PDA

View Full Version : Scripture!

Yukerboy
Dec 19th 2008, 12:37 AM
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

Now, I'm not sure what this means to you, but to me, this means that Scripture is perfect in every way, always in perfect harmony.

Therefore, any Scripture that seems to be in conflict with other Scripture is only the result of man's misunderstanding.

I have always followed Jesus' example of using Scripture to answer questions about Scripture. I use His example to answer Scripture with Scripture to teach, to encourage, and to speak the truth.

When Satan tempted Christ, he quoted Scripture. Christ did not answer with "be gone, Satan" and leave it at that. No! Christ replied with SCRIPTURE!

Never enter into a debate stating "I believe this", or "I believe that", unless you show why!

Never make a statement of your belief that completely contradicts Scripture. Never ignore verses another brings up! These are to refine your beliefs. If you can answer the Scripture with Scripture, do so. If not, then your belief must change! Do not cling to beliefs only because you were taught those in Sunday School!

This is something I had a hard time with before and needed to get it out there. I had a Wesleyan, Free Methodist upbringing. I could quote John Wesley perfectly. I knew all the proof texts for Wesley's beliefs....but I didn't know where he conflicted with Scripture. So, I rebelled. I became an extreme Calvinist. I studied the words of John Calvin, yet, I saw faults in those doctrines as well as I studied the Scriptures.

So, I gave up on the teachings of men, tried to wipe my mind clear of all the preconceived notions I had from the past, and allow the Holy Spirit to guide me into His Word as I have never done before.

Am I an expert? Do I claim to know the mind of God? Not at all! I claim that with an open mind being led by the Spirit, I know more now than I did then. I came to the Bible with the mind of a child. An empty tablet to be filled with Scripture alone.

I don't know much. However, I do know this...

"He put mud on my eyes," the man replied, "and I washed, and now I see."

One thing I do know. I was blind but now I see!

theBelovedDisciple
Dec 19th 2008, 03:23 AM
When Satan tempted Christ, he quoted Scripture. Christ did not answer with "be gone, Satan" and leave it at that. No! Christ replied with SCRIPTURE!
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Good post Yuke....

I have a question.. when somebody comes to you 'quoting' Scripture...how do you discern if this person is under the influence of the Holy Ghost.. or how do you discern if its the devil... masquerading as God or Jesus.. or even the Holy Ghost...??? How did Jesus Discern ? How did His disciples discern? did they see something or hear something different?

Satan knows the Bible.. he knows it better than most.. he is an expert theologian.. and he's still the devil... he thinks he's God and he plays God.. using the Bible and Scripture to deceive and delude ...

In the past I"ve recieved a Promise from God thru His Word.. that promise thru the Scripture seated firmly in my heart and spirit...Its deep in my heart and spirit.. like that deep cold water thats found in a deep well...

then all of a sudden out of nowhere I have somebody come along and start quoting Scripture at me that is 'contrary' to what God has promised.... Where did this come from? who is the Author of this Confusion? what do I do to take care of this?...... If your active as a Christian and you are walking in faith.. Standing on the Promises of God.. you can bet your bottom dollar.. u know who is going to come along and try to divert, overthrow, and 'steal' and defeat the Promise God has placed in your heart thru His Word... and 99.99 percent of the time he comes 'quoting' Scripture contrary to u have recieved...

I"ve been taught to observe and listen.. watch and see... and its amazing what you 'see' and 'hear' when you have your ears and eyes opened by the Master Himself...

After observing watching and seeing.. and discerning.. then its time to take the offensive...

Putting on the whole Armour of God...

taking the Word of God.. the sword of the Spirit... that 'word'.. is the Rhema word.. the 'spoken' word... speaking right at the enemy.. those Scriptures He has placed in your heart/spirit...

when You submit to God... and do this he will flee...

Good post Yuke.. God Bless you!!

Yukerboy
Dec 19th 2008, 03:45 AM
If your active as a Christian and you are walking in faith.. Standing on the Promises of God.. you can bet your bottom dollar.. u know who is going to come along and try to divert, overthrow, and 'steal' and defeat the Promise God has placed in your heart thru His Word... and 99.99 percent of the time he comes 'quoting' Scripture contrary to u have recieved...

I"ve been taught to observe and listen.. watch and see... and its amazing what you 'see' and 'hear' when you have your ears and eyes opened by the Master Himself...

After observing watching and seeing.. and discerning.. then its time to take the offensive...

Putting on the whole Armour of God...

taking the Word of God.. the sword of the Spirit... that 'word'.. is the Rhema word.. the 'spoken' word... speaking right at the enemy.. those Scriptures He has placed in your heart/spirit...

when You submit to God... and do this he will flee...

Amen, ditto, I agree 100%, etc... :) And God bless you too.