PDA

View Full Version : Cyber Brunch

Ninna
Dec 19th 2008, 12:49 PM
Hi Ladies!:hug:

We have so many new members that I don't even know most people now...please join me for brunch. I am bringing a breakfast casserole...what will you bring?

Let's get to know one another...my name is Brenda. In my younger years, my husband was a career military man so we lived all over the place. We have now settled down in the same place for 12 years. We have been married for 34 years and have 5 kids - age 33, 31, 19, 18, and 13 - and our 4 year old grandson is the apple of my eye!!

Bethany67
Dec 19th 2008, 01:00 PM
Hiya - I'm bringing Eggs Benedict. I'm Jules, 41, and live in London UK. Ex-witch married to a still-Pagan husband, 2 stepkids, 6 cats, 2 snakes, too many books and dustbunnies. Aside from the things of God, I'm passionate about history, genealogy and gardening. I work in the financial industry and am a distant cousin of Daughter who also posts here. I've also known the posters Elouise and Flutecrafter for years.

Ezer Kenegdo
Dec 19th 2008, 02:48 PM
Oh, how fun! I'm one of the newbies here. My husband found this board recently and we both joined about the same time.

I'll bring the tea and coffee. :D

I am 33, red-haired and freckled, and I'm a homeschooling stay-at-home mom. My daughters are 11, 8, and 6 and they are such a joy to me. My husband is a truck driver - he drives around town delivering very heavy materials to printing companies or he picks up the printed material and takes it to it's destination. He is my very best friend!

I love to sew, knit and crochet and have tea parties. :)

Editing to say :) My husband and I are both believers. I was raised in a Christian home - my Dad was a tenor singer in various southern gospel groups. I do not remember a time when I did not believe in Jesus. My husband's parents went church occasionally, mostly for Christmas and Easter. His dad left the family when my husband was 14 and he went out that night and started smoking and pretty much deliberately chose the wrong path. He played in a heavy metal band for a while. He always believed in a creator. He looked into various religions and considered reincarnation. One day he picked up his sisters bible and started reading Revelation. He saw the one world government prophesied and saw that the governments of this world were moving that way and believed that the bible held the words of truth. A little while later he cried out to God, alone in his truck and God saved him. :) He had been a believer for a few years when we met. I am so blessed that he is a "chatty" man and we love to talk about God's Word.

Whispering Grace
Dec 19th 2008, 02:56 PM
I guess I'll bring the mini quiches (homemade, not the frozen kind).

I am Amy, 36 (but I don't look a day over 20....seriously! :eek:) I am married to Scott (17 1/2 years...that's the length of time we've been married, not his age! :D), and we have 4 kids, 3 boys and a girl (ages 11, 8, 6, and 4). And no, our girl is not our last.

I am trained as an RN, but mostly stay home now. My husband is a public school teacher.

I honestly don't have any real interests or hobbies apart from the things of God. I know...I'm a little obsessed. But I can't think of a better One to be consumed with than my wonderful Lord. :)

kayte
Dec 19th 2008, 03:35 PM
Brenda! What a great idea! I saw Egg's Benedict on the menu and well... here I am! http://www.smileyhut.com/eat_drink/essen.gif

I've been around here a long time and served on the moderator team, until 'life' got in the way. I really enjoy this board and the fellowship here.

About me: I'm 48, have been a Christian for 26 years. I've been married for 30 years and it just keeps getting better and better. My husband is a woodworker/artist, so he gets to work at home, which means we get to see each other throughout the day... and we love it that way! We have two kids. Our daughter is 29, married to her own amazing husband and they're the keepers of my four grandsons, ages 7, 6, 4 and 3. They're in the process of adopting a baby girl. Our son is 22, married and has a baby boy, 5 months old. (He has the most amazing hair ever... brown with blond highlights and tips. Pictures can be viewed in my profile photo album. :lol:)

My husband and I came to the Lord two days apart and I'm sooooo thankful for that! My greatest goal as a parent was to raise my kids to know God's unconditional love and to walk with Him all their days. They are and are now raising my grandchildren to do the same.

Other than that, I'm a keeper of the home, an artist of sorts and a writer of sorts.

Oh... and I'll be sharing a platter of fresh fruit. :)

CoffeeCat
Dec 19th 2008, 04:25 PM
Wow, what a wonderful thread! :)

I'm bringing a platter of hashbrowns and some juice and cups for everyone!

My name's Laura. I'm 23, I'm in teacher's college, and I live in Ontario, Canada. My passions are local missions work (in my city/town), history, literature and bicycling -- prettymuch every good, warm-enough day of the year, you'll find me on a bike. As most people know, I'm addicted to both cats and coffee.... and I am blessed with a warm, loving family, and great friends. I came to Christ four years ago, and He's totally turned my life around. I'm constantly amazed at Him, and I love getting into the Word more and more!

What else... hmm. I love to write, and do it often. I'd also MUCH rather stay in and read than go to a party.... but this brunch time with you ladies looked TOO great to pass up. :D

carissadawn
Dec 19th 2008, 04:41 PM
I guess i'll bring some good old fashioned buttermilk biscuits with maple sausage gravy and some iced peach tea! :)

I'm Carissa, i'm 31. I am pretty new to the faith. I was baptized over the summer. I started going to church in April of last year after going through something pretty traumatic that left me wondering what there was left for me without Him. God really drew me to Him! He pulled me out of a barely functioning existence and I am so grateful! I have entertained thoughts of posting my testimony, but I just don't think i'm ready yet.

I am a single mom of several children. My kids ages are 14, 12, 7, 6, and 4. 4 girls and a boy (12 year old is my boy.) I have lived a pretty rough and crazy life but I am well settled down now (even before I got saved I had settled te lifestyle down several years ago) and learning to grow and bloom in the faith. I am trying to teach my children as well. I am lucky enough to be a SAHM for now, while my littlest is still at home and not in school yet. My kids go to public school. I tried homeschooling but it was hard being a single parent household, and trying to run a business from home as well, at the time. I had to finally concede that I couldn't do it all and I am lucky to be in a district that has an excellent public school system. The kids' father and I still talk even though he has remarried. He supports me as I stay at home with the kids-his mom was a SAHM too and he feels it is very important. I live on a very limited budget (<--understatement) but i'm totally happy with it as long as I get to stay home with the little ones. When my older two were little I did real estate and went to college and they were in daycare constanty as I struggled to "bring home the bacon". I didn't want to make the same mistake with my littler ones.

This forum is so awesome! Momof5 it is nice to know your name now, I feel like i've seen you all over on here lol, including in your group. I am striving to be the woman God wants me to be, and it is a challenge. I hope to find fellowship with other women here who are older in the faith. :)

I'll be back later this afernoon, I have Christmas parties to go to in two of my little girls' classes at school. I'm (newly elected) room mom so I get to help set up and everything! :pp

It's nice to "meet" all you ladies. :hug:

miepie
Dec 19th 2008, 05:19 PM
I'm bringing zucchini omelets.....

I am Mieke, 43 years old and married to Charles (Chal here on the board). I am bedridden and severely handicapped and hubby is my main caretaker. He loves to take care of me, and he does it quite good while he also takes care of the house, our animals (2 cats and a huge birdcage with 17 tropical birdies standing in the livingroom) and cooks delicious meals for us........
I used to make cards and embroideries but can't do that anymore due to trouble with my arms. I used to send out cards to people who need encouragement, but stopped since I couldn't make them no more. Recently I started again, now with store-bought cards. It makes me happy to do that!
My free time is spent on this board as a mod, and it's fellowship since I can't go to church..... but mostly you find me either sleeping or with my nose in the Bible studying...... :)
Hubby has 3 kids out of his first marriage, and a bunch of grandkids. They all live in America and since he crossed the ocean to be with me, he only talks to them and sees them on Messenger..... but he says he doesn't miss the USA or the kids at all.... he seems to like it here with me! :D

Love you,
Mieke :kiss:

Whispering Grace
Dec 19th 2008, 05:24 PM
I have to say, those mini quiches were the easiest cooking I've ever done.....:lol:

beckisted2004
Dec 19th 2008, 05:59 PM
What a wonderful idea! Hmm...you ladies have brought some pretty tasty things so far. I'll bring some homemade cinnamon rolls!

My name is Becky (22) and I live a very blessed life. This has been an exciting year for me, as I graduated college and got married in May (3 days apart, actually!). I am now married to an incredible man (Daniel, some of you know him as previous poster, Doc). I am working in an elementary school as a sign language interpreter and I'm convinced it's the best job on the planet. I have a wonderful family, amazing friends, and best of all, a God that is ever-loving and ever-present in my life, no matter how rebellious, stubborn, and self-seeking I become.

Dani H
Dec 19th 2008, 08:01 PM
I'm bringing Black Forest Cake because we all need desert, right?

My name is (surprise) Dani and I'm 41 and live in Florida. My husband and I (second marriage for both) have 5 kids (2 mine, 3 his) ages 19, 18, 16, 14 and 11 (Teenagers! Eek!).

He's a network engineer and working on his engineering degree and I do transcription from home (although hopefully not for too much longer, Lord willing). I also homeschool my youngest. Our two oldest are college freshmen.

We're total geeks and my biggest hobby is playing online computer games and uniting with other geeks to do so and have a good time. I recently stood in line at midnight at a local store to buy the expansion for a game I've been playing for 3 years. Now that's geeky (especially when your fellow geeks in line are either teenagers or in their 20s and you feel a bit old)! :)

Really nice idea for a thread, and I'm enjoying reading the responses. It's nice to have a forum where we don't have to hide behind anonymity and can really fellowship, even if it's just "virtually," and learn from one another.

Someone pass the eggs please. :hug:

cnw
Dec 21st 2008, 02:25 AM
oh Dani, what a great idea, cake, I will try making something new- raspberry crepes.
My name is Cynthia and my forum cnw is for Cyndi-n-Wayne. I am so in love with my dh and he treats me like his princess. Our lives have been pretty spectacular since we both got saved 3 yrs ago.
I am a SAHM with a cake business and do midwifery also. I homeschool and work on making my home a haven when my husband walks through the door to his castle. I try my best to not make it a dungeon (working on that Proverbs thingy).
My children are 12, 11, 10, 7, 5, 4, 3, and 1 1/2. I have 5 boys and 3 girls and think boys are easier.

melbel816
Dec 21st 2008, 11:49 PM
the cinnamon rolls sound great! I'm bringing more! I've been around for about a year...but just pop in and out...not a lot of posting!

Anyway, I'm Melissa (23), happily married to my hubby John since April 26th, 2008! We are both Christians, I raised in a Catholic family, and John in a "Catholic" (but never went to church) family, who were saved as teenagers and met in college. We are both nurses, and are now in the process of buying our first home, and are expecting our first baby in July!

superwoman8977
Dec 22nd 2008, 04:44 PM
Hi I am Traci and I will bring Tater Tot Casserole. I am 31 years old live in Indianapolis, In since April 2007 and am originally from Northern Indiana. I am a diehard Indy Colts fan and Univ of Notre Dame Fighting Irish fan and my kids from the time they were born were brought up around Notre Dame, my parents have season tickets to the football and mens and womens basketball games and we go with them alot when we are home.

I work for the army as the office manager of the Immunization Clinic on post, its a job I have held almost 2 years and absolutely love. I have 2 boys Dustin who is 10 and Matty who is 6 and I am going to have a little girl in Feb 2009 whom we are naming Alison Rene.

I am divorced and this is my 1st Christmas being divorced which hasnt been easy. Great getting to meet all of you!!!

carissadawn
Dec 22nd 2008, 05:40 PM
Congrats on your upcoming baby Traci! I'm a single mom myself, and I raised my kids alone for the most part when they were littler because their father wasn't around much. If you need anyone to talk to you can feel free to message me. :hug:

Ninna
Dec 22nd 2008, 08:10 PM
I am really enjoying getting to know all of you and the food is yummy. Best of all, there are NO CALORIES!!:pp