec 19th 2008, 12:01 AM
For me, the one year Bible is the best. It divides the Bible into 365 daily portions.. one portion of the Old Testament, one portion of the New Testament, one portion from the Psalms and one portion from the Proverbs.

I have been reading the Bible from cover to cover this way for over 20 years.. and it is a wonderful way to stay in the entire Word of God. It never fails to speak to my life in a meaningful way.. each and every day.

You can buy them at any Christian bookstore as well as online bookstores.

Hope this helps!

WaitingforHim:bible:

TBONE61
Dec 30th 2008, 02:42 PM
hi
friends how can one maintain a stable devotional life in christ

Nobody can force you to do it. No book can make you do it. You need to want to do it. You need to want to have that close and personal relationship and love with Christ.

I am not perfect some days I still struggle to do my devotion or my prayer life. It's a part of being so far from God and his grace. I know I can always turn back to Christ and his love and forgiveness and continue. Just keep the faith.

God's love peace is secure.

angelwind
Dec 30th 2008, 09:46 PM
I have found that the whole Bible can be a devotional...I have finally learned to memorize scripture...the ones that seem to speak to me personally...I am very slow at this...but at least I have memorized some verses...then I have found I can pray over and with almost any portion of scripture i might be reading...prayer is humbling and opens the heart...the psalms are very wonderful to pray from...line by line...

The prayers written in the Bible...Paul's prayers...Ezra's prayers etc...can be personalized, meditated upon...memorized...

Then I also read devotionals by others who help me get closer to the Lord...Spurgeon is a favorite of mine...but there are many others...I like the Treasury of David, by Spurgeon...he put a lot of comments from other Christians in those volumes...it makes for very rich reading.

you just have to keep working at it...we all do. :)