PDA

View Full Version : Discussion The Doctrine of Separation

poochie
Dec 18th 2008, 11:54 PM
I am going to be writing an article very soon and explaining the 3 types of separation (world, false teachers, disobedient Christians).

Since most if not all of you are either Evangelical or Charismatic, I want to hear what you believe or what your pastor believes about the following passages.

I do not plan to quote anyone without permission, but my many conversations with evangelicals (I am a former evangelical) tells me that most evangelicals and charismatics do not take the doctrine of separation seriously. I grew up and have been to many churches that never taught this important vital doctrine, or rarely taught it.

I am attending a Fundamentalist Seminary and working on a Masters of Divinity. It is often taught here and we have a half dozen books that professors and affiliated have written on this doctrine. The position here is to separation from all evangelicals and charismatics. I do not believe in separating from all non Fundamentalists, as my presence in this board is a testimony that I do not hold this doctrine as zealously as most Fundamentalists.

Thanks..

The verses

Biblical Separation (three types)

I. Separation from the World
I John 2:15-17
Ephesians 5:11
Rom 12:1-2
2 Cor 6:14-18

II. Separation from False Teachers
Matthew 7:15-20
II Corinthians 11:13-15
Acts 20:28-30
II Peter 2:1-3
I Timothy 1:3-7
I Timothy 6:3-5
Deuteronomy 13:1-3
Gal 1:8-9

III. Separation from Blatantly Disobedient Brethren (disciplinary separation)
I Timothy 1:19-20
I Timothy 5:19-20
2 Thes 3:6,14-15